Author Topic: TV Ratings: Fox News Debate Numbers Steady Without Donald Trump  (Read 4300 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: TV Ratings: Fox News Debate Numbers Steady Without Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »
Yeah, the clueless Trumpsters who watched the first debate were too paralyzed in joy by the announcement of the new "Celebrity Apprentice" contestants to dial into last night's debate.

Ah yes keep the infantile snarks coming. Really "great" political  tactics to scream bile laced tirades at people you want to vote for YOUR choice.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »
Ah yes keep the infantile snarks coming. Really "great" political  tactics to scream bile laced tirades at people you want to vote for YOUR choice.

Try making a case for Trump as an authentic conservative candidate - on a conservative website. 

Then I'll take you and your pals seriously.

Until then I'm gonna ridicule and snark.  He's a New York liberal.  Period.

I don't expect you or the other spam monsters around here to ever make that case, so until then I'll introduce a candidate who, if still alive (RIP), you could REALLY get behind:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:47:30 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »
Yeah, the clueless Trumpsters who watched the first debate were too paralyzed in joy by the announcement of the new "Celebrity Apprentice" contestants to dial into last night's debate.

I sense seething anger in that insulting post. Am I wrong?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 06:46:45 pm »
I sense seething anger in that insulting post. Am I wrong?

Of course you "sense" and "feel".  You don't "think".

Liberal tendencies all.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 06:51:08 pm »
Of course you "sense" and "feel".  You don't "think".

Liberal tendencies all.

How ever did I manage to acquire two advanced college degrees without any cognitive skills?

Thank you for pointing that out. My life makes sense to me now.

I used to admire your posts, Arn. Thus have our idols failed us.

Try geting a grip. Okay?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:00:26 pm by aligncare »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 06:59:56 pm »
How ever did I manage to acquire two advanced college degrees without any cognitive skills?

Thank you for pointing that out. My life makes sense to me now.

I used to admire your posts, Arn.

Try geting a grip. Okay?

Make the conservative case for Donald Trump.

This is a conservative website.

Who is he????

Who is he???

Let's be honest, this forum has been overrun by Trump mania and for the life of me - I can't figure it out.  Scott Walker was my first choice, Rubio is second and Cruz is third.   And I would be happy to defend those thoughts in thoughtful ways.

Trump has taken the chess board and dumped it over to a cheering throng.  Okay, I get that viscerally, but at some point he has to step up and give a vision of what he's going to do, with whom, the next four-eight years if elected.   It's crickets.

Make a case for Trump being a conservative in any way but his "I'm gonna do good deals for a change" shpiel and I'll be happy to join the march because God knows Hillary is going to be a disaster.

The energy behind this guy is troubling to me.  Very troubling.   It's Cult of Personality.

I lived in Minnesota through the Jessie Ventura mess.  I don't want to see that extrapolated to our wonderful nation.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:02:18 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 07:03:27 pm »

Who is he????

Who is he???

Let's be honest, this forum has been overrun by Trump mania and for the life of me - I can't figure it out.  Scott Walker was my first choice, Rubio is second and Cruz is third.   And I would be happy to defend those thoughts in thoughtful ways.

Trump has taken the chess board and dumped it over to a cheering throng.  Okay, I get that viscerally, but at some point he has to step up and give a vision of what he's going to do, with whom, the next four-eight years if elected.   It's crickets.

Make a case for Trump being a conservative in any way but his "I'm gonna do good deals for a change" shpiel and I'll be happy to join the march because God knows Hillary is going to be a disaster.

Honestly, the energy behind this guy is troubling to me.  Very troubling.   

I lived in Minnesota through the Jessie Ventura mess.  I don't want to see that extrapolated to our wonderful nation.

That may be the source of our problem, friend. This site is open to all points of view.

Some of us are not afraid of listening to another POV.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 07:10:27 pm »

....by the way, Scott Walker was my first choice.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »
That may be the source of our problem, friend. This site is open to all points of view.

Some of us are not afraid of listening to another POV.

But - that's my issue.  I don't see a "point of view".

What is it?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »
But - that's my issue.  I don't see a "point of view".

What is it?

A record of winning tough negotiations against a slew of hostile negotiators, from U.S. and foreign governments, civic and environmental groups, all determined to stop his projects from moving forward. Yet, he wins them over, and the projects get done, on budget and on time, each and every time.

He wins negotiations – just look at what he's accomplished in this race. Trump came in saying he could win, and sure enough he is proving he just might succeed.

A record of winning, plus a 30-year open record (it's searchable) of support for veterans' causes and his plain, old-fashioned love of country. That's enough for me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:12:29 am by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 08:19:09 pm »
About this cult of personality BS. The only thing I am mesmerized by is a Republican who is conservative on three core Republican issues: immigration, national security and jobs, who also happens to have a clear record of winning nearly every challenge he's faced.

So what's the problem?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 08:52:53 pm »

Who is he????

Who is he???

The energy behind this guy is troubling to me.  Very troubling.   It's Cult of Personality.

The name of this website is........GOP BRIEFING ROOM.

This is a REPUBLICAN website.

I support Trump.  Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party.  I have as much right to be here and to comment as you do.

We've told you WHO he is and WHY we are supporting him over and over again.  It is you who choose to ignore our rational statements of support.

Perhaps you should spend more time building up your candidate - I'm sure whoever that is would appreciate you putting in the time to help him/her - instead of wasting time directing commands and vitriol at other candidate's supporters. 

Now, more than ever - YOUR candidate needs your passionate support.  They are running out of precious time. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:08 pm »
The name of this website is........GOP BRIEFING ROOM.

This is a REPUBLICAN website.

I support Trump.  Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party.  I have as much right to be here and to comment as you do.

We've told you WHO he is and WHY we are supporting him over and over again.  It is you who choose to ignore our rational statements of support.

Perhaps you should spend more time building up your candidate - I'm sure whoever that is would appreciate you putting in the time to help him/her - instead of wasting time directing commands and vitriol at other candidate's supporters. 

Now, more than ever - YOUR candidate needs your passionate support.  They are running out of precious time. 

I wouldn't consider support of Trump to be rational in any sense and nor in any sense is Trump a conservative.  He is however running under the Republican umbrella.

I agree Alice that you have every right to post in this forum WITHOUT ridicule.  It's been said before; ridicule the candidate, but don't ridicule the supporters.

Trump mania has not only hit this forum but the nation.  I only hope that if he becomes our nominee ... that what he has stated for months that he says he will do, he does ... otherwise, we will have another repeat of Obama ... and I don't think our country will survive another 4 years of Obama.  Honestly, I don't see much difference between Hillary and Trump...I believe they are working together.  Just my opinion.  This country needs a miracle; and Trump sure as heck isn't it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:56 pm »
 :amen:

I am conservative enough to recognize a smart and effective fighter who's solid on three issues important to turning this country around: immigration, national security and jobs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:13:31 am by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »
Trump mania? So that's what it's called when a subset of the Republican Party disagrees with the majority's choice in candidate. Mania?

It couldn't be that the party is in process of selecting the right candidate for president? No, it's mania. Trump supporters aren't stupid, they're "mesmerized."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:15:04 am by aligncare »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2016, 09:13:21 pm »
Trump is leading a path to some different thinking; a direction aimed at winning, not merely reciting nice patriotic platitudes.

All of this "last chance" talk ignores the many times in our history, when we overcame worse crises. Civil War, WWI, WWII, Cold War to name a few.

And political figures like FDR are routinely derided by "true conservatives" yet he was the man for the job, at a time the Republican Party had its collective heads in the sand (or worse places) with their non-intervention isolationism.

Then came Pearl Harbor and even the Republicans had to CHANGE.

We are in a time with an opportunity to CHANGE, and win instead of losing the popular vote like we have for the last 5 of 6 times.

I don't have a PhD but there are at least two people here, that can grasp the phenomenon of thinking outside the box, e.g. Trump.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 09:17:35 pm »
:amen:

I am conservative enough to recognize a smart and effective fighter who's solid on three issues important in turning this country around: immigration, national security and jobs.

It's easy to be an 'effective' fighter when you have the media in your pocket and billions of dollars.  He states issues, but if asked questions his answers are never in depth ... he only repeats the same unsubstantial response.  He has done nothing to prove that he will do what he says.  It is blatantly obvious to me, that he is only saying what he knows people want to hear.  His interviews are the same, he just repeats the same lines over and over, and when asked how, he never answers how, but repeats that's what he'll do...never going into depth on an issue.  Oh, and did I mention ... when he runs out of his repeated lines, then he goes on to say, how great he is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 09:35:29 pm »
All of this "last chance" talk ignores the many times in our history, when we overcame worse crises. Civil War, WWI, WWII, Cold War to name a few.
Oh, really?

Did we have tens of trillions of dollars in debt at any of those times? Did we have a population so dependent on government benefits that they have no freedom? Did we have a society that as a whole blatantly rejects the difference between man and woman, and their roles in the continuance of the species?  World Wars I and II were both fights we never had to take on, but we did anyway and bailed Europe out of their messes. In the Cold War, we had one of the strongest economies in the world. A man could make a living for his family without a college education. No one could doubt our strength as a nation, despite any troubles we may have had.

Now, that same man could barely make a living for himself even WITH a college education, and his would-be wife would probably be dating another woman. We are a much weaker nation than we were back then. I remember hearing the old 1971 commentary when Gordon Sinclair published The Americans, his classic commentary reminding the world of how great of a role the American people had in the world: I laugh now because so much of the world Sinclair describes has disappeared. Japanese now make our cars. Europeans (Airbus) make our planes. Red Chinese make our ubiquitous cell phones. South Asian countries make our clothes. Arab states, many of whom harbor our fiercest enemies, sell us their oil. We still can grow our own food, thank God, but that's about it anymore. Our youth expect white-collar, middle-class service jobs that never existed in great quantities and are now overloaded with college graduates clamoring for them, forcing them to take jobs in low-wage retail. Entrepreneurial spirit is being crushed under regulations and agenda-pushing crusaders.

150 years ago, we fought a war over slavery and its role in this country, one that rightfully and ultimately led to its abolition. Now we find ourselves walking right back into a slave state willingly. The government now owns us.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:36:18 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Carling

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:27 pm »
About this cult of personality BS. The only thing I am mesmerized by is a Republican who is conservative on three core Republican issues: immigration, national security and jobs, who also happens to have a clear record of winning nearly every challenge he's faced.

So what's the problem?

Those are my three issues as well, and since Cruz was dumb enough to walk into that trap last night, he's finished, and as soon as that becomes a reality I will proudly support Trump to be the GOP candidate.

What I find frustrating are the posters who think he's lying about his intentions.  Anyone who has followed Trump's public life knows he follows through on his words.  His reputation in the world of business is impeccable, if not feared at times, because of the brutal and honest manner in which he negotiates.

He wasn't afraid of Megyn Kelly.  His street-smarts told him that last night's debate a was set-up for Little Jebbie to shine, and the staged questioners, along with Kelly's lies about Cruz and immigration, was an ambush.  Had Trump been there, they both would have been ambused.

Very disappointed in Ted today, frankly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:41:56 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »
Trump's winning, so why all the whining from the Trump supporters?   They should be pleased about how their Dear Leader is doing,  so why the anger at those who don't want to drink from the poison cup?   

Trump supporters want to win, and they want respect.  I'm so sorry they can't have both.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 09:53:41 pm »
Let's be honest, this forum has been overrun by Trump mania and for the life of me - I can't figure it out.  The energy behind this guy is troubling to me.  Very troubling. 

Big whoop.  Have you ever heard about this:     

Circa 1979:  Many were upset with the mania and energy behind a guy----a former actor who was pro-abortion and an ex-union chief; who cheated on his wife before divorcing her;  and then had a string of affairs with young starlets before finally remarrying four years later to have two kids who would each spend a decade without talking to or even about him.

Other than a stint as California's governor, there were no real accomplishments he could point to.  And he was old--really, really old. 

But this man connected with the American people--stepped over and kicked through the media pundits--and went on to be elected POTUS with 489 electoral votes, winning 44 American states (he would improve on these numbers four years later). 

Those who voted for him were:  23% Independent, 28% Republican and 43% Democrat.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 09:57:13 pm »
Oh, really?

Did we have tens of trillions of dollars in debt at any of those times? Did we have a population so dependent on government benefits that they have no freedom? Did we have a society that as a whole blatantly rejects the difference between man and woman, and their roles in the continuance of the species?  World Wars I and II were both fights we never had to take on, but we did anyway and bailed Europe out of their messes. In the Cold War, we had one of the strongest economies in the world. A man could make a living for his family without a college education. No one could doubt our strength as a nation, despite any troubles we may have had.

Now, that same man could barely make a living for himself even WITH a college education, and his would-be wife would probably be dating another woman. We are a much weaker nation than we were back then. I remember hearing the old 1971 commentary when Gordon Sinclair published The Americans, his classic commentary reminding the world of how great of a role the American people had in the world: I laugh now because so much of the world Sinclair describes has disappeared. Japanese now make our cars. Europeans (Airbus) make our planes. Red Chinese make our ubiquitous cell phones. South Asian countries make our clothes. Arab states, many of whom harbor our fiercest enemies, sell us their oil. We still can grow our own food, thank God, but that's about it anymore. Our youth expect white-collar, middle-class service jobs that never existed in great quantities and are now overloaded with college graduates clamoring for them, forcing them to take jobs in low-wage retail. Entrepreneurial spirit is being crushed under regulations and agenda-pushing crusaders.

150 years ago, we fought a war over slavery and its role in this country, one that rightfully and ultimately led to its abolition. Now we find ourselves walking right back into a slave state willingly. The government now owns us.
I am grateful I don't hold your depressingly dismal worldview. Obviously your glass is always half-empty.

My glass is always nearly full. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »

Circa 1979:  Many were upset with the mania and energy behind a guy----a former actor who was pro-abortion and an ex-union chief; who cheated on his wife before divorcing her;  and then had a string of affairs with young starlets before finally remarrying four years later to have two kids who would each spend a decade without talking to or even about him.

Other than a stint as California's governor, there were no real accomplishments he could point to.  And he was old--really, really old. 

But this man connected with the American people--stepped over and kicked through the media pundits--and went on to be elected POTUS with 489 electoral votes, winning 44 American states (he would improve on these numbers four years later). 

Those who voted for him were:  23% Independent, 28% Republican and 43% Democrat.

OK, let's play this game.

1933. Germany is reeling from hyperinflation and massive sanctions put on them by the French. They turn to a guy, a former World War I veteran and painter who didn't have much political experience at all, but he did have a great deal of passion and could work a crowd like no other. He promised to restore Germany to its former greatness and drive out foreign influence.

Of course, that man was Adolf Hitler.

My point is not to compare Trump with Hitler, but to prove a point (and yes, I invoked Godwin's Law to do it, so sue me) that you can compare anyone to anything.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »
OK, let's play this game.

1933. Germany is reeling from hyperinflation and massive sanctions put on them by the French. They turn to a guy, a former World War I veteran and painter who didn't have much political experience at all, but he did have a great deal of passion and could work a crowd like no other. He promised to restore Germany to its former greatness and drive out foreign influence.

Of course, that man was Adolf Hitler.

My point is not to compare Trump with Hitler, but to prove a point (and yes, I invoked Godwin's Law to do it, so sue me) that you can compare anyone to anything.

And on the opposing side during WWII were FDR and Churchill, who also used the strength of personality, optimism, along with nationalism, patriotism, offer of a better future, etc.

Glass half-empty, vs. glass full.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 10:10:04 pm »

The parallels are stark.

Granted, Trump probably hasn't spent much time in contemplation over deep conservative philosophical principles, nor can we expect a treatise on Friedrich Hayek from Trump anytime soon.

But, that's not what I'm hiring Trump to do. I want three simple things from Trump: get a handle on immigration, beef up national security and help create an environment for job growth.