Author Topic: TV Ratings: Fox News Debate Numbers Steady Without Donald Trump  (Read 4285 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: TV Ratings: Fox News Debate Numbers Steady Without Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2016, 10:10:50 pm »
Numbers update on last nights debate..............

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/29/gop-debate-second-highest-rated-show-in-fox-news-history/?intcmp=hpbt3

Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate on FOX News Channel scored 12.5 million viewers, making it the second-highest rated telecast in the network’s history.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:52 pm »
OK, let's play this game. 

No, I must stop you.  I cannot allow you to compare--in any way-- Ronald Reagan with Adolf Hitler.

Go outside and get some fresh air.   **nononono*

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 11:00:37 pm »
Numbers update on last nights debate..............

GOP debate second highest rated show in FOX News history

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/29/gop-debate-second-highest-rated-show-in-fox-news-history/?intcmp=hpbt3

Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate on FOX News Channel scored 12.5 million viewers, making it the second-highest rated telecast in the network’s history.

The debate they had that Trump was in got twice as many viewers as that. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »
The debate they had that Trump was in got twice as many viewers as that.

It was also the very first one, where "Look at the elephants" comes into play.

I'm willing to bet (though not willing to do the research, I'm tired and hate numbers) that if you graph out the viewer numbers per debate, the graph will be the same shape no matter which televised primary season you pick.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:56 pm »
Trump supporters want to win, and they want respect.  I'm so sorry they can't have both.   

With this post, you deserve zero respect in return from any Trump supporters.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 11:43:28 pm »

I understand where jazz is coming from. It's hard to see Donald Trump as being "presidential." Mainly because he's not doing the politicians' typical kabuki dance.

But, based on his record, events will happen on Trump's terms, Trump's timetable--not the media's nor the RNC's.

We are dealing with a different breed of candidate here. That's why I think he's likely to win the nomination and the presidential election.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:35:04 pm by aligncare »

Offline Carling

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 11:47:17 pm »
I understand where jazz is coming from. It's hard to see Donald Trump as being "presidential." Mainly because he's not doing the typical politician kabuki dance.

But, based on his record, events will transpire Trump's terms, Trump's timetable--not the media's nor the RNC's.

We are dealing with a different breed of candidate here. That's why I think he's likely to win the nomination and the presidential election.

At that point the GOPe/Dem conglomerate will do everything they can to regain power.  Hopefully the Dems nominate either the laughable Sanders or the insane Clinton and Trump wins in a landslide.  This would give him a mandate as the public spits in the face of the One Party DC elites.  I actually have to give Democrats credit for staying true to their policies.  The GOPe is more concerned about keeping control of the party than they are actually winning the presidency.  Thankfully many of us long-time party loyalists are finally sick and tired of the lies and the caving in to every Dem demand solely because the media will be mean to them.

Then these same people accuse Trump of being afraid of Megyn Kelly.  It's so fun to witness.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 11:49:43 pm »
It was also the very first one, where "Look at the elephants" comes into play.

I'm willing to bet (though not willing to do the research, I'm tired and hate numbers) that if you graph out the viewer numbers per debate, the graph will be the same shape no matter which televised primary season you pick.

Maybe.  But this debate was hardly an ordinary debate in terms of being able to graph it like the others that preceded it in the same time period.

This debate was a highly publicized feud with the front-runner refusing to participate.  I don't remember that happening before.  That really puts it in a little different light to try to say people are just worn out from all the debates. 

It's fascinating to me, watching people explain the numbers.  I don't know why it would kill people to admit that Trump didn't hurt himself as was predicted.  Don't know why it would hurt to give him credit for raising a lot of money for a good cause - instead of walking into an obvious set-up as Cruz discovered for himself. 

Trump was right - this was not a fair and balanced debate and I think it was that silly tweet about Putin that really sealed it.  To do that before a debate and expect the target of your mockery to be delighted to come and be mocked some more - stretches the imagination. 

I give other candidates credit when they are right, that doesn't take anything away from my support for someone else.  Any of them would be better than Hillary or Bernie.  I'm really mystified by this.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:39 am »
I am grateful I don't hold your depressingly dismal worldview. Obviously your glass is always half-empty.

My glass is always nearly full. I wouldn't have it any other way.
And that's why you don't see the problems in America. You are a modern-day Pat Paulsen, responding to any criticism with "picky, picky" brush-offs, pooh-pooh's. Come to think of it, the Trump base pretty much acts the same way. Is it any wonder why this country is such a bunch of sissies?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2016, 02:29:23 am »
And that's why you don't see the problems in America. You are a modern-day Pat Paulsen, responding to any criticism with "picky, picky" brush-offs, pooh-pooh's. Come to think of it, the Trump base pretty much acts the same way. Is it any wonder why this country is such a bunch of sissies?

I'll be Pat Paulsen. I will need to take my time to decide what I will call you, in return.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2016, 03:02:43 am »

Understood.   I know I'm hitting hard.  Trump is a dangerous man.  You support a dangerous man.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2016, 03:08:51 am »

:facepalm2:

Doh!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2016, 03:10:31 am »
Understood.   I know I'm hitting hard.  Trump is a dangerous man.  You support a dangerous man.

You know, not every politician/candidate/president should be considered an existential threat to our freedoms. Okay, except for Obama, Clinton, the democrats and 14/16th of the republicans.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:23:24 pm by aligncare »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 03:26:30 am »

Jazzhead, would you please tell me who you support in the next presidential election?
Thank you. I'm just curious.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2016, 03:27:05 am »

Just wondering, do you happen to know him personally? I ask because there are many people who do, that are more than willing to talk about him, and they tell a remarkably different story about him.  It appears that those who speak of him anywhere near the way you do are largely Democrats (like Hillary, for example) and other political opponents.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 04:33:28 am »
Don't want to forget mentioning that he also raised $6 million dollars in that 24 hours for our veterans!

Hey Alice!!!  There are a lot of mean and angry things I'd like to say to Trump face to face, but tonight I'd say...

(in a subdued and quiet mutter) thank you for supporting our troops.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2016, 04:58:40 am »
Of course you "sense" and "feel".  You don't "think".

Liberal tendencies all.

My friend, it is delightful to see you posting here tonight.  I share your frustration with Trump supporters.  Take a breath, and remember that the handful of Trump voters, who post here, are not going to elect anyone.  Aligncare, Carling, alicewonders, Truth_Seeker, Scottftlc, and the other Trump supporters are smart people who love America, and they have chosen Trump for valid and thoughtful reasons.  We can disagree and the validity of those reasons, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are liberal, or that they can be shamed into giving up on Trump.  Try another tact. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2016, 05:19:08 am »

That's all we're saying.... :patriot:

A selfless post from one of our fine TBR friends... always willing to steady the boat.  :beer:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2016, 05:20:58 am »
My friend, it is delightful to see you posting here tonight.  I share your frustration with Trump supporters.  Take a breath, and remember that the handful of Trump voters, who post here, are not going to elect anyone.  Aligncare, Carling, alicewonders, Truth_Seeker, Scottftlc, and the other Trump supporters are smart people who love America, and they have chosen Trump for valid and thoughtful reasons.  We can disagree and the validity of those reasons, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are liberal, or that they can be shamed into giving up on Trump.  Try another tact.

I would like to personally thank you, once-ler, for the very fine compliment.  The sentiments are most definitely returned.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 07:03:12 am »
Hey Alice!!!  There are a lot of mean and angry things I'd like to say to Trump face to face, but tonight I'd say...

(in a subdued and quiet mutter) thank you for supporting our troops.

:patriot:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 09:13:39 am »
Trump is leading a path to some different thinking; a direction aimed at winning, not merely reciting nice patriotic platitudes.

All of this "last chance" talk ignores the many times in our history, when we overcame worse crises. Civil War, WWI, WWII, Cold War to name a few.

And political figures like FDR are routinely derided by "true conservatives" yet he was the man for the job, at a time the Republican Party had its collective heads in the sand (or worse places) with their non-intervention isolationism.

Then came Pearl Harbor and even the Republicans had to CHANGE.

We are in a time with an opportunity to CHANGE, and win instead of losing the popular vote like we have for the last 5 of 6 times.

I don't have a PhD but there are at least two people here, that can grasp the phenomenon of thinking outside the box, e.g. Trump.
I think the same thing. We have gone from bad to worse in the last 12 years let's give somebody else a chance and that could be Trump!!!!! 

We can't go with the status quo.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »
This debate was a highly publicized feud with the front-runner refusing to participate.  I don't remember that happening before.  That really puts it in a little different light to try to say people are just worn out from all the debates. 

Historically, the last debate before voting is the highest watched debate.  So this fact alone should have blown the roof off the ratings for Thursday's debate.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2016, 01:20:01 pm »
Question. How many people here supported Rudy Giuliani's run for president? I sure did--which support forced me to flee Free Republic during the terrible purge.

But, Giuliani is a tough, smart leader. He would have made a great president.

However, because of the RNC's ancient seniority promotion system for selecting our next candidate, instead of finding the BEST candidate, it was a fait accompli our nominee was to be John McCain. How did that work out?

Anyway, Giuliani has close friendships with four of the candidates, with Trump being one of his closest. But, Giuliani has not endorsed a candidate yet and because of his close friendships he says he's torn, but leaning toward endorsing Donald Trump.

If he does endorse Trump it will turn New York State RED. In fact, because Rudy Giuliani is considered a god in NYC, Donald Trump turns NYC RED! How's that! Name another candidate besides Donald Trump who could turn New York City RED?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:39:07 pm by aligncare »