Author Topic: Veterans group to Trump: Keep your donations- Don't Want to be Involved in His Publicity Stunt  (Read 1713 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Wow. One veterans group is saying they will decline any donations from The Donald’s event because they don’t want to be used as a political stunt:

WISN – At least one veteran’s group doesn’t want any donations from Donald Trump’s fundraiser for veterans.

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America founder Paul Rieckhoff tweeted Wednesday that he would decline any contributions that came from the event, which Trump has proposed in place of his attending Fox News’ debate this week.

“If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump’s event. We need strong policies from candidates, not to be used for political stunts,” he said.

Rieckhoff did say that supporters are welcome to contribute to his group directly.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/veterans-group-to-trump-keep-your-donations/#ixzz3yTlKcC8N

Offline ArneFufkin

That's the most unsavory part of this fiasco:  Trump scheduling a meeting with Wounded Warriors and selling it to CNN opposite the debate. 

Offline musiclady

That's the most unsavory part of this fiasco:  Trump scheduling a meeting with Wounded Warriors and selling it to CNN opposite the debate.

It's disgusting.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

Before hying "Veterans groups" you might want to look into their background. Not all Vet groups are equal. This is Leftist political front group with a "Veterans label" slapped on it. This group will not be endorsing any Republican for any office ever.

Offline ABX

Before hying "Veterans groups" you might want to look into their background. Not all Vet groups are equal. This is Leftist political front group with a "Veterans label" slapped on it. This group will not be endorsing any Republican for any office ever.

Don't confuse IAVA with IAVAW which is an occupy type anti-war veterans group. Paul Rieckhoff was critical of President Bush but also very scathing of Obama as well on how vets are treated.  I believe, however, he supported Romney in 12.

Offline GAJohnnie

The most unsavory part of this is Fox News unwillingness to jerk a "moderator" from a debate who demonstrated a clear inability to do her job as an honest moderator.

Kelly and Fox are demonstrating why they are UNFIT to be moderators. Their egos are so huge they think they are PART of the debate. That is NOT the moderators job.

1st question of the 1st Debate of the 2016 campaign. Was it on a serious issue? Taxes, Economy, ISIS Russia? Jobs, Immigration, or any public policy issue?

No Kelly decide to ask  a leftist clown "war on women" gotcha question that had no business being asked in a debate. A truly monumental bit of stupidity from any "Moderator"

Love the fact that the TDS sufferes are making excuses for FOX for doing what would be utterly unacceptable from any other "News media"" outlet.

Offline musiclady

That's funny.  One would think that a leftist group would support Trump, not diss him............ since he's one of them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

The most unsavory part of this is Fox News unwillingness to jerk a "moderator" from a debate who demonstrated a clear inability to do her job as an honest moderator.

Kelly and Fox are demonstrating why they are UNFIT to be moderators. Their egos are so huge they think they are PART of the debate. That is NOT the moderators job.

1st question of the 1st Debate of the 2016 campaign. Was it on a serious issue? Taxes, Economy, ISIS Russia? Jobs, Immigration, or any public policy issue?

No Kelly decide to ask  a leftist clown "war on women" gotcha question that had no business being asked in a debate. A truly monumental bit of stupidity from any "Moderator"

Love the fact that the TDS sufferes are making excuses for FOX for doing what would be utterly unacceptable from any other "News media"" outlet.

You are HILARIOUS, Johnny.  Now asking a difficult but fair question of Trump is "not doing her job.'

That IS her job.

And the question, based on Trump's misogynous comments, was completely legit.

Get a grip, Johnny.  You're unbalanced.

Offline GAJohnnie

Don't confuse IAVA with IAVAW which is an occupy type anti-war veterans group. Paul Rieckhoff was critical of President Bush but also very scathing of Obama as well on how vets are treated.  I believe, however, he supported Romney in 12.

Check their donor list. Don't see any Conservatives on it. See a very very very large number of predominate Leftist Hollywood activist types.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/veterans-administration-reforms

Here is Trumps position on Vets.

If Vets where this group primary  concern, they would not of made a political attack out of declining the invitation.

Offline ABX

You are HILARIOUS, Johnny.  Now asking a difficult but fair question of Trump is "not doing her job.'

That IS her job.

And the question, based on Trump's misogynous comments, was completely legit.

Get a grip, Johnny.  You're unbalanced.

It may have been a bit unsavory, but it was a good challenge to see how he acts under pressure which I think was the real point. Everyone knew that he was a loose canon and he showed it with that question. It may have been a 'gotcha' question, but we are talking about a tough job, the Presidency. Whomever is elected won't get softball questions, they'll get unfair gotcha questions. Once he is in that role, with the person elected rise to the occasion and represent the best of the US, overcoming those challenges, or will he jump into the mud and act like a 2 year old whose candy was taken away?

Offline Carling

Paul Rieckhoff is a contributor to the Huffington Post.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HAPPY2BME

Offline ABX

Paul Rieckhoff is a contributor to the Huffington Post.

They have a lot of contributors, not all rabid leftists. Rieckhoff seems to contribute to almost every major news site from Huff to Fox to Newsmax as a veterans advocate as his organization is supposedly the largest that represents vets from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Offline ABX

A picture of a candidate touching a vet doesn't make a worthy Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces.

Offline musiclady

It may have been a bit unsavory, but it was a good challenge to see how he acts under pressure which I think was the real point. Everyone knew that he was a loose canon and he showed it with that question. It may have been a 'gotcha' question, but we are talking about a tough job, the Presidency. Whomever is elected won't get softball questions, they'll get unfair gotcha questions. Once he is in that role, with the person elected rise to the occasion and represent the best of the US, overcoming those challenges, or will he jump into the mud and act like a 2 year old whose candy was taken away?

The answer to your question is obvious.

He's already in the mud, and most likely will stay there.......

HAPPY2BME

The answer to your question is obvious.

He's already in the mud, and most likely will stay there.......

==========================

Are you doubting it?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I read about the guy, and completely disagree with your wrongful characterization of him.

The guy is okay. Just fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rieckhoff
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

I read about the guy, and completely disagree with your wrongful characterization of him.

The guy is okay. Just fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Rieckhoff

I agree that he seems non-partisan and his organization is troop-centric.  That said, him inserting himself and his organization into a political situation does speak to a certain bias.  I find it hard to believe that he would deny the membership of his group money earned from someone who actually does support the troops.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

Offline truth_seeker

I agree that he seems non-partisan and his organization is troop-centric.  That said, him inserting himself and his organization into a political situation does speak to a certain bias.  I find it hard to believe that he would deny the membership of his group money earned from someone who actually does support the troops.

Speaking as a veteran yourself? Speaking for close family that are veterans, or just assuming you can speak for them?

I am a veteran, and I fully understand his position. He does NOT want veterans' issues to be made partisan.

Offline Carling

Speaking as a veteran yourself? Speaking for close family that are veterans, or just assuming you can speak for them?

I am a veteran, and I fully understand his position. He does NOT want veterans' issues to be made partisan.

I think he can speak for himself, can't he?  I just find it a bit odd that with all of the politicization of the military for campaign purposes, this is the one time the founder of this group says any money raised by Trump won't be accepted.  Seems a bit "Look at Me!!"

Thank you for your service.  I mean no disrespect to you or this other veteran.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:44:05 pm by Carling »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

Be very wary when deploying that locution. Similar "derangement syndromes" were "diagnosed" regarding prior candidates and office holders, by
their supporters. Not in honest debate or discourse but to shout and shut down those who disagree with those candidates and office holders,
and for no reason better than that they did dare to disagree.

I've seen it in assorted forums where the order of the hour is to deflect any critique from His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama
Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Be Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, never mind that he has done only too much
to deserve those critiques. (Those batting aside what Mr. Trump does or doesn't know of the Constitution do have one point, at least: His Excellency
once presented himself as a professor of constitutional law, and one notes his performance in public life and in public office indicates a man who might
have flunked a real constitutional law program.)

I saw it during the Bush presidency where those criticising one or another Bush policy or move were slammed as suffering BDS. (If not banned outright
from certain forums for daring to criticise Mr. Bush even when he damn well deserved such criticism.) I saw it during the Clinton Administration, when those
calling old Droopy Drawers on this or that policy or move were slammed as suffering CDS or as "haters," and I'm sure we know just how often and how much
Ol' Droopy damn well deserved such criticism. (And I noticed some of those people, too, being banned outright from certain other forums likewise.)

So there are those who reject The Donald? Let them reject him without dismissing them as suffering a derangement syndrome, never mind that Mr. Trump
himself could be thought of as suffering a derangement syndrome of his own, considering some of his behaviours and his rhetoric. Which could, in fairness,
be said of other candidates and some of their supporters, if not necessarily to the same extent, and it is equally foolish.

Fair disclosure: I haven't yet decided upon which candidate I prefer. It's never easy business to pick and choose when dealing with the likelihood
that none of the candidates before will do anything much better than merely making sure the continuing metastasis of government slows down a little
bit, the Constitution be damned. (Constitution? Quit talking the Constitution, dummy and start making America great again!!!). And of course I should
reject any candidate who wouldn't slow but hit the accelerator pedal on that metastasis.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:45:17 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

I think he can speak for himself, can't he?  I just find it a bit odd that with all of the politicization of the military for campaign purposes, this is the one time the founder of this group says any money raised by Trump won't be accepted.  Seems a bit "Look at Me!!"
Yeah, I didn't have you figured as a veteran or even able to grasp the idea that vets, some wearing scars for the remainder of their lives, would want their circumstances to stand above partisan politics.

I admire this guy and agree with his position.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I don't see it as "inserting himself", but rather as extricating himself from being used as a political pawn.

Offline Carling

Yeah, I didn't have you figured as a veteran or even able to grasp the idea that vets, some wearing scars for the remainder of their lives, would want their circumstances to stand above partisan politics.

I admire this guy and agree with his position.

My younger cousin I grew up with died in Iraq.  Don't patronize me about not understanding what a family goes through when something like that happens.  I still have a brother-in-law serving in Germany, where he's away from his family, and another cousin still in the National Guard.

The anger and hatred on this site is too much anymore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:11:33 pm by Carling »

Offline truth_seeker

My younger cousin I grew up with died in Iraq.  Don't patronize me about not understanding what a family goes through when something like that happens.  I still have a brother-in-law serving in Germany, where he's away from his family, and another cousin still in the National Guard.

The anger and hatred on this site is too much anymore.
Not any anger and hatred, from me. I support the position this guy took, on behalf of vets.

I am leaning toward Trump, but I do not vets used by him. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:26:24 pm by truth_seeker »