Author Topic: Veterans group to Trump: Keep your donations- Don't Want to be Involved in His Publicity Stunt  (Read 1720 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
More Veterans groups are coming out against this or questioning it.

Wounded Warriors said they haven't been contacted about it and aren't sanctioning it.
Vote Vets, which is a leftist group, said 'don't hide from Megyn Kelly behind us.

http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/27/veterans-groups-line-reject-money-trump-even-raising/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
http://linkis.com/www.cnn.com/2016/01/MzwOM

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm glad. Really glad.

I find using veterans to be repulsive - all politicians do it, yet NOTHING EVER bleep CHANGES for them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I see where Ted Cruz is wanting to "use veterans for political purposes too".

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,193090.msg772778/topicseen.html#msg772778

I don't get it - how is wanting to raise money for veterans a bad thing?  So what if it is under political auspices?

Reminds me of a story.  A lottery winner wanted to give a large amount of his winnings to his church, but some church members didn't want him to - since gambling was a sin.

The preacher said, "The Devil's had this money too long, it's time to give it to God."

I resent these groups using politics to deprive their veterans of money they need and can use - just to make their political points!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I see where Ted Cruz is wanting to "use veterans for political purposes too".

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,193090.msg772778/topicseen.html#msg772778

I don't get it - how is wanting to raise money for veterans a bad thing?  So what if it is under political auspices?

Reminds me of a story.  A lottery winner wanted to give a large amount of his winnings to his church, but some church members didn't want him to - since gambling was a sin.

The preacher said, "The Devil's had this money too long, it's time to give it to God."

I resent these groups using politics to deprive their veterans of money they need and can use - just to make their political points!

Wrong! A SuperPac is offering to donate $1.5 million if Trump will do a one on one debate with Cruz between now and Sunday.

Ted Cruz didn't have a thing to do with it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sure, politicians LOOVVVVEEEE veterans. Especially wounded ones. That's why the bleep make so many of them.  :chairbang:

Trump is no damned worse than any other pol in this regard. They are ALL scum.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

Wrong! A SuperPac is offering to donate $1.5 million if Trump will do a one on one debate with Cruz between now and Sunday.

Ted Cruz didn't have a thing to do with it!

BUT, I assume that if Trump takes up the offer for to get the PAC money for veterans - that Ted Cruz has agreed to debate Trump under those terms.  How is that not having anything to do with it. 

Is that not a quid pro quo?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
BUT, I assume that if Trump takes up the offer for to get the PAC money for veterans - that Ted Cruz has agreed to debate Trump under those terms.  How is that not having anything to do with it. 

Actually, Cruz offered to debate and even issued a public letter/challenge before the PAC made the offer. Cruz didn't agree to nor have part in those terms, that's between Donald and that PAC.

However, that being said, I still think using vets even in this way, is tacky. I think that's why all the groups are coming out against Trump's anti-debate rally. They feel like they are being used. I have a feeling if they found out about this PACs offer, they would say something similar. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Alice if you recall Ted Cruz issued a challenge to Trump for a one on one debate almost immediately after Trump's announcement that he was going to skip tomorrow's debate. The other events followed that and Ted Cruz had nothing to do with those events. Still doesn't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

:patriot:

Take the money. Money does good. Retrofit homes and cars, surgical, medical and social services. Come on, guys, take the money and resist the urge to air your politics.

Offline alicewonders

Alice if you recall Ted Cruz issued a challenge to Trump for a one on one debate almost immediately after Trump's announcement that he was going to skip tomorrow's debate. The other events followed that and Ted Cruz had nothing to do with those events. Still doesn't.

Yeah, right.

I find the relationship between Ted Cruz, David Barton and Glenn Beck to be terribly cozy.

This whole PAC crap is just a super-charged vehicle to inject even more corruption into politics.  Millions and millions of dollars raised that the candidate has no control over?  But yet, we can be cozy friends with each other - just not talk about the money part!

I'm glad Trump asked for no PACs for himself - what a diaper load!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's the most unsavory part of this fiasco:  Trump scheduling a meeting with Wounded Warriors and selling it to CNN opposite the debate.

What else do you expect from a man that is like a selfish child,and thinks of no one but himself?

Remember a short while ago he went for the veteran vote by saying he considered himself to be a veteran because he went to military school? He is so egotistical he actually thought veterans would be flattered that he identified with them.

This man possibly has the worse judgement of anyone that has ever ran for President.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.