Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 16425 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 02:01:25 am »
LOL!  This is pure genius, my friend.

Do you realize how many Democrats and Independents he endears by dissing FOXNEWS?
Democrats and independents don't vote in Republican primaries. Except in South Carolina.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 02:01:54 am »
Matt Tyda, of Marshalltown, said Trump’s decision “means nothing to me. The media, you can’t believe anything, especially anything Fox News says, wants or does.” He cited recent reporting by the network that appeared to mock Republican Sen. Rand Paul as an example of the network’s poor coverage.

“Fox News is a joke,” he added.

Trump will ‘definitely not’ participate in Fox debate, campaign says

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa -- Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he will not attend a debate scheduled for Thursday night in Des Moines, an unexpected twist just days before voters here launch the election process.

"I probably won't be doing the debate. I'm going to have something else in Iowa," he said during a press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

After the press conference, Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski confirmed to The Washington Post that Trump would "definitely not" participate in Thursday's Fox News debate.

“He’s definitely not participating in the Fox News debate," Lewandowski said. "His word is his bond."

He said Trump would remain in Iowa as planned and would instead host an event in the state to raise money for wounded warriors and other veterans groups.

Trump has made such threats before, but he said that the Fox News Channel, which is hosting the debate Thursday night, had gone too far by issuing press statements on Tuesday that he said mocked his concern about Megyn Kelly, one of the debate co-moderators.

"They're dealing with someone who's a little bit different. They can't toy with me like they toy with everybody else," he added.

When Trump saw the press release from Fox, "I said, 'Bye bye,'" he said.

Trump said his event on Thursday will benefit military veterans and service members wounded in war.

Although Trump said there had been too many Republican debates, Lewandowki said the decision applied only to the Fox News debate and that he would be open to participating in future debates.

Earlier Tuesday, Fox News Channel President Roger Ailes told The Post that "Megyn Kelly is an excellent journalist, and the entire network stands behind her. She will absolutely be on the debate stage on Thursday night."

Later, the network poked fun at Trump in a satirical statement: "We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president. A nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings."

Trump's feud with Kelly began during the first debate in August, when she questioned him about disparaging remarks he has made about women with her opening question.

Trump made his surprise announcement during a press conference in a high school workout gym, within steps of about a dozen stationary bikes. The combative exchange with reporters delayed the start of his event by nearly an hour.

In the gymnasium packed with thousands, Trump sat on a stage for a rare Q&A session with a local radio host who asked mostly friendly questions about his economic and tax policy. The candidate never told the crowd what he had told reporters and only hinted at his decision at the end of the 45-minute event.

“Fox News is fine, I have no objection to Fox News, but they have to treat people fairly and they can’t take advantage of people,” he said. "I made a little announcement before, not a big deal, but it’s sort of an interesting period of time.”

People leaving the event said that they didn’t know what Trump was referring to when he mentioned Fox. When told of his decision, opinion split sharply between disbelief, disagreement and total support.

Marcia Ziel, a retiree from Marshalltown, Iowa, disagreed with Trump’s assertion that Fox has been unfair to him.

“I’ve watched the debates and I’m sorry, but Fox has done a terrific job with the debates. I’m surprised,” she said.

His decision is likely to disappoint many Iowans, she added, but “I don’t think it’ll change their vote, but it would be very disappointing.”

Matt Tyda, of Marshalltown, said Trump’s decision “means nothing to me. The media, you can’t believe anything, especially anything Fox News says, wants or does.” He cited recent reporting by the network that appeared to mock Republican Sen. Rand Paul as an example of the network’s poor coverage.

“Fox News is a joke,” he added.

Karen Farmer, a retiree from Cedar Rapids, said she’d traveled to the event to hear what Trump had to say about Social Security. Told about his decision, she shook her head in disbelief.

“I would think that he would show up in the debate and I think he will,” she said. “He’ll be there.”

Trump is scheduled to appear later Tuesday in Iowa City. On Wednesday, he is scheduled to travel to Lexington, S.C., for a rally before returning to Iowa, presumably for his veterans-themed event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/26/trump-will-definitely-not-participate-in-fox-debate-campaign-says/?tid=sm_tw
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:04:08 am by HAPPY2BME »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2016, 02:03:04 am »
Democrats and independents don't vote in Republican primaries. Except in South Carolina.

He's looking way past Iowans, here.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2016, 02:05:28 am »
I have a great meme that would be perfect for your post...but I love you too much.   :smokin:

You have a meme that says lying is OK?  Interesting.....

btw, Megyn Kelly's question to Trump was so benign it's funny.   The idea that Trump is afraid of her, is hilarious.

I think maybe Donald has Mommy issues..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2016, 02:06:02 am »

HonestJohn

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 02:10:09 am »
Bookmark this for later.  I predict Trump will do the debate.  He is once again playing the media like a violin.

I wouldn't let him back in.  He made his bed, now he should lie in it.

If we are the party of personal responsibility, we ought to make sure our candidates live up to their word.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 02:10:52 am »
Okay.  So why are other venues like CNN acceptable?  Fox News is certainly imperfect, but they are no worse than the others.  It is the left that bashes Fox News as the worst.  It is leftists who refuse to work with them.

Perhaps it's because CNN is liberal, and so is Trump.

No matter how much folks here hate FOX, it's clearly the most objective of all the networks, and the idea that Trump is so childish as to boycott because Kelly isn't "fair" indicates how weak a man he is.

They're cheering because he's so cool by doing this, but to anyone objective past the age of 14, he looks like an idiot.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2016, 02:11:32 am »
If we are the party of personal responsibility, we ought to make sure our candidates live up to their word.

=============================

In that case, you have absolutely nobody to vote for.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 02:11:51 am »
You have a meme that says lying is OK?  Interesting.....

btw, Megyn Kelly's question to Trump was so benign it's funny.   The idea that Trump is afraid of her, is hilarious.

I think maybe Donald has Mommy issues..........

...hmm Mommy issues!  That's it!    :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 02:12:47 am »

No matter how much folks here hate FOX, it's clearly the most objective of all the networks, and the idea that Trump is so childish as to boycott because Kelly isn't "fair" indicates how weak a man he is.

They're cheering because he's so cool by doing this, but to anyone objective past the age of 14, he looks like an idiot.

===================================

Since when can an idiot not win an election?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 02:14:07 am »
btw, Kelly is handling this well on the Kelly File.

Britt Hume is wondering how well this will sit with serious Iowa voters.  He's also sure that it won't have any negative effect on the "hard core" because they don't care what he does.  They'd defend his stripping naked and running down the street as being UN PC.....

A pretty obvious observation demonstrated daily here.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 02:15:08 am »

======================

Yeah, and Rupert Murdoch is scratching his head on what to do next.

85% of these 'Fox Debates' audiences watched for no other reason than to hear what Donald Trump was going to say next.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 02:15:54 am »
===================================

Since when can an idiot not win an election?

Well, Trump will be Exhibit A if he does win.

I just never thought conservative voters would be so short-sighted and obtuse to actually help it happen.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17:08 am »
Trump is a liberal running as a Republican. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2016, 02:17:40 am »
btw, Kelly is handling this well on the Kelly File.

Britt Hume is wondering how well this will sit with serious Iowa voters.  He's also sure that it won't have any negative effect on the "hard core" because they don't care what he does.  They'd defend his stripping naked and running down the street as being UN PC.....

A pretty obvious observation demonstrated daily here.

========================

Are you sure that Britt Hume and Megyn Kelly never discuss or compare notes prior to these 'debates?'

Their bonuses do come from 'viewership' numbers, do they not?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2016, 02:18:46 am »
Ok, let Trump sit in a corner and suck his thumb like a spoiled brat.  I say bring ALL the candidates on including; Fiorina, Huckabee and Santorum and let them debate.  Screw Donald!   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:02 am »

It's armchair psychology, but I've been an observer of people over a long enough time to think it's a very real probability.

He clearly doesn't like women who don't cowtow to him.  And he bragged in one of his books about his womanizing, so that reveals an insecurity with women as well.

btw, Tony Perkins just endorsed Ted Cruz!

An ADULT in the room!! :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:59 am »
========================

Are you sure that Britt Hume and Megyn Kelly never discuss or compare notes prior to these 'debates?'

Their bonuses do come from 'viewership' numbers, do they not?

What does that have to do with Britt's accurate observations?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2016, 02:20:14 am »
Ok, let Trump sit in a corner and suck his thumb like a spoiled brat.  I say bring ALL the candidates on including; Fiorina, Huckabee and Santorum and let them debate.  Screw Donald!   :patriot:

=========================

If you have watched all six of these debates, you noted that Donald Trump stood in the very center of each of them.

And he won all six of them.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:47 am »
What does that have to do with Britt's accurate observations?

================================

It has to do with what questions will be asked by who and to what candidate.

Do you think they compare notes, or are their questions written by each of them and kept strictly confidential to only the person asking them?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:49 am »
=========================

If you have watched all six of these debates, you noted that Donald Trump stood in the very center of each of them.

And he won all six of them.

That's funny.  Most people think that Cruz won some of them.  You must not be objective when you watch, eh?

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 02:22:59 am »

I think you'll enjoy this:

http://rsbn.tv/live-stream-donald-trump-holds-rally-in-iowa-city-ia/

I find Donald and the media events he holds for the Devotess quite banal, thanks

Now if he'd Dance at least he;d be funny!!!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:02 am »

Do you think they compare notes, or are their questions written by each of them and kept strictly confidential to only the person asking them?

Why would it matter if Brit Hume knew the question before you and I did?  What?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:24 am »

They're quite up front about their debate prep.  There's no issue here.

And no matter how much you hate FOX, they're clearly more objective toward ALL the candidates than any of the leftist networks.

Again..........there's no issue here.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:58 am »
That's funny.  Most people think that Cruz won some of them.  You must not be objective when you watch, eh?

I watched one 

Id rather see em show off to music....

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!