Author Topic: Cruz to tea party supporters: Don't get 'burned' by fake conservatives  (Read 6344 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ted Cruz implored a Tea Party audience here on Saturday to examine closely the record of candidates like Donald Trump and Marco Rubio, warning a crowd not to get "burned" by fake brothers in arms even as he declined to utter his rivals' names.

The Texas senator typically asks audiences to distinguish between "campaign conservatives" and "consistent conservatives," but Cruz's remarks Saturday were essentially a dare to those gathered here to look finely at opponents' histories on seven key battles. In a retooled stump speech flush with Trump overtones and delivered right before Trump took the stage himself, Cruz offered a checklist of fights that he had led that his opponents -- like Trump -- hadn't......

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/16/politics/ted-cruz-tea-party-rally-donald-trump-marco-rubio/

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Re: Cruz to tea party supporters: Don't get 'burned' by fake conservatives
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:08:20 pm »
Thank you!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:24:06 pm »
Yes those conservatives YOU elected and control the HOUSE and SENATE have really worked out well. Please keep them and their conservatism but the people are tired of the UNIPARTY they have formed for themselves. Ask any of them if they are conservative and 100% will say YES. Need a DOER that will not CAVE immediately and take the current version of what is being sold as conservative and shove it! The UNIPARTY is working only for the POLITICANS. We need someone who will do the EXACT opposite of what the REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES we have now. Name a deal where they won anything. They do now even fake it any more they JUST immediately CAVE. THOSE days are over in about 350+ days. :patriot:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:24:56 pm by Longiron »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 11:29:23 pm »
Yes those conservatives YOU elected and control the HOUSE and SENATE have really worked out well. Please keep them and their conservatism but the people are tired of the UNIPARTY they have formed for themselves. Ask any of them if they are conservative and 100% will say YES. Need a DOER that will not CAVE immediately and take the current version of what is being sold as conservative and shove it! The UNIPARTY is working only for the POLITICANS. We need someone who will do the EXACT opposite of what the REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES we have now. Name a deal where they won anything. They do now even fake it any more they JUST immediately CAVE. THOSE days are over in about 350+ days. :patriot:

The last time I checked, the Conservatives in the House and Senate were the minority, most in the House and Senate are referred to here and elsewhere as RINOs and the biggest complaint isn't that they are Conservative but that they aren't- they deal make with the dems giving up their values at the drop of a hat.  You can probably count on one hand the number of consistent Conservatives in the House and the Senate.

That's not saying, as often accused, that we won't settle for anything but the perfect (ie, make the perfect the enemy of the good). I, and I know many others, right now would just settle for a reasonable Conservative who considers Constitutional limited government first and at least starts to head that direction.  Not another deal maker who has no Constitutional foundation at all. That's pretty much what got us in this mess.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:33:29 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 12:14:49 am »

I have always voted for the most conservative candidate in the primary and for whoever the GOP nominee was in the general.

George W. Bush is a good example. W is a fine man who had to face a terrified nation after 9/11. He rose to the challenge, showed resolve and calmed our fears.

But beyond that he turned out to be not as conservative as he claimed. Took us to war in Afghanistan--a necessary response to the attack on America. But, he also invaded Iraq. In hindsight, a war of choice.

He expanded government with Medicare part D and No Child Left Behind, he signed TARP into law. Debt went up under George W. Bush. Was he really as conservative as he claimed? And if he was, why did government grow so much under his watch?

Just speculation, but under president Donald Trump, we will see balanced budgets and a reduction in national debt, among other conservative things. Like a focus on jobs. Not part time and seasonal jobs but real, high paying jobs in the energy, construction and manufacturing sectors.

I'd rather hire a president who's an outsider, but is strong and effective and who's a pragmatic executive. Rather than a conservative ideologue, a lawyer and politician, like Ted Cruz, who lacks those specific real world skills.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:03:21 am »
I have always voted for the most conservative candidate in the primary and for whoever the GOP nominee was in the general.

George W. Bush is a good example. W is a fine man who had to face a terrified nation after 9/11. He rose to the challenge, showed resolve and calmed our fears.

But beyond that he turned out to be not as conservative as he claimed. Took us to war in Afghanistan--a necessary response to the attack on America. But, he also invaded Iraq. In hindsight, a war of choice.

He expanded government with Medicare part D and No Child Left Behind, he signed TARP into law. Debt went up under George W. Bush. Was he really as conservative as he claimed? And if he was, why did government grow so much under his watch?

Just speculation, but under president Donald Trump, we will see balanced budgets and a reduction in national debt, among other conservative things. Like a focus on jobs. Not part time and seasonal jobs but real, high paying jobs in the energy, construction and manufacturing sectors.

I'd rather hire a president who's an outsider, but is strong and effective and who's a pragmatic executive. Rather than a conservative ideologue, a lawyer and politician, like Ted Cruz, who lacks those specific real world skills.

I' beg to differ with you on part of that!  GW was every bit as conservative as he claimed to be but being a war time president distracted him a great deal and he took a lot of advice from people who really didn't want to go where the boss intended to go!  Can you say Karl Rove?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »
Fake conservatives' Mitch McConnell s a full fledged conservative like CRUZ, just ask Him?

:whistle:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/26/senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-attorney-heads-pro-cruz-anti-trump-super-pac/

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:00 pm »
Fake conservatives' Mitch McConnell s a full fledged conservative like CRUZ, just ask Him?

:whistle:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/26/senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-attorney-heads-pro-cruz-anti-trump-super-pac/

Wow. The evidence is incontrovertible. Ted Cruz is not who he says he is. And apparently, neither is Mark Levin.

It seem we have here just another example of politicians (Ted Cruz) using their "conservative" bona fides to aid the establishment--in this case Mitch McConnell, even though ostensibly Cruz hates McConnell, even calling him a liar on the senate floor--in order to get one of them elected into the establishment fold. Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Very disappointing.

Thanks for bringing that to us, Longiron.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 01:16:20 pm »
Wow. The evidence is incontrovertible. Ted Cruz is not who he says he is. And apparently, neither is Mark Levin.

It seem we have here just another example of politicians (Ted Cruz) using their "conservative" bona fides to aid the establishment--in this case Mitch McConnell, even though ostensibly Cruz hates McConnell, even calling him a liar on the senate floor--in order to get one of them elected into the establishment fold. Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Very disappointing.

Thanks for bringing that to us, Longiron.
Yup.  I've been trying to 'gently' let people know.  Smart folks that have recognized the Kabuki Theater in DC for decades, have been missing one of the most spectacular acts in recent history.  I don't say too much and I don't care if people want to believe it now or not, because I know in time, all will be revealed.  The clues are all there, and will remain in place regardless if some choose to ignore them at the present.  Sometimes the best lessons learned, come with the most pain. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 02:31:27 pm »
It seem we have here just another example of politicians (Ted Cruz) using their "conservative" bona fides to aid the establishment--in this case Mitch McConnell
And Trump gave $50,000 to McConnell, so perhaps we have a Mexican standoff in the "quién es el conservador verdadero" department.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:43:25 pm »
And Trump gave $50,000 to McConnell, so perhaps we have a Mexican standoff in the "quién es el conservador verdadero" department.

If that $50,000 to McConnell were a one off, then you might have a point. But, you know as well as I, that business magnates give "protection" money to both political parties. Check the records. Trump spread the money around. But, interestingly, gave more to republicans than to democrats.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »

It didn't stop anyone from pulling the lever for Mitt Romney, whose company, Bain Capital, gave millions in campaign contributions to Democrats.

Gee, I thought Mitt Romney was a republican candidate for president. Who knew he favored Democrats?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
It didn't stop anyone from pulling the lever for Mitt Romney, whose company, Bain Capital, gave millions in campaign contributions to Democrats.

Gee, I thought Mitt Romney was a republican candidate for president. Who knew he favored Democrats?

====================================

Facts are confusing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »

I did! And the ONLY reason he got my vote is that I prayed he would be less bad than Barrack Hussein Obama!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 02:58:47 pm »
Well, my take is that Cruz learned his lesson well from Trump.
It does not matter what you say about me as long as you spell my name right.
I think this is all just more media manipulation.. no one is talking about any candidates except Trump and Cruz.
Cruz and Trump are STILL on the same side... :)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:20 pm »
The last time I checked, the Conservatives in the House and Senate were the minority, most in the House and Senate are referred to here and elsewhere as RINOs and the biggest complaint isn't that they are Conservative but that they aren't- they deal make with the dems giving up their values at the drop of a hat.  You can probably count on one hand the number of consistent Conservatives in the House and the Senate.

That's not saying, as often accused, that we won't settle for anything but the perfect (ie, make the perfect the enemy of the good). I, and I know many others, right now would just settle for a reasonable Conservative who considers Constitutional limited government first and at least starts to head that direction.  Not another deal maker who has no Constitutional foundation at all. That's pretty much what got us in this mess.

The Trump devotee to whom you are responding doesn't value conservatism in any way, shape or form.  The fact that Donald Trump isn't even remotely conservative in any area, that he is devoid of personal character, and has recently supported government controlled health care, partial birth abortion, the Dream Act, Obama's economic polices, etc. etc., is IRRELEVANT.  People who stand on principle are idiotic perfectionists who don't want to win.

You are responding to the poster child of what's wrong with America, and why it most likely won't survive.....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:00:20 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 03:01:24 pm »
My point was that if Cruz can be criticized for any "non-conservative" thing he's ever done - and that's legit, we should evaluate everyone's record -  so can anyone else. If Cruz is "not who he says he is," don't the facts also show that Trump (and just about every human being who's ever run for office) likewise has done things that don't fit 100% with who or what he says he is?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 03:11:01 pm »
The Trump devotee to whom you are responding doesn't value conservatism in any way, shape or form.  The fact that Donald Trump isn't even remotely conservative in any area, that he is devoid of personal character, and has recently supported government controlled health care, partial birth abortion, the Dream Act, Obama's economic polices, etc. etc., is IRRELEVANT.  People who stand on principle are idiotic perfectionists who don't want to win.

You are responding to the poster child of what's wrong with America, and why it most likely won't survive.....

I can tell you this! On Feb 16, 2016, the first day of early voting, I will proudly cast my vote FOR Ted Cruz as the presidential nominee of the Republican Party! 

First time in a LONG time that I will have been able to do that instead of voting AGAINST the other candidate! (In 2012 there were few candidates left standing by the time Texas got around to voting and on that occasion I pulled the Mike Huckabee lever because he was IMHO less bad than Mitt Romney!)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:21:03 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »
I can tell you this! On Feb 16, 2016 I will proudly cast my vote FOR Ted Cruz as the presidential nominee of the Republican Party! 

First time in a LONG time that I will have been able to do that instead of voting AGAINST the other candidate! (In 2012 there were few candidates left standing by the time Texas got around to voting and on that occasion I pulled the Mike Huckabee lever because he was IMHO less bad than Mitt Romney!)

I find it quite amusing that supporters of the least conservative candidate running for President as a Republican in our lifetime; the one who has supported leftist policies that we all despise as recently as 2015, are now trying to prove that Cruz isn't really a conservative.

The irony is dripping off the page......   

Yeah........... let's vote for a Democrat because Cruz isn't 'who he says he is.'

Oy...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 03:21:55 pm »

Trump's rabid supporters are just a mirror image of the ignorant Obama cultists.   There's no rationality, no logic and no discernment.  Facts don't matter.  History is irrelevant.   It's about the Cult of Personality.   It's about "The Donald", their demigod, who will lead us all to some Promised Land.   

This entire process has become a dismal joke.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 03:24:18 pm »
Trump's rabid supporters are just a mirror image of the ignorant Obama cultists.   There's no rationality, no logic and no discernment.  Facts don't matter.  History is irrelevant.   It's about the Cult of Personality.   It's about "The Donald", their demigod, who will lead us all to some Promised Land.   

That's the way I see it as well Arne and if some here find that offensive TUFF!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

Latest national CNN poll. Trump up to 41%, Cruz at 19%, Rubio a distant 8%. My math isn't too good, but gimme a minute...I think that's a...lemme see...that's a 22% difference between Trump and Ted Cruz.

Maybe Cruz can pull an upset in Iowa, but he's going to have trouble with the rest of the country, except perhaps Texas. But, even there, Trump's strategy is to win even in Texas.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »
Latest national CNN poll. Trump up to 41%, Cruz at 19%, Rubio a distant 8%. My math isn't too good, but gimme a minute...I think that's a...lemme see...that's a 22% difference between Trump and Ted Cruz.

Maybe Cruz can pull an upset in Iowa, but he's going to have trouble with the rest of the country, except perhaps Texas. But, even there, Trump's strategy is to win even in Texas.

And none of that makes a damned bit of difference to the TRUTH as posted by ArneFufkin above!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:02 pm »

Oh, so now I'm rabid? Well, I guess that's better than being called a Trumpeteer.

Tell me, are Cruz supporters rabid people, or are they, in your esteemed estimation, just Cruz supporters?

Take your time. I don't really need an answer. I know the answer.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »
Oh, so now I'm rabid? Well, I guess that's better than being called a Trumpeteer.

Tell me, are Cruz supporters rabid people, or are they, in your esteemed estimation, just Cruz supporters?

Take your time. I don't really need an answer. I know the answer.

They are people who refuse to allow emotion to overrule their good sense!

- J. R. R. Tolkien