Author Topic: Cruz to tea party supporters: Don't get 'burned' by fake conservatives  (Read 6339 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Cruz to tea party supporters: Don't get 'burned' by fake conservatives
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2016, 05:31:12 pm »
Yep. 

My (mostly rhetorical) questions got ignored: "If I want to go set up a superPAC and support, say Rand Paul, do I have to get Paul's permission to do so?  Do I even have to tell Paul that I am setting up a superPAC, ostensibly for his support?  Just wondering."
No you do not need "permission" from any candidate to have a PAC, and to support candidates and issues of your choice.

In fact you can NOT have contact with individual candidates.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »
I still find it amusing that Trump supporters are arduously trying to besmirch Cruz' conservative bona fides...... 

Can we say, confused??   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2016, 05:34:55 pm »
I still find it amusing that Trump supporters are arduously trying to besmirch Cruz' conservative bona fides...... 

Meh - all's fair in love, war, and primaries.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2016, 05:37:05 pm »

At this point, I find it very sad, especially when comments out of Trump's own mouth indicate he's a liberal and his supporters don't seem to get it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:14 pm »
No you do not need "permission" from any candidate to have a PAC, and to support candidates and issues of your choice.

In fact you can NOT have contact with individual candidates.

Thanks, Truthseeker.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:29 pm »
At this point, I find it very sad, especially when comments out of Trump's own mouth indicate he's a liberal and his supporters don't seem to get it.
Maybe this deserves its own thread then:  Trump defends Planned Parenthood.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longiron

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »
I find it quite amusing that supporters of the least conservative candidate running for President as a Republican in our lifetime; the one who has supported leftist policies that we all despise as recently as 2015, are now trying to prove that Cruz isn't really a conservative.

The irony is dripping off the page......   

Yeah........... let's vote for a Democrat because Cruz isn't 'who he says he is.'

Oy...........

Wrong AGAIN!

:shrug:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-polling/index.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 06:57:32 pm »

I think it does, Mountaineer.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »

We have had threads here listing all the Liberal (sometime Very Liberal) positions Trump has, and we don't have to go back any further than this last year to find some. They don't care, they really don't.     Every crazy thing he has uttered like the most recent  "I could shoot somebody on 5th Ave", has been posted in headlines here.    Again, they don't care.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2016, 07:30:28 pm »
We have had threads here listing all the Liberal (sometime Very Liberal) positions Trump has, and we don't have to go back any further than this last year to find some. They don't care, they really don't.     Every crazy thing he has uttered like the most recent  "I could shoot somebody on 5th Ave", has been posted in headlines here.    Again, they don't care.

You're right. We don't care. We used to care about electing conservatives. But some of us learned not to get fooled again. We learned that "conservative" is a Chamaeleon word used by our feckless politicians to get elected. I know this because of the last 40 years of my life we sent them to Washington and they did Jack. --except for Ronald Ragan. He accomplished some big conservative things. I don't need to list them here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:31:34 pm by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 07:50:34 pm »

That's what amazes me, libertybele............. his supporters don't listen to HIM.

It's bizarre, IMO.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 08:05:55 pm »
You're right. We don't care. We used to care about electing conservatives. But some of us learned not to get fooled again.

So nihilism it is.  Trump supporters sure are chugging the kool-aid these days.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 08:30:51 pm »
So nihilism it is.  Trump supporters sure are chugging the kool-aid these days.     
Calling others nihilists and chugging kool-aid?

That reinforces what others including Trump, say about (you and) your candidate.

Nobody likes. Can't get along.

You might look at Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People," however somehow I don't expect to find such literature or philosophies high on the Cruz supporters' lists.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »
You're right. We don't care. We used to care about electing conservatives. But some of us learned not to get fooled again. We learned that "conservative" is a Chamaeleon word used by our feckless politicians to get elected. I know this because of the last 40 years of my life we sent them to Washington and they did Jack. --except for Ronald Ragan. He accomplished some big conservative things. I don't need to list them here.

======================================

He said, she said, he said, she said.

What was Laura Bush's real (conservative) position about abortion and gay marriage?  Dick Cheney's?  Start from somewhere around there when we first started smelling the awful $hit sandwiches the 'Conservative Republicans' were trying to feed us.

Some people just love eating $hit sandwiches, and will even pay big money for it and work way into the hours of the night to get just one more ... $hit sandwich.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2016, 08:43:23 pm »

That reinforces what others including Trump, say about (you and) your candidate.

You might look at Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People," however somehow I don't expect to find such literature or philosophies high on the Cruz supporters' lists.

The worst thing I called Ted Cruz is a lawyer! And his supporters "people who allow themselves to be manipulated by the political establishment."

That's it! That's the worst of it.

But I, on the other hand, have been called everything nasty under the sun. But, I put up with it because I know it's election season. Plus I'm confident in my candidates ability to win.

Not only is Trump winning in the poles, but he's on a glide path for winning the nomination and the general election.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2016, 08:52:00 pm »
Yep. 

My (mostly rhetorical) questions got ignored: "If I want to go set up a superPAC and support, say Rand Paul, do I have to get Paul's permission to do so?  Do I even have to tell Paul that I am setting up a superPAC, ostensibly for his support?  Just wondering."

Oops! Sorry! I thought your question had already been answered by someone else.

The answer to your question is that the law says you may not coordinate such activities with the candidate in any way.  My interpretation of that is NO communication with the candidate what-so-ever.

However since we have now assumed banana republic status here I'm not sure the law matters!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:41 pm »

I'm not a Cruz supporter, TS.   But c'mon,  AC says he just doesn't care what Trump says, and Trump says he could shoot someone on the street in the middle of NYC and he wouldn't lose his supporters.   Trump supporters are an odd breed, to put it mildly - they are willfully uncritical, and Trump knows and celebrates it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 09:14:43 pm »
I'm not a Cruz supporter, TS.   But c'mon,  AC says he just doesn't care what Trump says, and Trump says he could shoot someone on the street in the middle of NYC and he wouldn't lose his supporters.   Trump supporters are an odd breed, to put it mildly - they are willfully uncritical, and Trump knows and celebrates it.

Now they are "an odd breed." Just cannot stop yourself, can't zip it for a thoughtful moment?

I believe Cruz is too far to the right to be elected. I believe he holds several very unpopular positions.

I have not made a pick. My primary is in June. All of the nasty back and forth is entertaining for awhile, then boring, boring, boring.

BTW I don't like politicians as a group. Most have been sucking the taxpayer teat most of their adult lives. Cruz has. Trump has not.

People that make that distinction are hardly an "odd breed." They are actually the heart of what was once a pretty solid conservative movement.

But it is no longer solid, with clowns like Beck on the main stage, tears and all.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:26 pm »
Oops! Sorry! I thought your question had already been answered by someone else.

The answer to your question is that the law says you may not coordinate such activities with the candidate in any way.  My interpretation of that is NO communication with the candidate what-so-ever.

However since we have now assumed banana republic status here I'm not sure the law matters!

Exactly!  So, if I wanted to set up a PAC for Bernie Sanders ( **nononono*), I could do that.  And, if I wanted to use that PAC to attack Mrs. Clinton, Jeb Bush, whomever, I could do that.  How does that make Bernie responsible?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 09:17:45 pm »

"willfully uncritical".   That's an excellent way to describe it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2016, 09:28:01 pm »
Exactly!  So, if I wanted to set up a PAC for Bernie Sanders ( **nononono*), I could do that.  And, if I wanted to use that PAC to attack Mrs. Clinton, Jeb Bush, whomever, I could do that.  How does that make Bernie responsible?

I understood where you were going from the very beginning.  But we are wasting our time because the bottom line is THEY DON'T CARE!  Have admitted to that in fact!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »
I understood where you were going from the very beginning.  But we are wasting our time because the bottom line is THEY DON'T CARE!  Have admitted to that in fact!

I know you did, Bigun.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2016, 09:34:17 pm »
I know you did, Bigun.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”

Thomas Paine

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2016, 09:34:44 pm »

Here's some terms, "wishful thinkers" or "people in denial."  Those phrases too could be used to describe the angst certain groups of supporters of other candidates not in the lead are feeling 6 days out from the Iowa caucuses.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »
Here's some terms, "wishful thinkers" or "people in denial."  Those phrases too could be used to describe the angst certain groups of supporters of other candidates not in the lead are feeling 6 days out from the Iowa caucuses.

Or, not.