Author Topic: Glenn Beck Administers ‘Presidential Oath of Office’ to Ted Cruz In Iowa  (Read 5301 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Glenn Beck Administers ‘Presidential Oath of Office’ to Ted Cruz In Iowa

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/23/glenn-beck-administers-presidential-oath-of-office-to-ted-cruz-in-iowa/

by Matthew Boyle23 Jan 2016ANKENY, Iowa ANKENY, Iowa

Media personality Glenn Beck administered a mock presidential “oath of office” to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
 as he endorsed him on stage—and Cruz got the oath wrong when he took it.
“What is the oath of office that you have to take?” Beck asked Cruz after the Texas Senator joined him on stage after Beck’s more-than-half-hour-long speech endorsing Cruz.

“What—what?” Cruz replied.

“Dear God, if you don’t know this, everything else—“ Beck joked. “When you raise your right hand, what are you going to say?”

“I pledge to honor and defend the Constitution of the United States of America,” Cruz replied.

Technically speaking, that’s not the oath of office for the president of the United States.

The oath of office for the president of the United States is actually spelled out quite clearly in the U.S. Constitution, specifically Article II, Section 1, Clause 8. That part of the Constitution reads in full: “Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—’I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’”

That means Cruz saying the oath of office he’d take is—“I pledge to honor and defend the Constitution of the United States of America”—is not correct.

The oath of office Cruz would take if elected President is: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Constitutional scholar has media clown administer "mock" Oath of Office, and gets it wrong. Ha Ha

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Really?  Give me a break, Breitbart.  Cruz understood and regurgitated the essence of the oath.  Would Trump or any other candidate be able to recite it word for word?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Trump was on Judge Jeanine's show tonight...now he and Cruz are saying nice things, well maybe I should call it a detente, again.  Guess we need a scorecard or a Game of Thrones abacus or something.  Other takeaway was he was fully supporting Bloomberg's little trial balloon - thought he should get in the race.  That's not a hard one to see...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline katzenjammer

Really?  Give me a break, Breitbart.  Cruz understood and regurgitated the essence of the oath.  Would Trump or any other candidate be able to recite it word for word?

For any other candidate I would agree, Vic, but we are told over and over that Ted Cruz has memorized the US Constitution since he was a teenager.  So, it does seem a bit strange.   :shrug:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/23/Ted-Cruz-20-Things-You-Didn-t-Know-About-Him

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
For any other candidate I would agree, Vic, but we are told over and over that Ted Cruz has memorized the US Constitution since he was a teenager.  So, it does seem a bit strange.   :shrug:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/23/Ted-Cruz-20-Things-You-Didn-t-Know-About-Him

Or the situation was just a bit creepy. Beck going off about Cruz being the next George Washington in the same appearance also seemed to make him uncomfortable. I don't like any apostatizing of politicians, even the ones I like (especially so).  It gives undue power to centralized authority and lets the individual become apathetic as they have their own person 'from the government who is here to help'.  Cults of personalities in politics is especially dangerous.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I knew he should never have invited Beck AND let him talk!  I'll say it again, the guy is nuts!  I bet Cruz is starting to regret it too. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I knew he should never have invited Beck AND let him talk!  I'll say it again, the guy is nuts!  I bet Cruz is starting to regret it too.

If Cruz is not getting the negative feedback from Free Republic, and similar sites, he is out of touch.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

What's the big deal. Every president-elect who's ever taken the oath had the Chief Justice prompt the words to repeat. This is kind of dumb. It's given more importance than it deserves because it's political season. Lord knows I see it aimed at Trump all. the. time.

Offline ABX

The thing is Beck's media company is starting to really take off. He isn't just relegated to an app on Roku boxes. He picked up Dish Network, just got on Verizon FIOS, and rumor has it, he is in negotiations for filling the slot currently taken by Al Jazeera on DirecTV when they shut down.

I just really don't get Beck. He seems to be very bipolar. Sometimes, he is very rational and quiet suggesting logical solutions and individual responsibility, other times, he is off the rails crying and bordering on Alex Jones level conspiracy mongering.  When he discusses the founding fathers and the Constitution, he is great. When he gets into buying gold and stocking up on food, he goes off.  He is the only host I know of that actually has read and discusses the founders diaries to get the deeper meaning behind what they wanted. Heck, most other hosts don't even go into The Federalist Papers.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Beck is an idiot.

Cruz was correct to paraphrase the oath - it is a specific oath to be used in ONE circumstance only. Not for entertainment purposes. Everyone knows that, even the idiots that run Hollywood.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The thing is Beck's media company is starting to really take off. He isn't just relegated to an app on Roku boxes. He picked up Dish Network, just got on Verizon FIOS, and rumor has it, he is in negotiations for filling the slot currently taken by Al Jazeera on DirecTV when they shut down.

I just really don't get Beck. He seems to be very bipolar. Sometimes, he is very rational and quiet suggesting logical solutions and individual responsibility, other times, he is off the rails crying and bordering on Alex Jones level conspiracy mongering.  When he discusses the founding fathers and the Constitution, he is great. When he gets into buying gold and stocking up on food, he goes off.  He is the only host I know of that actually has read and discusses the founders diaries to get the deeper meaning behind what they wanted. Heck, most other hosts don't even go into The Federalist Papers.

I agree.  At times he can be downright bizarre.  One thing he does that I absolutely cannot stand is moron trivia.  I find it classless and lowbrow in the extreme.  I change the station as soon as that starts.

Offline alicewonders

I agree.  At times he can be downright bizarre.  One thing he does that I absolutely cannot stand is moron trivia.  I find it classless and lowbrow in the extreme.  I change the station as soon as that starts.

Me too!  I find that extremely offensive and it shows a mean side of Beck and his other two stooges - Pat and Spew.

HAPPY2BME

Glenn Beck Administers ‘Presidential Oath of Office’ to Ted Cruz In Iowa
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 02:29:04 pm »

ANKENY, Iowa — Media personality Glenn Beck administered a mock presidential “oath of office” to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) as he endorsed him on stage—and Cruz got the oath wrong when he took it.

“What is the oath of office that you have to take?” Beck asked Cruz after the Texas Senator joined him on stage after Beck’s more-than-half-hour-long speech endorsing Cruz.

“What—what?” Cruz replied.

“Dear God, if you don’t know this, everything else—“ Beck joked. “When you raise your right hand, what are you going to say?”

“I pledge to honor and defend the Constitution of the United States of America,” Cruz replied.

Technically speaking, that’s not the oath of office for the president of the United States.

The oath of office for the president of the United States is actually spelled out quite clearly in the U.S. Constitution, specifically Article II, Section 1, Clause 8. That part of the Constitution reads in full: “Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—’I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’”

That means Cruz saying the oath of office he’d take is—“I pledge to honor and defend the Constitution of the United States of America”—is not correct.

The oath of office Cruz would take if elected President is: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/23/glenn-beck-administers-presidential-oath-of-office-to-ted-cruz-in-iowa/

HAPPY2BME

Who's the 'showman' now?

Cruz/Beck 2016.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m692Tqbnbxo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:31:02 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm going out on  limb here, but I predict Beck's campaigning with Cruz days are coming to an end.  ^-^

Offline aligncare

This is a repeat from an article posted yesterday.

It's very annoying to have repeated threads on the same article.

If you're going to post an article, check to see if it has already been posted.

HAPPY2BME

Glenn Beck Calls Trump Spox a ‘Leftist Radical’ After Once Calling Her a ‘Fearless Principled Conservative’

Talk radio host Glenn Beck wrote a blistering denunciation of GOP frontrunner Donald Trump’s campaign spokesperson Katrina Pierson, calling her “a hard core leftist.” However, two years ago Beck called Pierson a “fearless principled conservative” when she was running for Congress and enjoyed the support of Texas senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), whose presidential campaign Beck endorsed today in Iowa.

Beck posted the following to his Facebook page, which included a link to this article on Pierson.

St. Louis Tea Party cofounder Bill Hennessy posted the following to his website (emphasis in the original):

I agree with Ted Cruz.

Senator Cruz said, “Katrina Pierson is an utterly fearless principled conservative.”

That was just two years ago. Katrina Pierson was challenging Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) for Congress.

I also agree with Ted’s dad, Rafael Cruz, who said of Katrina, “She’s a strict constitutionalist. She’s a strong conservative and she wants to do what’s right.”

I also agree with Glenn Beck who introduced his radio audience to Katrina this way:

“Katrina Pierson is running against Congressman Pete Sessions here in Texas… To call Pete a massive disappointment is a massive understatement. And you should get to know Katrina. Ted Cruz, who doesn’t throw these things around lightly, called her an utterly fearless principled conservative, which I think is about the highest praise you could get from Ted Cruz.” (Source: glennbeck.com)

[…]

Today, a conservative blogger pieced together snippets of some of Katrina’s past statements–some of which apparently from a fake twitter account–to build a case that Katrina is actually a radical leftist.  In elections, even good people often lose their minds.

But Glenn Beck took to Facebook to pile on Katrina. Without bothering to check the validity or context of the piece, he labelled Pierson “dangerous.” And that’s a shame, because Glenn once had something to offer. Like when he gave Katrina a platform in her 2014 race against the “disappointing” Pete Sessions.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/23/2846855/

Offline aligncare

I'm beginning to hate the word "conservative" as it is used by some, those folks who use the word either as a bludgeon or a shield or as a vehicle for deception.

I'm tired of this ideological argument. It gets us nowhere. We watch as the country goes down the drain, and yet we're mired in the same quicksand we've been in for the last 30 years, arguing ideology and getting nothing done.

Offline aligncare

That Glenn Beck is a real piece of work...

Offline alicewonders

Glenn Beck picks and chooses among the truth and lies to suit his purposes when attacking Donald Trump.  For a person always preaching "honor" and "integrity" - and "all we want is love" - this is despicable to me. 

One wonders about all that money that his crony David Barton runs through his Ted Cruz PAC.........

HAPPY2BME

I'm beginning to hate the word "conservative" as it is used by some, those folks who use the word either as a bludgeon or a shield or as a vehicle for deception.

I'm tired of this ideological argument. It gets us nowhere. We watch as the country goes down the drain, and yet we're mired in the same quicksand we've been in for the last 30 years, arguing ideology and getting nothing done.

=====================================

Abortion and homosexuality come up every four years on the GOP campaign banners.  Now it is the GOP who is identical to the DNC in support of both gay rights and abortion.  Paul Ryan DID sign off on funding PLANNED PARENTHOOD, did he not?  Laura Bush did endorse both gay marriage and abortion, did she not?  What about John McCain's daughter and her gay rights campaign?  Ditto Dick Cheney.

All that is left of the 'Conservative' within the GOP are 'Fiscal' conservatives, and the money part of this is outsourcing it to either China or another country Americans are funding and wondering why they can't get a job.

NEWS:  There are no longer conservatives.  There are many deceived people who still think they are.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:14:32 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

That Glenn Beck is a real piece of work...

================================

Beck has been right about some things. Why did Fox News fire him?  Who did he speak out against that didn't go with their programming?

Beck is in it for the $$, don't fool yourself.  Whichever way the wind blows.

Offline alicewonders

The word conservative means nothing now.  Everyone and his brother calls himself that when he running for office or has his hand out for money. 

Right now, I'm more concerned with who is going to stop the invasion of my country before we start seeing it here on European levels. 

I'm more concerned with who is going to stand up and unabashedly fight the insidious practice of political correctness that is killing people all over the globe.

Donald Trump is really my last hope of electing a president that will do those things.  Ted Cruz was on that list, but I hate to keep saying it - I have to question his judgment in having any kind of political relationship with Glenn Beck - especially to ask the man to come to a political rally and invite him to speak on stage with him!  Political suicide!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

Completely agree. He is trying to be a morning shock jock at times. The sad part is Moran(sic) trivia comes on right at my commute time so instead of getting his good Constitution stuff, I get to hear Howard Stern without the boobs.