Author Topic: Glenn Beck Administers ‘Presidential Oath of Office’ to Ted Cruz In Iowa  (Read 5300 times)

Offline katzenjammer

I am glad that there is one thing that almost all here can agree upon (rare these days!), and that is that the Moron Trivia is an abomination! 

I would have to say, that if another national host was doing a segment like that, Glenn and crew would be screaming about how elitist, racist, mean, and "un-Christian" it is!  Go figure...   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

BECK PREFERS BERNIE SANDERS OVER TRUMP...

I didn't bother to read the article ... he has in the past said he would rather have Sanders over Clinton, because at least Bernie is honest about who he is and what he stands for...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

For any other candidate I would agree, Vic, but we are told over and over that Ted Cruz has memorized the US Constitution since he was a teenager.  So, it does seem a bit strange.   :shrug:

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/23/Ted-Cruz-20-Things-You-Didn-t-Know-About-Him

No it doesn't seem strange that Cruz didn't recite it ...he isn't 'entitled' to be making that oath...yet.  He has been elected as POTUS.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I didn't bother to read the article ... he has in the past said he would rather have Sanders over Clinton, because at least Bernie is honest about who he is and what he stands for...
This clown Beck, is the person your guy Cruz decided would be helpful in his final push in Iowa.

Your guy Cruz R- Alberta, has the worst political judgment I can imagine. (Cruz' campaign manager Jeff "Roe "helped" Rick Perry and Richard Mourdock in 2012)

Apparently both Cruz, Beck and Roe have their heads out of the sunshine, and don't realize what laughingstocks they have both become in less than 72 hours.

How can somebody run the country when they can't run a campaign?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

I knew he should never have invited Beck AND let him talk!  I'll say it again, the guy is nuts!  I bet Cruz is starting to regret it too.

Cruz sugar daddy and 11 Million dollar donor ROBERT MERCER is why CRUZ is mixed up with BECK. If TC did his homework before taking the money and said NO BECK if might have made a difference. By the way MERCER is in 6-10 BILLION to the IRS because of his hedge fund called Rennisance. He paid 12% tax rate and also made the Super Pac of CRUZ Keeping the Promise give Carly 500K to get in the race. MERCER feels that investing 100 M in Cruz or CARLY hedges hit bet that big either get elected that 6-10 BILLION goes away or gets reduced somehow to something much smaller like 1 M. CRUZ is probably kicking himself in the back side now being involved with BECK, The pressure from BECK and MERCER has TC passing out teddy bears and soccer balls welcoming the illegal immigrants into TX last spring at a BECK event. I take the NO DONOR guy any day.  :patriot:

Offline aligncare

This clown Beck, is the person your guy Cruz decided would be helpful in his final push in Iowa.

Your guy Cruz R- Alberta, has the worst political judgment I can imagine. (Cruz' campaign manager Jeff "Roe "helped" Rick Perry and Richard Mourdock in 2012)

Apparently both Cruz, Beck and Roe have their heads out of the sunshine, and don't realize what laughingstocks they have both become in less than 72 hours.

How can somebody run the country when they can't run a campaign?

:pondering:

The closer we get to Iowa caucuses the more soured I am on Cruz.

Speaking in hindsight, the first candidate most exciting to me was Rick Walker. Then came Carly Fiorina. Next was Ted Cruz and Donald Trump. However, looking at events dispassionately, it appears Donald Trump will be the last man standing (barring unforeseen events).

Offline flowers

I feel the same way. 

Offline libertybele

Speaking in hindsight, the first candidate most exciting to me was Rick Walker. Then came Carly Fiorina. Next was Ted Cruz and Donald Trump. However, looking at events dispassionately, it appears Donald Trump will be the last man standing (barring unforeseen events).

The closer we get to the Iowa caucus the more disgusted I am by Trump.  Rick Walker as in Scott Walker's brother??   :silly:  (just messin' with you AC, nothing personal).

Offline aligncare

Cruz sugar daddy and 11 Million dollar donor ROBERT MERCER is why CRUZ is mixed up with BECK. If TC did his homework before taking the money and said NO BECK if might have made a difference. By the way MERCER is in 6-10 BILLION to the IRS because of his hedge fund called Rennisance. He paid 12% tax rate and also made the Super Pac of CRUZ Keeping the Promise give Carly 500K to get in the race. MERCER feels that investing 100 M in Cruz or CARLY hedges hit bet that big either get elected that 6-10 BILLION goes away or gets reduced somehow to something much smaller like 1 M. CRUZ is probably kicking himself in the back side now being involved with BECK, The pressure from BECK and MERCER has TC passing out teddy bears and soccer balls welcoming the illegal immigrants into TX last spring at a BECK event. I take the NO DONOR guy any day.  :patriot:

By the way, Donald Trump said he wants to do away with that hedge fund manager loophole, where they get to pay only 12% tax rate off their "investments" – even though it's really their income.

So, as an S Corp. myself, my company pays corporate tax rates around 35% and then as an employee of my company I get to pay a personal income tax on top of that.

While hedge fund guys -- like Warren Buffett and Mercer--lovin' their loophole--are expected to pay only 12% on their millions!

American tax system! God I love it!

(for those new to TBR and to aligncare, yes. That's sarcasm)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
By the way, Donald Trump said he wants to do away with that hedge fund manager loophole, where they get to pay only 12% tax rate off their "investments" – even though it's really their income.

So, as an S Corp. myself, my company pays corporate tax rates around 35% and then as an employee of my company I get to pay a personal income tax on top of that.

While hedge fund guys -- like Warren Buffett and Mercer--lovin' their loophole--are expected to pay only 12% on their millions!

Read my byline!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

In general, I think most conservatives and patriots regard all taxes as onerous to some degree, and in the interest of starving the beast the best approach to addressing inequities is to reduce government spending and lower the taxes on those who are paying too much, as opposed to raising taxes on those who are not paying as much.  I hate to see the GOP embrace class envy as a political paradigm for winning elections, effective as it may be.

Offline aligncare

In general, I think most conservatives and patriots regard all taxes as onerous to some degree, and in the interest of starving the beast the best approach to addressing inequities is to reduce government spending and lower the taxes on those who are paying too much, as opposed to raising taxes on those who are not paying as much.  I hate to see the GOP embrace class envy as a political paradigm for winning elections, effective as it may be.

Patent unfairness is what we're identifying, not class envy.

With the thousands of pages in tax code you'd think we could identify what is investment and what is income.

Hedge fund managers are reporting tons of dividends, but no income. Hmm. How do they manage to live with no income? Because it's a patently unfair loophole that allows Warren Buffett to declare income of $50,000 on his taxes, but is flush with millions of disposable dollars in investment income on which he pays only 12%! That's bogus and everyone knows it.

Offline aligncare

The closer we get to the Iowa caucus the more disgusted I am by Trump.  Rick Walker as in Scott Walker's brother??   :silly:  (just messin' with you AC, nothing personal).

I never could get those two names straight. And, even after this correction, I'll probably still get it wrong!

but, thanks, liberty, for pointing out my mistakes in front of a room full of people.  :bolt:

:beer: