Author Topic: Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race  (Read 3768 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:14:48 am »
eb Bush based on the best case scenario is floundering like a fish out of water.  Trying his best to make it back into the pond with the big fish (Trump, Cruz and Rubio) but unable to even get back near the shore.  In fact he is set to hit the grill.

Home » Latest » Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race
Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race

Jeb Bush based on the best case scenario is floundering like a fish out of water.  Trying his best to make it back into the pond with the big fish (Trump, Cruz and Rubio) but unable to even get back near the shore.  In fact he is set to hit the grill.

jebbush

According to an upper level campaign insider if bush fails to place in the top three in both Iowa and New Hampshire, his largest donors have let him know they will be moving on to greener pastures.  Current Iowa polls show him having no chance of placing in the top three in Iowa which if his large campaign donors stick to their uns will end his campaign.  According to ElectLeaders.com polling Jeb comes of as Entitled,  Arrogant, Low Energy, Insider, with all of those obtaining over 40% in our poll.

Here is the latest poll we have done completed 01/13/2016 at 8 PM has him in 6th place trailing even Rand Paul who was not invited to the big kids table for the Fox News Debate.  Hopefully this truly turns out the light on this poor campaign full of entitlement.

Iowa Polling Averages

Donald Trump: 31.7%
    Ted Cruz: 28.7%
    Marco Rubio: 13.4%
    Ben Carson: 9.1%
    Rand Paul: 5.3%
    Jeb Bush: 3.1%

http://electleaders.com/2016/01/campaign-insider-bush-set-to-withdraw-from-presidential-race/

Offline Longiron

Re: Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
FOX and the polls controlled by the RINOGOPe skewed his numbers so he would make the debates. RUSH said the donors are just waiting for the WORD to jump ship what ever that word is?

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »
Poor Jebbie.....
This is the craziest party that could ever be
Don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't want to see
Moma told Jeb not to run.
Mama told me not to come
That ain't the way to have fun, no.......

:amen:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »
If true, it is about time.

:thumbsup3:

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 11:06:20 pm »
I wonder what all the money his superPAC raised will now be used for?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »

He's not going to pull out until he's spent all that.  He has a lot of advisers and people that need to get their cut.

Looks like he could pull off being in third place in NH - so he may not be leaving so quickly.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 12:05:05 am »

I don't know if the money can be refunded or not. The donors probably already claimed the deduction on their fourth quarter taxes, so maybe not. Maybe it goes to the RNC? I don't know.

I hope he does drop out. It embarrasses me, to watch him try to campaign. It is past pathetic at this point. It has become embarrassing.

He has zero charisma. He is not the guy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 12:28:29 am »
Not tax deductible.  He can pay bills,  but I don't know what a campaign is permitted to do with "leftover" funds.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 12:45:26 am »
What a waste.  $100 million that could have been used to win in the Fall now down the tubes.  Buh.bye Jeb.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 01:06:21 am »
I don't see any other signs other than this article that Jeb is withdrawing....in fact McCain is going to endorse in the next few days
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 01:14:38 am »
I hope it's true.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 01:15:37 am »
I don't know why most of the Republican candidates stay in. I don't know what they are getting out of it. There must be some kind of monetary gain by staying in, otherwise they would go.

The score is 70 to 3 going into the 9th inning, and you are the last place team, how on Earth could you say, Come on guys! We can still win this!

I don't understand. There must be something in it for them, somehow.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 03:05:43 am »
I don't know why most of the Republican candidates stay in. I don't know what they are getting out of it. There must be some kind of monetary gain by staying in, otherwise they would go.

The score is 70 to 3 going into the 9th inning, and you are the last place team, how on Earth could you say, Come on guys! We can still win this!

It seems that unused funds can be returned; used on another candidate or goes to charity.  As far as benefits of running; name recognition.  They write books, do interviews, etc.  Examples - Gingrich and Palin. Participating in the public-speaking circuit has emerged as an especially profitable side benefit of running for President.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/newt-gingrich-win-make-money/story?id=13840722
http://www.marketplace.org/2015/09/14/elections/where-super-pac-money-goes-when-candidate-drops-out
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 03:41:02 am »

Running a campaign is a major money making enterprise. They will lease back their own property to the campaign (even their homes). They will charge rent time for their planes, cars, and offices. Also, when they 'self-fund' a campaign, they are really just giving loans to their campaign that have to be paid back with donations (otherwise they'll go over campaign finance law restrictions on donations themselves).  For example, if Bush loaned $25 Million of his own money to his campaign, that loan is paid back to Bush, with the interest. Often, debts incurred by a campaign go unpaid (marketing, merchandise, payroll, etc), and they will then raise more money or ask for more to pay them... I'm sure many kicking back to the candidate.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 04:54:23 am »
Running a campaign is a major money making enterprise. They will lease back their own property to the campaign (even their homes). They will charge rent time for their planes, cars, and offices. Also, when they 'self-fund' a campaign, they are really just giving loans to their campaign that have to be paid back with donations (otherwise they'll go over campaign finance law restrictions on donations themselves).  For example, if Bush loaned $25 Million of his own money to his campaign, that loan is paid back to Bush, with the interest. Often, debts incurred by a campaign go unpaid (marketing, merchandise, payroll, etc), and they will then raise more money or ask for more to pay them... I'm sure many kicking back to the candidate.

That was my intuitive guess from the beginning. In one way or another, by some circuitous path, those unused 'donations' are going wind up somehow in the candidates personal checking account. There is no other explanation for what they are doing.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 05:23:44 am »
Politicians are like those hogs they use in France to smell truffles in the ground with their big old snouts - but it's money they can smell.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:21 am »
Poor Jeb.

Trump got him.

Got him good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:58 am »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 02:51:06 am »
I know where some of the money is going.

Not 30 minutes ago there was a Bush campaign ad, against Marco Rubio in the huge Lost Angeles TV market.

Huge equals costly. Burns a lot of the money. Rove gets commissions on money spent.

Calif Primary is June. Burn it up, to get maximum commissions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 02:57:02 am »
I don't see any other signs other than this article that Jeb is withdrawing....in fact McCain is going to endorse in the next few days

That made me burst out in laughter.  Thanks you, myst!  I'm sure it's true, but the establishment GOP just doesn't get it, do they?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 03:05:58 am »

I can't help but wonder if Trump hadn't decided to get in the race where Jeb Exclamation Point would be now?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 03:10:38 am »
I can't help but wonder if Trump hadn't decided to get in the race where Jeb Exclamation Point would be now?
I do wonder that myself. It's not like Jeb! ever really caught on, but would he have been able to hold onto his frontrunner status without Trump raising a ruckus in his biggest weakness?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 03:11:20 am »
It seems that unused funds can be returned; used on another candidate or goes to charity.  As far as benefits of running; name recognition.  They write books, do interviews, etc.  Examples - Gingrich and Palin. Participating in the public-speaking circuit has emerged as an especially profitable side benefit of running for President.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/newt-gingrich-win-make-money/story?id=13840722
http://www.marketplace.org/2015/09/14/elections/where-super-pac-money-goes-when-candidate-drops-out

The interesting thing about Palin is that she has this high profile and credibility with some on the right without ever actually running as a candidate for President.  That's pretty impressive, even though she's not exactly my cup of tea after her unfair attacks on Rick Perry and his connection to Gardisil. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 03:13:02 am »

Trump peed in the establishment's punch bowl.  Even without Trump - I still don't see that Jeb would have gone anywhere - a huge part of it is simply the Bush name.  It just sucks to be Jeb.

Offline ABX

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:44 am »
You are right, with Jeb, it is all about the name and connections. Frankly, he isn't very likable. W was likable and came across as strong. Papa Bush not only had the connections and experience, he seemed solid and reliable. With Jeb, he seemed to be a coat tail rider who doesn't really have any major positive, unique attributes that make him stand apart. Hell, Barbara Bush would probably have had better success running.