Author Topic: Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race  (Read 3767 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Campaign Insider: Bush Set To Withdraw From Presidential Race
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 03:25:16 am »
You are right, with Jeb, it is all about the name and connections. Frankly, he isn't very likable. W was likable and came across as strong. Papa Bush not only had the connections and experience, he seemed solid and reliable. With Jeb, he seemed to be a coat tail rider who doesn't really have any major positive, unique attributes that make him stand apart. Hell, Barbara Bush would probably have had better success running.

Not probably......... Barbara definitely would have had better success.

Jeb is............ among other failings.................... a dud.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 03:26:01 am »
Trump peed in the establishment's punch bowl.  Even without Trump - I still don't see that Jeb would have gone anywhere - a huge part of it is simply the Bush name.  It just sucks to be Jeb.

I think Cruz would be at 45% with no Trump, but of course that is just my biased speculation. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 03:29:54 am »
I think Cruz would be at 45% with no Trump, but of course that is just my biased speculation.

You could be right.  He would certainly have garnered many of Trump's supporters.  I still don't know that he has the crossover vote value of Trump.

IF......the biggest little two letter word. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:24 am »
I can't help but wonder if Trump hadn't decided to get in the race where Jeb Exclamation Point would be now?

Interesting question.  Trump was able to tap into the non-establishment electorate and I believe in doing so he also entertained the media enough that they turned their focus to him allowing the other candidates to gain some momentum without being attacked.  I think Trump's main target in the beginning was Bush and he easily knocked the wind out of Bush's sails and Rubio gladly slipped into his place. Carson and Fiorina gave him little opposition. The wild card candidate in all of this is Cruz; no one (including Trump) ever expected him to gain the momentum he has.  Whether or not he has enough momentum to prevent Trump from taking Iowa or New Hampshire is yet to be seen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 03:53:29 am »
I know where some of the money is going.

Not 30 minutes ago there was a Bush campaign ad, against Marco Rubio in the huge Lost Angeles TV market.

Huge equals costly. Burns a lot of the money. Rove gets commissions on money spent.

Calif Primary is June. Burn it up, to get maximum commissions.

They've been running them down here for months now.  Sometimes 4 or 5 of the same commercial within a one hour program.  The first couple from Right to Rise were stunningly awful, they made Jeb! look so stilted and wooden.

(I'll say it again though, I wouldn't count Jeb! out until he suspends the campaign and endorses another.  I think the reports of his 'death' are still a bit pre-mature.)

Offline flowers

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:55 pm »
I don't see any other signs other than this article that Jeb is withdrawing....in fact McCain is going to endorse in the next few days
Agree......no way Mclame would ever have it put out if yeb was going away. He isn't.