Author Topic: Marco Rubio Wins GOP Debate For His 2nd Amendment Answer Alone  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Marco Rubio Wins GOP Debate For His 2nd Amendment Answer Alone
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
Very nicely put. I too am a many decades long GOP voting conservative who is baffled at the support Trump is receiving.

It's utter frustration with the current set up in Washington! The Republican leadership brought it on all by themselves! And I am NOT a Trump supporter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 04:18:16 pm »
Rubio is exactly, totally and absolutely correct in his remarks.  Further, he was correct in going after Obama.  He, and what he represents, is the threat. Read: Hillary/Bernie/Left.  Period.

The author was correct in highlighting these remarks.  However, I stopped reading when I hit the term "RINO" since it has become so absolutely meaningless and so completely absent thought.  There is not a candidate who has not been referenced in such a way.  None.

So, I decided to read the commentary after some time in not doing so.  Ground Hog Day commentary.  Just more of the same old, tired tripe and personal darts.  Original thought and honest debate over issues or policies or records yield to snark. Repetitive, unoriginal snark.  I haven't missed a thing.

Best.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:18:47 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 04:49:39 pm »
Very nicely put. I too am a many decades long GOP voting conservative who is baffled at the support Trump is receiving.

And those of us who spent our whole life in the GOP are baflled by this hyper emotional, irrational response to Trump by so called "Conservatives"

Offline Longiron

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 04:52:23 pm »
Agreed, rangerrebow,  Rubio's answer was thoughtful, grounded in the Constitution, and reasonable.   

So what's that you say, Longiron, about Trump's birthers now going after Rubio, too?   Is that all Trump's got -  threats to let out the lawyers?   It amazes me how so many of the "grass roots" types have been suckered by this uber-priviliged, draft-dodging billionaire who's grown up in a world of lawyers, litigation and winking at mobsters.   

Realize this is HARD for some to understand. TRUMP just asked the question? He never attacked him and last night just said he was born in the US and CRUZ born in Canada. I know you don't get that but that is FACT. CRUZ stepped into it and PO the country off with the NYC comment and was Trumped. But the stupid grass roots, the peasants as you call them are really stupid but call them anything you want because they are going to elect TRUMP the next POTUS. NOW when the dust settles and CRUZ is found eligible the question will go away and if lucky will be TRUMP's VP
 :patriot:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/14/report-rubio-fights-a-florida-lawsuit-claiming-he-has-a-birther-problem/

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »
The fact that one of the Bill of Rights was even brought up in a GOP debate shows how liberally biased CNN is.

It's a phony Dem/liberal issue that is designed solely to paint the GOP candidates as murderous savages.  I'm just glad birth control hasn't been brought up yet in the GOP debates.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »
And those of us who spent our whole life in the GOP are baflled by this hyper emotional, irrational response to Trump by so called "Conservatives"

What is weird is that I just assume everyone here has voted GOP for years.  I find it odd that someone would need to repeatedly share that information.  Do they think that everyone else recently found out about the GOP and are clueless about the party?

In poker we call that a tell.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 05:29:41 pm »
What is weird is that I just assume everyone here has voted GOP for years.  I find it odd that someone would need to repeatedly share that information.  Do they think that everyone else recently found out about the GOP and are clueless about the party?

In poker we call that a tell.

Well, when one is defamed without evidence on the open board, why do you respond with snark when the victim defends himself?   As I mentioned to you before,  if you're referring to me, then grow a pair and PM me.   I'm happy to give you more information about who I am - and I assume you'd  be willing to share the same about yourself.   Stop acting like a bully just because someone disagrees with you.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Carling

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:43 pm »
Well, when one is defamed without evidence on the open board, why do you respond with snark when the victim defends himself?   As I mentioned to you before,  if you're referring to me, then grow a pair and PM me.   I'm happy to give you more information about who I am - and I assume you'd  be willing to share the same about yourself.   Stop acting like a bully just because someone disagrees with you.

I'm commenting about what you posted.  I don't give a rip who you are, and accusing me of "bullying" is laughable given your constant personal insults toward anyone who doesn't have an extreme hatred of Trump.

From Day One you've been insulting longtime posters here, and you're going to whine about bullying?  Toughen up.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:40:23 pm by Carling »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 05:43:04 pm »

There we go. Standard Leftist tactics. Challenge on your emotional based hysteric rants, you accuse the respondent of "bullying you".

EXACTLY it is a OPEN board. If you want to post flaming rants at everyone, you should expect your targets to punch you back.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »
I'm commenting about what you posted.  I don't give a rip who you are, and accusing me of "bullying" is laughable given your constant personal insults toward anyone who doesn't have an extreme hatred of Trump.

From Day One you've been insulting longtime posters here, and you're going to whine about bullying?  Toughen up.

Ah yes, the anonymous bully.  You're as tough as tissue.   

Offline Carling

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »
Ah yes, the anonymous bully.  You're as tough as tissue.

Um, you're the one personally attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you.  If you don't want to be called out, stop acting like a child.  You were welcomed into this community and frankly have been treated with much more respect than you've given anyone.

You're out of control and even admit as such in this Rubio thread you derailed into yet another Trump Bashing thread.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:50:05 pm by Carling »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2016, 05:51:14 pm »

Just like others before you, if you are trying to influence people and get them to come around to your point of view - you are failing miserably.

But then, I don't think that's what you're trying to do.  Anyone would know that insulting people is not the way to sway. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »
The fact that one of the Bill of Rights was even brought up in a GOP debate shows how liberally biased CNN is.

It's a phony Dem/liberal issue that is designed solely to paint the GOP candidates as murderous savages.  I'm just glad birth control hasn't been brought up yet in the GOP debates.

=====================================

Who brought up the question (in the debate) in the first place?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »
Just like others before you, if you are trying to influence people and get them to come around to your point of view - you are failing miserably.

But then, I don't think that's what you're trying to do.  Anyone would know that insulting people is not the way to sway.

Yeah, my first instinct in trying to persuade someone to my pov is to call them a freaking moron incapable of rationality. A-hole also works, too.

Offline flowers

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2016, 06:12:30 pm »
Sure, but given Rubio's history of saying one thing on the campaign trail and another in DC, the answer is meaningless noise.
Yep.....he sounded extremely conservative so for me I knew he was lying. Did you notice how during this debate Rubio started talking real, real fast? Red Bull kick in?  I muted my TV when he spoke most the time. All the time when Kacish spoke too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »
I think you are wrong libertybele. Jazz was called a leftist first in the name calling category. Then he responded to the claim that Bush went AWOL and opposes that falsity. Lastly, the idea that Trump is not a flip flopper and the others are is ludicrous.  While there is no voting record on Trump because he has never served in a public office there are his positions and statements taken over many years that point to a person who in my view is more a narcissist than Obama and self-serving.

This is not the first time Jazz seems to be on the attack -- look I'm not going to argue as to who said what first.

Most of us are mature adults and most of us treat each with respect and don't attack one another; we may disagree but name calling, belittling, etc., is for the other forums.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »
This is not the first time Jazz seems to be on the attack -- look I'm not going to argue as to who said what first.

Most of us are mature adults and most of us treat each with respect and don't attack one another; we may disagree but name calling, belittling, etc., is for the other forums.

The one time I attacked a poster personally I apologized.   Sure, I've made statements about Trump supporters generally, and the cult of personality around the man,  but I really think some here have over-reacted by assuming I was attacking individual TBR members.

I AM trying to fit in here and be contributive,  believe it or not.     
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:09:13 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »
Ask every candidate what they think about american citizens strapping on a holster and carrying a firearm around with them on a daily routine or owning an AR or AK and we will see who the real 2nd amendment supporters are. My guess would be Trump would be the only one to step up

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2016, 10:31:54 pm »
Ask every candidate what they think about american citizens strapping on a holster and carrying a firearm around with them on a daily routine or owning an AR or AK and we will see who the real 2nd amendment supporters are. My guess would be Trump would be the only one to step up

Step up and say something against the 2nd amendment?.  I think you are correct as he supports the assault weapons ban.  Cruz has been endorsed by Gun Owners of America and awarded NRA's Carter-Knight Freedom award.  I don't think you would find Cruz, Rubio or Paul wavering on 2nd amendment rights at all.  Many people with conceal carry permits strap on a holster and carry a firearm around with them on a daily basis.  As for owning an AR or an AK -- I say those people are prepared and have leveled the playing field as needed and I think those people would take definite issue with Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2016, 10:41:58 pm »

Especially since it was a Fox Business debate. Are you okay?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »

===================================

Neal Cavuto was dubbing in for Megen Kelly.

Offline Carling

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 11:05:15 pm »

Heh, my bad!  Long week at airports.  3 cities in 5 days and only caught news reports of the debate.

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 11:18:57 pm »
Heh, my bad!  Long week at airports.  3 cities in 5 days and only caught news reports of the debate.
Yuk......airports really suck.

Offline Carling

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 11:22:08 pm »
Yuk......airports really suck.

I try to think back to the days before Smart Phones and what I did to kill time other than work.  Then I remember I used to talk to and meet interesting people in the restaurants and bars in the terminal.  I kind of miss those days.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2016, 01:59:17 pm »
I try to think back to the days before Smart Phones and what I did to kill time other than work.  Then I remember I used to talk to and meet interesting people in the restaurants and bars in the terminal.  I kind of miss those days.

Oh my yes. I used to live in airports - the fascinating people!  Now, everyone is glued to electronics. I recently saw a series of photos where the photographer scrubbed the cell phone from people's hands. They displayed, in a strange way, how impersonal and odd we have become.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck