Author Topic: Ann Coulter Shocks With Single Tweet As Nikki Haley Delivers GOP SOTU Response  (Read 6955 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

I'll give you my theory on it.  Four factors, in no particular order:

1.  It was on Twitter, the 140 character limit doesn't lead to well thought out commentary very often.
2.  It is an aspect of our culture, "snark" is where it is at.  I swear at times that many in the chattering class work overtime to out-snark each other!
3.  She knew that it would garner ATTENTION!  In her business, if you don't capture attention, you are falling backward.
4.  Chardonnay, many glasses, late evening Tweeting!

:whistle:

Coulter is the equivalent of a radio shock jock. Her career revolves around offending people.

Offline GourmetDan

Exactly right! And a HUGE disappointment because a great opportunity to take Obama completely apart was totally squandered!

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

Coulter is the equivalent of a radio shock jock. Her career revolves around offending people.

The difference is Coulter believes in the immigration issue she snarks about.

Btw, she was simply engaging in Rush's tact of illustrating absurdity by being absurd. It was a joke.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Rush is lambasting the Repubs over this..I will post the transcript when it is available.....Rush is right on!

Nothing new or creative about Limbo lambasting Repubs.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

Offline GAJohnnie

Simple question for you all?

Can you imagine ANY Democrats giving Haley's style of "Can't we all just get along" speech in response to a Republican President SOTU address?

This is why the GOPE is so utterly useless. They want to sit down and hold hands with the same Democrats who will stop at nothing to tear their political heads off.

Offline aligncare

Yep. Sorry to say, she's too kumbaya for me.

Obama and the democrats (and republicrats) added 80% to the national debt in just 7 short years.

Let that soak in a while.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:beer:  Agreed.  Many categorize Haley as a conservative; I see her leaning towards the establishment.  While I definitely don't see Trump as the conservative that we need, Haley's comments towards him during a commentary after the SOTU, was absolutely uncalled for. Right now ALL the GOP should be rallying behind ALL the GOP candidates and circling the wagons around the DEMS.

I agree.  Sounds like she was trying to establish her GOPe cred.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

nuff said

White House heaps praise on Haley after SOTU response
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/265739-white-house-heaps-praise-on-haley-after-sotu-response

============================

Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan leadership of course will not utter one peep.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
“During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices,” she said. “We must resist that temptation. No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country.”

Right on, Nikki.   To hell with Trumpism.   And to hell with the GOP if it embraces Trumpism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I am absolutely not a fan of Nikki Haley, but nor am I an Ann Coulter fan.  I think Ann's comment (unless it was taken out of context) sounded bigoted.  Why did she not slam the content of what Nikki was saying - that the GOP is spending precious rebuttal time to Obama's speech of lies to slam one of their own party?

That would have been way more effective.  What she said offended ME - and I'm not easily offended!

Sometimes I wonder if she isn't secretly working for the other side.
 **nononono*

I couldn't be more proud of Nikki Haley - a true conservative whe rejects bigotry and waving the bloody shirt over the immigration issue.   

As was noted above - it is well past time for conservatives to stand up and REJECT those who promote bigotry in the guise of conservatism.

Trump must be taken down.   By any means necessary.   I reject the notion of party solidarity in the defense of evil.     
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:20:31 pm by Jazzhead »

HAPPY2BME

Right on, Nikki.   To hell with Trumpism.   And to hell with the GOP if it embraces Trumpism.   

======================================

Pray tell, what is your vote going to be if Trump is the nominee?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
======================================

Pray tell, what is your vote going to be if Trump is the nominee?

My hope is that a centrist third party candidate will emerge, to give us main street types a choice other than to vote for a dangerous demogogue  or a corrupt uber-liberal.   But make no mistake - if Trump's the nominee, this 40-year GOP loyalist is GONE. I refuse to be a good German. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:23:30 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline aligncare

Nikki is part of the problem. She sides with the self-important, big spending, statist establishment.

The people, on the other hand, are scratching their heads trying to make ends meet.

We are a country founded on self government. Yet, the founders never imagined where the Washington scoundrels would take the spending and the regulating, completely shutting our voices out of the process.

Offline GourmetDan

But make no mistake - if Trump's the nominee, this 40-year GOP loyalist is GONE.

buh bye

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Simple question for you all?

Can you imagine ANY Democrats giving Haley's style of "Can't we all just get along" speech in response to a Republican President SOTU address?

This is why the GOPE is so utterly useless. They want to sit down and hold hands with the same Democrats who will stop at nothing to tear their political heads off.

Not a chance in hell of that ever happening!

The GOPe is WORTHLESS and the sooner that is widely understood the better!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

My hope is that a centrist third party candidate will emerge, to give us main street types a choice other than to vote for a dangerous demogogue  or a corrupt uber-liberal.   But make no mistake - if Trump's the nominee, this 40-year GOP loyalist is GONE. I refuse to be a good German.
I wonder how happy the Perot voters are that Clinton was elected in 1992. Or was that the intent?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

I wonder how happy the Perot voters are that Clinton was elected in 1992. Or was that the intent?

It was certainly Perot's intent... not that of those who voted for him though...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

My hope is that your hope is dashed to pieces because if it isn't this once great republic is FINI!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
My hope is that your hope is dashed to pieces because if it isn't this once great republic is FINI!

If Trump is what's needed to save this Republic, then it isn't worth saving.   I will fight tooth and nail to deny Trump and his madness the Presidency. 

But don't misunderstand - I don't want Hillary in the White House any more than you do.   I want a good, principled conservative.   The GOP has the opportunity to nominate such a conservative,  and I still believe will do so.   If that's the case, count on my loyalty just as it's been for 40 years. 

But if Trump is the nominee,  I will do what I am forced to do.   

Online mountaineer

But if Trump is the nominee,  I will do what I am forced to do.
Oh, please. That's hyperbole. I don't like Trump, either, but I've managed to avoid going all drama queen about it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Oh, please. That's hyperbole. I don't like Trump, either, but I've managed to avoid going all drama queen about it.

I can think of many things worse than a Trump presidency. The all have a (D) after them.

Offline GAJohnnie

Reading Jz posts he is a Liberal in everything but party ID. He left the Conservative movement a long long long time ago. You can always spot the closet Leftists pretending to be "Conservative" by their over use of "Nazi" analogies pointed at anyone to their right.