Author Topic: Confederate flag is the 'American Swastika' and it's 'about damn time' people questioned it, says Quentin Tarantino  (Read 1523 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3382113/Confederate-flag-American-Swastika-s-damn-time-people-questioned-says-Quentin-Tarantino.html

Quentin Tarantino considers the Confederate flag the 'American swastika' - and feels it is 'about damn time' that people questioned its place in the American South.

Tarantino's comment was made during an interview to promote his latest film, The Hateful Eight, which is due to hit the big screen on January 8 in the UK.

The film is set a few years after the American Civil War and it puts the spotlight on strained race relations in the country.

Online mountaineer

He is scraping the bottom of the irrelevancy barrel.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline famousdayandyear

Does he mean this one?  Horrors

Offline famousdayandyear

Perhaps Mr, Q's film should have focused on Lincoln's post-war 'scorched earth' policies executed so dutifully by his generals after Lee's surrender.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He is following in the footsteps of Michael Moore.

But seriously, What is it about becoming a super rich multi-millionaire in the American system, and then becoming a crazy Leftist who hates the American system?

It has become so common and passe' that it is now just stupid.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:46:50 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
He is following in the footsteps of Michael Moore.

But seriously, What is it about becoming a super rich multi-millionaire in the American system, and then becoming a crazy Leftist who hates the American system?

It has become so common and passe' that it is now just stupid.

Yes.  He's pretty much ruined me for watching anymore of his movies!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline PzLdr

The only thing Tarantino ever got right was putting Selma Hayek in a bikini and a python.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

rangerrebew

Old Quintin has been indulging in too much nose candy. :thud:

Offline flowers

Offline GourmetDan

I'm glad I never gave this dirtbag a single red-cent of my money...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

I'm glad I never gave this dirtbag a single red-cent of my money...

Ditto

rangerrebew

Our son forced the wife and men to go see the new Star Wars over the holiday.  The last movie I saw before that I think was the first Harry Potter movie.  I detest donating to any of the overpaid, egomaniacal, prejudiced, liberal cry babies who infest Hollyweird. :bs:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:24:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

Our son forced the wife and men to go see the new Star Wars over the holiday.  The last movie I saw before that I think was the first Harry Potter movie.  I detest donating to any of the overpaid, egomaniacal, prejudiced, liberal cry babies who infest Hollyweird. :bs:

:thumbsup:

If we as conservatives care about the culture, as consumers of entertainment we ought to be discriminating. However, our voices will only be heard by Hollywood marketers if we use our power of the purse. When a film bombs at the box office, movie producers hear that loud and clear.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:17:57 am by aligncare »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes.  He's pretty much ruined me for watching anymore of his movies!

Never seen one of his movies and never will!

Unmitigated TRASH! ALL of them!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

I haven't been to a movie theatre since "The Passion of the Christ."  Have I missed anything?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org