Author Topic: Medal of Honor Recipient (Dakota Meyer) Just Blew Trump’s Campaign Wide Open  (Read 9401 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not exactly a liberal. Dakota is who used to be engaged to Bristol Palin.

Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer pulled no punches when asked about Donald Trump and his plan to institute a moratorium on immigration and visitation by Muslims from the United States.

An outspoken advocate of boots on the ground against ISIS and no stranger to conflict, Meyer wrote:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States.

This, frankly, is the last straw in a high stack of ignorant mob panhandling ideas that have come out of his mouth since he announced his candidacy. Defending this idea in an interview with ABC News, Trump claimed that he is, “the worst thing that’s ever happened to ISIS.” The worst thing to happen to ISIS will be the resolve and heroic actions of our servicemen and women deployed there right now, and the thousands more ready to go. The worst thing to happen to ISIS will be a coalition of our allies relentless in their assault on this cowardly terrorist organization. The worst thing to happen to ISIS will be the entire world — including Muslims — coming together to defeat these thugs. Let’s be real — claiming Trump personally is the worst thing to happen to ISIS is more pompous than Obama claiming responsibility for the death of Osama bin Laden.

Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/politics/medal-of-honor-recipient-just-blew-trumps-campaign-wide-open/#ixzz3vwEaJArw

Offline ABX

Dakota added more on his facebook page.

The post yesterday regarding my opinion of Donald Trump, though premature, was spoken from the heart. Waiving the flag and pandering to the crowd does not make you a leader. Calling for a ban of all Muslims immigrating is such a statement. First, muslims come from all parts of the world and refusing entry to the United States based on religion is unenforceable and ignorant. If the process is broken then halt all immigration and fix the system. The attached is a link to a blog where I have expended on my points regarding Donald Trump and the statement made.

I am alive today because a Muslim acting as my translator along with many Afghan soldiers helped me. Me not defending those men would be a disgrace to my character. It is time to stop painting a religion with such a broad stroke ISIS representing Muslims is like the KKK representing Christians.

Offline musiclady

I am alive today because a Muslim acting as my translator along with many Afghan soldiers helped me. Me not defending those men would be a disgrace to my character. It is time to stop painting a religion with such a broad stroke ISIS representing Muslims is like the KKK representing Christians.

Our son has the utmost respect for his Muslim translator in Baghdad.  They became fast friends, and our son trusted him, literally with his life.

Perhaps that's part of the reason I objected to Trump's blanket condemnation of all Muslims, in spite of my understanding of how dangerous some branches of Islam really are.

I know there are others who disagree, but there are sects of Islam that do not support terror in any way, shape or form.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Sorry.  Still have to agree with Trump on this one (and I am not a huge Trump supporter).  As Trump clearly stated; it is not about religion but about national security.  His proposal to ban all Muslim immigration comes after both the terrorist attacks on Paris and San Bernadino. Trump's solution makes a heck of a lot more sense than Hussein's and the DEMS of allowing thousands of potential terrorists into this country in spite of the FBI stating that there is no way to vet these people.  Secondly, they will become citizens after 5 years which is absurd.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Going by the headline, you would think that it is time for Trump to give up, and throw in the towel. He's done.

Yeah sure. I'm sure this guy just "Blew Trump's campaign wide open".

Give me a break already, with these stupid headlines.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

I have a lot of respect for his service and accomplishment but a political wizard or international policy wonk, he is not.

Offline Longiron

Our son has the utmost respect for his Muslim translator in Baghdad.  They became fast friends, and our son trusted him, literally with his life.

Perhaps that's part of the reason I objected to Trump's blanket condemnation of all Muslims, in spite of my understanding of how dangerous some branches of Islam really are.

I know there are others who disagree, but there are sects of Islam that do not support terror in any way, shape or form.

Call Barry and tell him you will take 4 in your home. Age request between 18-30  males and see how that works out for you. I am sure your neighbors will be most understanding and trilled to DEATH.  :silly:  :chairbang:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:06:04 pm by Longiron »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Longiron - grow up or bleep off.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

Longiron - grow up or bleep off.

Happy New Year and  F off !!! You started this but I will finish it! :chairbang:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:12:59 pm by Longiron »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
"The worst thing to happen to ISIS will be the entire world — including Muslims — coming together to defeat these thugs."

Kumbaya
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Happy New Tear and  F off !!! You started this but I will finish it! :chairbang:

Love ya, friend, and understand it's New Year's Eve, but it's only 6:30pm!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mod2

Tone it down Longiron.

Offline musiclady

Sorry.  Still have to agree with Trump on this one (and I am not a huge Trump supporter).  As Trump clearly stated; it is not about religion but about national security.  His proposal to ban all Muslim immigration comes after both the terrorist attacks on Paris and San Bernadino. Trump's solution makes a heck of a lot more sense than Hussein's and the DEMS of allowing thousands of potential terrorists into this country in spite of the FBI stating that there is no way to vet these people.  Secondly, they will become citizens after 5 years which is absurd.

There are positions in between Trump's and the Democrats.

Muslims from certain nations can be forbidden entry, visa processing needs to be completely revamped and tightened, tracking of those overstaying visas needs to be ramped up.

A lot can be done short of keeping every single Muslim from every single country out of America.

As to my post....... the translators who risked their lives every day for our troops and were at grave risk after our troops left, should not be treated the same way as others.  It's just what I believe based on the experiences of our military.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I'm thinking it was the right decision to put Longiron on IGNORE.

I have a feeling I wouldn't like what he said to me on this thread.   ^-^

Offline Longiron

Tone it down Longiron.

Yes net nanny, you bet!.  :silly:

Offline Longiron

Do the bleeding hearts on here really want this to happen here? :patriot: And TRUMP is a SOB because he wants to STOP it.  :whistle:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/12/31/swedish-society-collapsing-amid-horrific-crime-wave-from-muslim-refugee-swarm-now-trying-to-stop-onslaught/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:51:31 am by Longiron »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'm thinking it was the right decision to put Longiron on IGNORE.

I have a feeling I wouldn't like what he said to me on this thread.   ^-^

I have never regretted it.

HAPPY2BME

Didn't Jimmy Carter ban all Muslims at one point?

Offline ABX

Didn't Jimmy Carter ban all Muslims at one point?

No, just immigration from Iran and he revoked Iranian student visas.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm on record in this forum for having stated many times my belief that ALL muslims should be  returned from dar al-harb to dar al-islam. Not some of them, but ALL of them.

I stand with Mr. Trump on this one.
He does not go nearly far enough!

So there.

And -- Happy New Year, all!

Offline Longiron

I'm on record in this forum for having stated many times my belief that ALL muslims should be  returned from dar al-harb to dar al-islam. Not some of them, but ALL of them.

I stand with Mr. Trump on this one.
He does not go nearly far enough!

So there.

And -- Happy New Year, all!

:beer:

Offline GourmetDan

Happy New Tear and  F off !!! You started this but I will finish it! :chairbang:

I guess 'bleep off' is fine but 'F off' isn't...    :shrug:

And there are advantages to both being on Ignore and putting people on Ignore...      :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
ISIS and Trump go perfect together.   Making this about Islam rather than Islamofascism is exactly what ISIS wants.    Dakota Meyer speaks the truth - Trump is going to get our boys killed.  Before Obama abandoned the mission,  we succeeded in Iraq with the courage of our troops assisted by their Muslim allies.  Meyer has the moral fiber to stand up to a demagogue unwilling to see the consequences of his rhetoric.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

ISIS and Trump go perfect together.   Making this about Islam rather than Islamofascism is exactly what ISIS wants.    Dakota Meyer speaks the truth - Trump is going to get our boys killed.  Before Obama abandoned the mission,  we succeeded in Iraq with the courage of our troops assisted by their Muslim allies.  Meyer has the moral fiber to stand up to a demagogue unwilling to see the consequences of his rhetoric.

I wish I wrote that.  Bravo!

Offline musiclady

I have never regretted it.

I asked him before to put me on Ignore because he despises me (and follows me around to mock me because I don't love his TRUMPIE), but he refused.

I have had a policy not to put anyone on Ignore because I figure it's cowardice to do so, but this guy is so childish that I just need to get him off my back.

Maybe if he grows up a bit, I can take him off, but for now, I need adult conversation, not the babble he spews.