Author Topic: Medal of Honor Recipient (Dakota Meyer) Just Blew Trump’s Campaign Wide Open  (Read 9402 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

(Foreign--my addition) Muslims have no rights under the Constitution as they are NOT U.S. Citizens.  Secondly, we are under NO obligation to have to allow any group of people into this country.  Coming into this country is a privilege NOT a right. 

:thumbsup3:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So is Dakota Meyer discredited, since he had sex with Gov. Palin's unwed daughter, as Liberty implied?

Not in my mind, but I appreciate liberty making me aware that another POV is out there.  You take the good with the bad, and I can hardly judge her opinion as a cheap shot when I am not above hitting Trump with everything I can dig up.

I thought your reply that it was "a reach" was solid enough to negate liberty's post.

My comment about enjoying the discussion was more focused on the broader argument of banning muslims.  It has been thought provoking to me because the arguement has been made that Trump speaks for a majority of voters who want all muslims banned.  I need evidence that a majority agree with Trump, before I can accept that arguement, and even if a majority want all muslims banned it begs the question does that make it right.

I have my opinion, but I have not spent much time questioning why I have my opinion and backing it with proof...hence my gratitude that you are making such substantial arguments for and against muslim banning.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:06:16 am by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

Why is it Bristol Palin's fault when convenient and Sarah Palin's fault when convenient?

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

So is Dakota Meyer discredited, since he had sex with Gov. Palin's unwed daughter, as Liberty implied?

Did you "miss" the bulk of her post?

Also...is this the same Dakota Meyer that was married to Bristol Palin, divorced, but planned (?) another child that was just born? If this is indeed the same Dakota Meyer apparently  the medal of honor he received was/is in question ... "Crucial parts that the Marine Corps publicized and Obama described are untrue, unsubstantiated or exaggerated, according to dozens of military documents McClatchy examined. Sworn statements by Meyer and others who participated in the battle indicate that he didn’t save the lives of 13 U.S. service members, leave his vehicle to scoop up 24 Afghans on his first two rescue runs or lead the final push to retrieve the four dead Americans. Moreover, it’s unclear from the documents whether Meyer disobeyed orders when he entered the Ganjgal Valley on Sept. 8, 2009..."

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article24720631.html#storylink=cpy

That is, the part after the first sentence? 

(I have no idea what the story is behind this guy, but focusing on one sentence and ignoring the vast majority of the content that she posted to focus on a non-sequitor about Bristol Palin's sex life is disingenuous, at best.)

Offline Paladin

"A journalist working for a Dutch magazine had a fake Syrian passport ready for him in less than two days – with the picture of the Prime Minister of the Netherlands printed on it.

Reporter Harald Doornbos who is currently based in Syria and works for the Dutch Nieuwe Revu magazine said anyone – including jihadists and Syrians who have committed crimes against humanity and are banned from entering Europe, can easily do the same.

A forged passport and an ID card cost the journalist US $825, he said on Twitter. He only had to make a phone call to order the fake documents, and was able to pick them up all ready within 40 hours. The man was told he would be able to enter Cyprus with his newly obtained documents.

Both were under the fake name of Malek Ramadan, but had the photograph of the Dutch PM Mark Rutte printed on them. The journalist said it wasn't an initial idea to have the picture of the high-ranking official on the document, he just opted for it when asked to supply a name and a photograph – which only shows you can have pretty much anything printed on "good quality" fake documents.

"If we are able to buy a good quality forged Syrian passport, so can Syrian fighters… and jihadists," Doornbos said, concluding that "then it is relatively simple for them to enter the EU unnoticed and commit terrorist attacks."

According to Doornbos's sources, the fighters illegally getting the same fake documents travel from ISIS- and Al-Qaeda-controlled areas in northern Syria to Bodrum in Turkey, and illegally crossing over to Greece from there.

"In Greece, he shows his false Syrian passport to the authorities. Since the passport is fake, under the fake name, the Greeks have no idea that they are not dealing with a Syrian refugee but a member of ISIS or Al-Qaeda," Nieuwe Revu wrote, adding that from Greece such illegal travelers proceed to Hungary through Macedonia and Serbia, and then "travel without control to the other Schengen States."

Concerns that jihadist fighters could be sneaking in to Europe during the ongoing migrant crisis, disguised as asylum seekers, have grown recently, as tens of thousands of people continue to arrive to Europe from the Middle East, and Syria in particular. Even Pope Francis warned of the danger of ISIS "infiltration" via refugee flows this week, saying that the fighters may take advantage of the situation to slip into EU undetected."

https://www.rt.com/news/315591-fake-syrian-passport-journalist/

Or just as easily slip into the United States undetected. We have no idea who is coming into our country as a "refugee", just as we have no idea who is coming in over our southern border. Both avenues must be blocked until we know who is coming in.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline famousdayandyear

"A journalist working for a Dutch magazine had a fake Syrian passport ready for him in less than two days – with the picture of the Prime Minister of the Netherlands printed on it.

Reporter Harald Doornbos who is currently based in Syria and works for the Dutch Nieuwe Revu magazine said anyone – including jihadists and Syrians who have committed crimes against humanity and are banned from entering Europe, can easily do the same.

A forged passport and an ID card cost the journalist US $825, he said on Twitter. He only had to make a phone call to order the fake documents, and was able to pick them up all ready within 40 hours. The man was told he would be able to enter Cyprus with his newly obtained documents.

Both were under the fake name of Malek Ramadan, but had the photograph of the Dutch PM Mark Rutte printed on them. The journalist said it wasn't an initial idea to have the picture of the high-ranking official on the document, he just opted for it when asked to supply a name and a photograph – which only shows you can have pretty much anything printed on "good quality" fake documents.

"If we are able to buy a good quality forged Syrian passport, so can Syrian fighters… and jihadists," Doornbos said, concluding that "then it is relatively simple for them to enter the EU unnoticed and commit terrorist attacks."

According to Doornbos's sources, the fighters illegally getting the same fake documents travel from ISIS- and Al-Qaeda-controlled areas in northern Syria to Bodrum in Turkey, and illegally crossing over to Greece from there.

"In Greece, he shows his false Syrian passport to the authorities. Since the passport is fake, under the fake name, the Greeks have no idea that they are not dealing with a Syrian refugee but a member of ISIS or Al-Qaeda," Nieuwe Revu wrote, adding that from Greece such illegal travelers proceed to Hungary through Macedonia and Serbia, and then "travel without control to the other Schengen States."

Concerns that jihadist fighters could be sneaking in to Europe during the ongoing migrant crisis, disguised as asylum seekers, have grown recently, as tens of thousands of people continue to arrive to Europe from the Middle East, and Syria in particular. Even Pope Francis warned of the danger of ISIS "infiltration" via refugee flows this week, saying that the fighters may take advantage of the situation to slip into EU undetected."

https://www.rt.com/news/315591-fake-syrian-passport-journalist/

Or just as easily slip into the United States undetected. We have no idea who is coming into our country as a "refugee", just as we have no idea who is coming in over our southern border. Both avenues must be blocked until we know who is coming in.

:howlin: :howlin: :howlin: :howlin: :howlin: :howlin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I do have a minor question in all this:

What about the Kurds? Would they be let in - after all, they ARE majority Sunni Muslim. Or will you piss on the only people effectively fighting your battle on the ground yet again? Cause that's what it feels like and sounds like.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

What about the Kurds? Would they be let in - after all, they ARE majority Sunni Muslim. Or will you piss on the only people effectively fighting your battle on the ground yet again? Cause that's what it feels like and sounds like.

Your question points to the difficulty of addressing this issue and I really don't know the answer.  I think it would be in the best interest of our security to stop the people fleeing these volatile countries in the middle east from coming here until we develop a comprehensive plan.  Unfortunately, that would have to include Christians and Kurds because it's too easy to slip in while pretending to be something you are not.  It doesn't appear very compassionate, but safety and survival has to come first. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

As long as they are willing to eat a bacon double cheeseburger, and profess their love for American Football, video games, and Taylor Swift...you know assimilate...like any Christian American I say let them in.

Your question points to the difficulty of addressing this issue and I really don't know the answer.  I think it would be in the best interest of our security to stop the people fleeing these volatile countries in the middle east from coming here until we develop a comprehensive plan. 

Comprehensive immigration reform?  Sounds easy enough.

Offline famousdayandyear

It is my understanding that the US State Department is quite effectively BLOCKING entrance to Christians from the Middle East, Yazidis, Kurds, Arab translators that have assisted US troops, or any person aligned with US interests.  This is by design from our POTUS.

Offline alicewonders

Comprehensive immigration reform?  Sounds easy enough.

:laugh:

There's immigration reform and refugee reform too. 

:laugh:

There's immigration reform and refugee reform too.

Indeed.  But I think the Syrian refugees are out of luck.  Nobody wants them.

Offline alicewonders

Indeed.  But I think the Syrian refugees are out of luck.  Nobody wants them.

Yeah.  There was something about all those well-dressed young men fleeing their country instead of fighting for it that disturbed me.

Offline aligncare

Where in the constitution does it say foreign nationals have a constitutionally protected right to enter the United States or that we cannot set immigration policy based on threats to our sovereignty and security?

It would be pure hogwash--a liberal fantasy--to claim a right to enter the U.S. is somewhere in the constitution.

Offline musiclady

I want what to happen????  Muslims have no rights under the Constitution as they are NOT U.S. Citizens.  Secondly, we are under NO obligation to have to allow any group of people into this country.  Coming into this country is a privilege NOT a right.  I see allowing Muslims to migrate into this country as inviting trouble...I didn't say that you saw it that way. 

It is a fact, that there are Muslim terrorists who mean us harm.  It is a fact that they aren't just located in Syria.  So, how are we going to determine which Muslims aren't terrorists especially when the FBI has stated that they haven no way to vet them?

You want all Muslims to be banned from entering the US.  That's what you want to happen.

OF COURSE there are Muslim terrorists who mean us harm.  It does not then follow that all Muslims are terrorists and should be banned.   Oh............. and I also know (of course) that foreign nationals do not have Constitutional rights.  And I didn't say that all terrorists came from Syria  (I listed in my short recommendations, stopping immigration from all enemy countries).

There are ways to determine who is involved in terrorism that are not currently being employed.  Background, associations, social media......... all kinds of ways.   The system can be tightened up without banning all Muslims.  Muslims can be vetted just like anyone else can be.

I'll go back to my original post agreeing with the article.  There were many translators who risked their lives for our troops (including my son).   They were thoroughly vetted by the US military.  If they sought sanctuary in the US because they are at risk of being killed by terrorists, I don't think they should be banned.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

It is my understanding that the US State Department is quite effectively BLOCKING entrance to Christians from the Middle East, Yazidis, Kurds, Arab translators that have assisted US troops, or any person aligned with US interests.  This is by design from our POTUS.

Correct.  Obama only wants Muslims from the ME.  He prefers that Christians stay there and be crucified rather than allow entry into America.   He calls it, IIRC, 'religious discrimination.'

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Your question points to the difficulty of addressing this issue and I really don't know the answer.  I think it would be in the best interest of our security to stop the people fleeing these volatile countries in the middle east from coming here until we develop a comprehensive plan.  Unfortunately, that would have to include Christians and Kurds because it's too easy to slip in while pretending to be something you are not.  It doesn't appear very compassionate, but safety and survival has to come first.

I know you're aware of the Nazarene Fund Project that the Blaze is supporting.  The Christians they are getting out of the ME (who are banned from entering the US by this administration) are thoroughly vetted by their pastors and people in their churches to verify that they are Christian and not just infiltrating.

It CAN be done.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Could you provide a link, the source, the evidence for that?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

I know you're aware of the Nazarene Fund Project that the Blaze is supporting.  The Christians they are getting out of the ME (who are banned from entering the US by this administration) are thoroughly vetted by their pastors and people in their churches to verify that they are Christian and not just infiltrating.

It CAN be done.

Yes, it can be done, but the way it is happening now is chaotic.  I'm sure Beck's group is going over and above to make sure they are screening who they bring here.  But, what happens when other groups decide to do this?  Groups that might not be so attentive - or that might have ulterior motives?

The whole thing needs to be paused in order to come up with a comprehensive plan that ensures that we know who is coming into our country, where they are coming from and why they are coming.  That's what Trump was saying - he said - until we get a handle on it.  What we are doing now is the wrong thing to do.  We cannot allow this process to be chaotic. 

Offline libertybele

It CAN be done.

Ok Music.  I will give you that it can be done.  Obviously not by this administration (no surprise) as I believe that this administration is bringing in terrorists by design and at this point in time I believe Trump is correct in that he would ban Muslims into this country UNTIL we get a handle on things.  Right now, and San Bernadino was a prime example it is just too easy for a terrorist(s) to slip into the U.S. undetected.  We still have no way of knowing who is coming into this country as a 'refugee' or terrorist; until we have a way to adequately discern who is who, I stand with Trump.  I further think for now, we need to ban all migration into this country until we can secure our borders (southern and northern). This wouldn't be the first time that immigration into this country was halted.  These are extraordinary times which I believe call for extraordinary measures.

What Beck did was very courageous and honorable and I just don't see Hussein doing the right thing for this country and certainly in the name of Christianity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline famousdayandyear

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
CBN article:  Syrian Christians Denied VISAs to West

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2013/december/christian-syrian-refugees-denied-visas-to-west/?mobile=false
First the article is over two years old (Dec. 2013).

Second it does NOT say in the article that the US is blocking visas.

Thirdly your source is the 700Club religious enterprises, which may be biased to bend the story.

A woman that worked in my office is Syrian-Christian. She lived in England and then here for her entire adult life but her parents remained in Syria.

Her father died (from old age) when violence was ramping up, so she traveled to Syria and brought her mother back here.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Ok Music.  I will give you that it can be done.  Obviously not by this administration (no surprise) as I believe that this administration is bringing in terrorists by design and at this point in time I believe Trump is correct in that he would ban Muslims into this country UNTIL we get a handle on things.  Right now, and San Bernadino was a prime example it is just too easy for a terrorist(s) to slip into the U.S. undetected.  We still have no way of knowing who is coming into this country as a 'refugee' or terrorist; until we have a way to adequately discern who is who, I stand with Trump.  I further think for now, we need to ban all migration into this country until we can secure our borders (southern and northern). This wouldn't be the first time that immigration into this country was halted.  These are extraordinary times which I believe call for extraordinary measures.

What Beck did was very courageous and honorable and I just don't see Hussein doing the right thing for this country and certainly in the name of Christianity.

Of course, Hussein won't do it.  I have come to the conclusion after years of watching him and listening to him, that he considers Christians to be the enemy.

The flaw in your analysis, as I see it, is that one of the San Bernardino terrorists was American born.   Stopping immigration wouldn't have stopped him.

My question to you.............. would you ban all migration of everyone from everywhere....... not just Muslims?  I actually think it would be more consistent to temporarily stop migration from everywhere, halt the visa process, secure the borders completely, than to just say Muslims can't come in.

There is historic precedent for stopping immigration, and I see that as being more feasible than just stopping Muslims.

I also note that the most draconian measures taken in times of war were done by Progressives who disregarded Americans' civil liberties to 'protect' us from both Germans and Japanese.

We're on the precipice of doing that if we take the measures that Trump is suggesting.  (Of course, that IS consistent with his being a Progressive....which needs to be factored into his political ploy here).

Offline musiclady

First the article is over two years old (Dec. 2013).

Second it does NOT say in the article that the US is blocking visas.

Thirdly your source is the 700Club religious enterprises, which may be biased to bend the story.

A woman that worked in my office is Syrian-Christian. She lived in England and then here for her entire adult life but her parents remained in Syria.

Her father died (from old age) when violence was ramping up, so she traveled to Syria and brought her mother back here.

I don't have the numbers right at hand right now, but the percentage of Christians coming from Syria is miniscule.  Hussein IS blocking Christian entry.