Author Topic: If you want to know the truth about Islam, watch this  (Read 2235 times)

PaleoConPrep

If you want to know the truth about Islam, watch this
« on: December 20, 2015, 09:45:11 pm »
its  a very detailed look at the problems with Islam. It's presented by elite Reformed scholar and apologist Dr. James White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7BRjbGVISI
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:47:16 pm by PaleoConPrep »

Offline sinkspur

Re: If you want to know the truth about Islam, watch this
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:00 pm »
White makes his living tearing down other faiths.

Here he is on Roman Catholicism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLg2QlEpH8

Here's White on Mormonism:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+james+white+mormonism

And, if you have two hours of your life you never want to get back, here's White debating Patrick Madrid, a Catholic apologist, on Sola Scriptura:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJYWqFjKb0
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:24:34 pm »

I'm a Roman Catholic who has found it is futile to argue with members of other faiths about their beliefs.  All I try to do is clarify misconceptions (of which there are many) about my own faith.  It is not true that White doesn't "tear down" Catholicism.  Just watch that second YouTube I referenced.

I feel the same about Catholic apologists.  Who are they trying to "convert" when they "refute" my beliefs?  Usually, apologists are trying to justify their own beliefs to themselves.  I think we should adopt the attitude of the Jews and let other people worship they way they want and stop trying to get a notch on our belt by shaming them into believing as we do.

As a side note,epithets and profanity are wasted on me, as I've heard them all, mostly on this forum.  And they don't bother me any longer.  Try substituting some intelligent argument for gutter language.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:03:58 pm by mystery-ak »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »
I am compelled to agree.

The Jews have it right. Just let everyone do what they do. I do my thing. You do your thing. And that is all.

Nobody is right. Nobody is wrong. It only matters that it is right for you. We will all know soon enough no matter what anyone says.

As long as you don't hurt anyone (which rules out any form of Islam) then I don't care what you do.

What is right for you and your's is fine with me. As long as you don't mess with me and mine.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:52:08 pm »
240B
Shove your relativism up your pipe. Do you realize what will happen if you're wrong? Read Jonathan Edwardss sermon " Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" Relatavism  is killing this society.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:53:24 pm by PaleoConPrep »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:12:14 pm »
240B
Shove your relativism up your pipe. Do you realize what will happen if you're wrong? Read Jonathan Edwardss sermon " Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" Relatavism  is killing this society.

Your God is angry?  God is not angry.  Anger is a human emotion.  I find it strange that we anthropomorphize God when God is nothing but pure love. All those Scripture passages about God being angry are human authors imposing their own view of a situation onto God.  The common response in Scripture of God to a sinning Israel is to LOVE THEM MORE.

If anyone is coming to God out of fear, they are operating at the basest level of human relationship.  God doesn't want our fear, he wants our love.  Imagine saying you love a woman that you're afraid of.  What kind of relationship would that be?

It is not relativisim to respect the faith beliefs of other people. God wants us to share His love and let Him do the rest.  Mostly, He just wants us to let HIM love US.  That's what changes us, not being afraid of God.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:17:18 pm »
Let me guess?

Ghosts and demons and a lake of fire will be waiting for me when I die?

I can tell that you are a live wire. And I could screw with you for a while, but I will not do that.

Just be nice, and everything will be ok. I promise you.

And on the side, you may want to check your meds. You seem to be a little uptight.

Bless you. I wish you nothing but the best of everything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:08:04 am »
Sinkspur
You are NO Catholic. You're a mindless Universalist. The Bible is the inerrant word of God. To say that part of it is wrong is total heresy and apostasy. No wonder you don't like Dr. White. You're a theological numbskull. Read the Bible. You seem to be a freethinker. If that's what you are, please don't call yourself a Christian.  You do not appear to be of the regenerate Elect. If you want to have an honest theological discussion, I'm willing to help you.( although I'm sure you'll just call me a "kid" again)
Watch this lecture by Dr. Gordon H. Clark on Biblical inerrancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4jw9xj5wUE
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:14:16 am by PaleoConPrep »

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:25:54 am »
Your skills in English composition are the worst.  How were you accepted in a credible college?  God, how the standards have been decimated.  And by the way, God help us when children drive the discussion.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 12:26:42 am »
Sinkspur
You are NO Catholic. You're a mindless Universalist. The Bible is the inerrant word of God. To say that part of it is wrong is total heresy and apostasy. No wonder you don't like Dr. White. You're a theological numbskull. Read the Bible. You seem to be a freethinker. If that's what you are, please don't call yourself a Christian.  You do not appear to be of the regenerate Elect. If you want to have an honest theological discussion, I'm willing to help you.( although I'm sure you'll just call me a "kid" again)
Watch this lecture by Dr. Gordon H. Clark on Biblical inerrancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4jw9xj5wUE

You see why I don't argue over religion.  It serves no purpose except to antagonize. 

Much of Scripture is a reflection by the authors on historical events.  Did you know that the Gospels weren't written until 30 years after Jesus' death?  So the words attributed to him (except for a few) are most likely reflections of the Gospel writers to address the spiritual needs of their communities.  Matthew wrote for a Jewish community, which is why he referenced so much of the Old Testament.

Sorry you don't subscribe to Biblical scholarship.  You fundamentalists who believe in a 6000 year old earth and a literal seven days of creation are the numbskulls.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 12:32:31 am »
Now, we'll never know who the real numbskulls are.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 12:36:15 am »
You never fail to amuse Sinkspur. Although you're right. You shouldn't be arguing with anyone over religion. If you want to get a feel for real Biblical scholarship, look into the following theologians.
1. Jonathan Edwards
2. Martin Luther
3. John Calvin
4. Dr. Greg Bahnsen
5. Dr. Gordon H. Clark
6. Dr. James White
7. Douglas Wilson
Modern "Biblical scholarship" is a joke. If you compare the theologians I follow to the people you follow, you'll see what I mean. Stop responding to this thread. I want some comments from people who watched the video on Islam. Also,  watch this lecture by Dr. James White on Universalism. This'll really help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PFb2Q4s7M
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:37:52 am by PaleoConPrep »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 12:40:54 am »
Just a reminder in case no one has noticed..

TBR is a political/news site....not a religious/commentary site.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 12:42:07 am »
You never fail to amuse Sinkspur. Although you're right. You shouldn't be arguing with anyone over religion. If you want to get a feel for real Biblical scholarship, look into the following theologians.
1. Jonathan Edwards
2. Martin Luther
3. John Calvin
4. Dr. Greg Bahnsen
5. Dr. Gordon H. Clark
6. Douglas Wilson
Modern "Biblical scholarship" is a joke. If you compare the theologians I follow to the people you follow, you'll see what I mean. Stop responding to this thread. I want some comments from people who watched the video on Islam. Also,  watch this lecture by Dr. James White on Universalism. This'll really help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PFb2Q4s7M

No Karl Barth or Rudolf Bultmann? No Jurgen Moltman?  I'm Catholic, and my Scripture scholars are men like Walter Bruggeman and Raymond Brown.  But I recognize the tremendous contribution Protestant scholars have made to the Modern Historical-Critical Scripture movement.

Sorry you don't accept that Scripture developed over time, that Scripture is not historical but a faith document, and that the details are not what are important.  The revelation of God is what is important and that's what Scripture accomplishes.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 12:42:47 am »

Move this to the religion section.  We still have one here, right?

Oh, wait.  This is general discussion.  Religion is not permitted in general discussion?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:45:13 am by sinkspur »

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 12:43:02 am »
Famousdayandyear
You're reading comprehension is poor at best. I never said I was a college student. This is a laid back forum. I don't watch my composition on here.  I'm really starting to get tired of this forum. I post a thread on Islam, and I get idiotic responses from people that have nothing to do with the subject. Watch the video on Islam, and let me know what you think. OR STOP RESPONDING. Send me a private message if you want to argue about things that have nothing to do with the subject.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 12:45:10 am »
Move this to the religion section.  We still have one here, right?

No..took it down a long time ago...for just this reason..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 12:46:39 am »
I'm not trying to start a Catholic vs. Protestant debate. My goal in posting this thread was to discuss Islam. Whites lecture goes into the Koran, and the issues facing us today.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 12:46:50 am »
No..took it down a long time ago...for just this reason..

So we can't discuss religion here.  What problem is this causing?  We're respectful. There's disagreement, sure, but as long as everybody behaves,  I don't see the problem.

You'd rather us fight over Donald Trump?  I can sure go back to that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:01 am »
So we can't discuss religion here.  What problem is this causing?  We're respectful. There's disagreement, sure, but as long as everybody behaves,  I don't see the problem.

You'd rather us fight over Donald Trump?  I can sure go back to that.

I didn't say that...I just don't want this to be a habit here and I don't see everyone behaving..I've already removed one post.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 12:56:36 am »
I didn't say that...I just don't want this to be a habit here and I don't see everyone behaving..I've already removed one post.

OK. I didn't start the thread. I think it was started to invite people to trash Islam.  I don't notice anybody doing that.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03:28 am »
Another excellent theologian is Cornelius Van Till. Sinkspur, I think you and I have fundamental differences in politics and theology. I follow a completely different school of theology. I'm a Reformed presuppositionalist Anglican. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you because you're Catholic. I dislike people who don't take the Bible seriously( the group of theologians you follow fit into that category) You say "God is all love" Are you saying hell doesn't exist? I also dislike people who don't take me seriously because of my age. Expectations for teens have reached an unspeakably low level. All teenage boys are expected to do these days is play video games and go after girls. I TOTALLY reject this type of thinking. Do you know that boys usually went to Oxford at 14 in Tudor England? I think the best thing we can do is respectfully disagree.( unless you want to have an honest theological discussion)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:08:35 am by PaleoConPrep »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 01:10:53 am »
Your skills in English composition are the worst.  How were you accepted in a credible college?  God, how the standards have been decimated.  And by the way, God help us when children drive the discussion.

That's assuming Mr. Paleo is indeed a juvenile. I have my doubts. When I was the age he claims to be, I was still watching American Bandstand and couldn't tell you the difference between a conservative, a liberal, democrat or republican.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 01:13:18 am »

Well, God bless you for that, Mystery.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 01:14:18 am »
By the way this thread was not created to trash Islam. White gives a very detailed look at the Islamic faith, and then discusses the issues facing us today.  He cautions us against unfairly attacking Muslims. You're ideas on James White could not be further from the truth. He's not like Pat Robertson or Jerry Fallwell. No ones trashing anybody.This guy is one of the best Refoormed scholars of the 21st century.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:15:12 am by PaleoConPrep »