Author Topic: Pelosi Explains Support for Ryan’s Spending Deal: ‘They Were Willing to Concede So Much’  (Read 732 times)

Offline Paladin

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi explained her support for the $1.2 trillion spending bill that the Republican Congress passed yesterday and President Obama signed into law by pointing out to reporters that the Republicans “were willing to concede so much” to get the bill passed.

The bill, Pelosi noted, did not stop funding of Planned Parenthood, and the Republicans “had to take out their provisions to destroy ACA”—the Affordable Care Act, AKA Obamacare.

Pelosi argued that the Republican leaders were so intent on getting a provision to allow exports of U.S. crude oil that they were “willing to give up so much.”

“The fact that the Republicans wanted big oil so desperately really argues for voting for the bill because they were willing to concede so much,” said Pelosi."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/pelosi-explains-support-ryans-spending-deal-they-were-willing-concede
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Sigh...Someone in big oil made the leadership very wealthy.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The monumental ineptitude, if that's what it is, of the GOP on this deal is beyond my verbal ability to put it into context. Our leadership are rank amateur buffoons.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sorry, my friend. That level of ineptitude is professional.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Nice...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

It was planned by BOTH parties to get you so upset with the PUBBIES that you do not show up to vote or leave the party. BUSHIE gave it away by when he said he will be the candidate without the PUBBIE BASE.
Remember not ONE person in either party have to live with the RESULTS they pass the results down to the peasants. Want to fix OBAMACARE make every politician be on it. Want to stop illegals relocate them to their neighborhoods. Fat change of that happening. Same with the Omnibus 1.6 TRILLION they just gave Barry :chairbang: :chairbang:

Offline libertybele

It was planned by BOTH parties to get you so upset with the PUBBIES that you do not show up to vote or leave the party. BUSHIE gave it away by when he said he will be the candidate without the PUBBIE BASE.
Remember not ONE person in either party have to live with the RESULTS they pass the results down to the peasants. Want to fix OBAMACARE make every politician be on it. Want to stop illegals relocate them to their neighborhoods. Fat change of that happening. Same with the Omnibus 1.6 TRILLION they just gave Barry :chairbang: :chairbang:

Possibly, but I think it was a clear message from the GOPe; this is no longer a government of the People by the People ... it doesn't matter who you vote for; the Washington cartel still exists.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

Possibly, but I think it was a clear message from the GOPe; this is no longer a government of the People by the People ... it doesn't matter who you vote for; the Washington cartel still exists.

Yup.  Does anyone recall this passage:

"But either party in office over time becomes corrupt, tired, unenterprising, and vigorless.  Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies."
-- p. 1248, Carroll Quigley, Tragedy & Hope, First Edition, First Printing, 1966

Prefacing that from the prior page:

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers.  Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy."
-- p. 1247-8, Carroll Quigley, Tragedy & Hope, First Edition, First Printing, 1966

Many have probably heard of Professor Quigley (one of Bill Clinton's closest mentors from Georgetown) when he and his writings were discussed in the 1970s (e.g., The Naked Capitalist) and later when Glenn Beck brought them to light in his Overton Window book.

Quigley had very close relationships with the power brokers of his time, he used these relationships to discover a great deal of the philosophies and motivations of these people.  He used this knowledge to document much of it in his written work, even though he found himself at odds with some of it, especially over time.  He is certainly a controversial figure (at times vigorously denounced by the both the "left" and the "right"), but if you take the time to read some of his work, you will see the profound genius (and ability to synthesize like no other) that he had in understanding and documenting the history of civilization.

The excerpts above represent the thinking of the power elites at the time.

I bring it up to provide some context to the question, "How come the only difference between the two parties seems to be their written platforms (that merely gather dust for four years between conventions) and the rhetoric that they use to attract our votes?"

It isn't an accident.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:36:32 pm by katzenjammer »