Author Topic: What will the Cruz administration look like?  (Read 6271 times)

PaleoConPrep

What will the Cruz administration look like?
« on: December 19, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
Here's what I think it might look like
POTUS- Ted Cruz
VP- Mike Lee
AG- Ken Cuccinelli
Sec of State-  Bruce Fein
Second of Defense- Allen West
Sec of Treasury- Peter Schiff
Press Sec- Allen Keyes 
That would be a great administration. With Rand Paul as Senate Majority Leader and Jim Jordan as Speaker of the House.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:51:35 pm by PaleoConPrep »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: What will the Cruz administration look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:33:06 pm »
Here's what I think it might look like
POTUS- Ted Cruz
VP- Mike Lee
AG- Ken Cuccinelli
Sec of State-  Bruce Fein
Second of Defense- Allen West
Sec of Treasury- Peter Schiff
Press Sec- Allen Keyes 
That would be a great administration. With Rand Paul as Senate Majority Leader and Jim Jordan as Speaker of the House.

Allen Keyes?  I would love to see Carly Fiorina there.  She is remarkably quick on her feet and very well spoken.

Sec of Treasury - Art Laffer.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 12:09:00 am »
Alan Keyes is a much better speaker than  fiorina. He also stands for something. A true patriot unlike her.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:21:43 am »
Unemployed.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 02:58:30 am »
Alan Keyes is a much better speaker than  fiorina. He also stands for something. A true patriot unlike her.

Alan Keyes is a flake. He would never be the spokesperson for somebody else.

Peter Schiff is a gold bug. Not somebody who should be shaping monetary policy. 

And Bruce Fein as SOS?  He's a nerdy lawyer.

I must say, you have a Star Wars bar scene as a cabinet.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:01:37 am »
So tell me. Besides a time in Reagan's administration (now 27+ years ago) what precisely has Keyes accomplished?

After Reagan, why didn't any other leading Republicans take him on their staffs?

Answer: He is a tall talker, and just about anybody can do that. He can't get elected, in spite of many tries. Perhaps he could have, if he had applied better judgment and tried starting lower, than US Senator.

Clue: Nixon started as a US House of Representatives candidate, then Senate, then VP, lost running for potus, lost running for governor, finally won the presidency.

Reagan won governorship, then tried 3 times for potus nomination before getting it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 03:17:07 am »
Read the Wikipedia article on Keyes.

He's even nuttier than I realized. He compares Pope Francis to Mao, Stalin, and Marx.

I remember when he came to Dallas in 2004 and called George W. Bush a murderer because of his stem cell decision.  Bizarre.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 04:28:48 am »
Alan Keyes is a flake. He would never be the spokesperson for somebody else.

Peter Schiff is a gold bug. Not somebody who should be shaping monetary policy. 

And Bruce Fein as SOS?  He's a nerdy lawyer.

Good heavens, does this guy like anyone? Anyone at all? He seems to get his jollies on here by attacking and personally insulting anyone who could even be considered remotely a Conservative. Now that either speaks to some deep emotional lack within himself or he is merely a DNC plant.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 04:37:46 am »
Good heavens, does this guy like anyone? Anyone at all? He seems to get his jollies on here by attacking and personally insulting anyone who could even be considered remotely a Conservative. Now that either speaks to some deep emotional lack within himself or he is merely a DNC plant.

No. I wouldn't let ANY of these people near a conservative administration.

They're fruitcakes. 

Alan Keyes? Are you kidding?

Why don't you take issue with me instead of insulting me?  And your amateur psychologist schtick is getting stale.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 05:07:10 am »
Sinkspur and truth-seeker
You 2have been my main attackers on this forum.  Let's just be honest. You don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.
Sinkspur you say "I wouldn't let any of these people near a conservative administration"
So Cuccinelli, who was the AG of Virginia(my state) is not qualified to be AG of the United States? Or is he too radical for you buddy? Cuccinelli is FAR more qualified than Ashcroft, Holder, or Lynch.
truth-seeker you said
"Alan Keyes is a tall talker"

So Keyes isn't conservative either? What's a Press Sec supposed to do dumbass? TALK! But I'm sure you like Josh Earnest. Please stop worshipping Reagan if you want to be taken seriously.
Sinkspur
You also say
"Peter Schiff is a goldbugs"

No. He's one of the best Austrian economists. An outsider just like Cruz

Bruce Fein is not "just a lawyer"He was one of Ron Paul's top foreign policyadvisors and has done quite a bit of work on foreign affairs. Why does SOS always have to be a politician?

You two hate real conservatism. You attack Buchanan because he doesn't want America being raped by Israel. You attack the JBS for its past (I would bet you've never read the New American) What makes you two qualified to be the Gods of conservatism? As I've said many times, conservatism is broad. You don't get to decide who is or isn't conservative.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:31:27 am by PaleoConPrep »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 05:10:25 am »
Sinkspur and truth-seeker
You 2have been my main attackers on this forum.  Let's just be honest. You don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.
Sinkspur you say "I wouldn't let any of these people near a conservative administration"
So Cuccinelli, who was the AG of Virginia(my state) is not qualified to be AG of the United States? Or is he too radical for you buddy? Cuccinelli is FAR more qualified than Ashcroft, Holder, or Lynch.
truth-seeker you said
"Alan Keyes is a tall talker"

So Keyes isn't conservative either? What's a Press Sec supposed to do dumbass? TALK! But I'm sure you like Josh Earnest. Please stop worshipping Reagan if you want to be taken seriously.
Sinkspur
You also say
"Peter Schiff is a goldbugs"

No. He's one of the best Austrian economists. An outsider just like Cruz

Bruce Fein is not "just a lawyer"He was one of Ron Paul's top foreign policyadvisors and has done quite of bit of work on foreign affairs. Why does SOS always have to be a politician?

You two hate real conservatism. You attack Buchanan because he doesn't want America being raped by Israel. You attack the JBS for its oast( I would bet you've never read the New American) What makes you two qualified to be the Gods of conservatism? As I've said many times, conservatism is broad. You don't get to decide who is or isn't conservative.

You're a kid. If you were my kid, I'd slap you across the face.

Peter Schiff is a goldbug. Go read his writings.

Pat Buchanan is an anti-semite.  Perhaps you don't mind being in the company of such people.  I do.

And if you're OK with anti-semites, I'm not OK with you.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 05:17:11 am »
"Why don't you take issue with me instead of insulting me?"

PaleoConPrep did just that and did it masterfully. Nonetheless even after being completely owned you lash out with your usual venom.

"You're a kid. If you were my kid, I'd slap you across the face."

"Pat Buchanan is an anti-semite."

Why Mystery puts up with your constant negativism and vile attitude is simply beyond me.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 05:24:32 am »
Sinkspur
So my age disqualifies me from being taken seriously? Shapiro started at 19. It's not my age. It's that you hate Old Right conservatism. You'd slap me across the face?  Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say stuff like that. What's you're definition of anti-Semite? An Anti-Semite is someone who calls for the murder of Jews. Buchanan has never done that.  If it's someone who verbally  attacks or dislikes Israel, then I'm an anti-semite.  Sorry, but the Jews aren't special. They can be criticized like anyone else. I agree with Schiff on gold. We need to go back to the Gold Standard.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:40:01 am by PaleoConPrep »

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:28 am »
Paladin
THANK YOU! You are my first defender, and I greatly appreciate that.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 07:59:41 am »
Being called a dumbass, by somebody who is admittedly an anti-Semite, an advocate of fascism, and that admonishes me to stop worshipping Reagan, is a badge of honor I proudly wear.

FYI between Alan Keyes, Ted Cruz and Ronald Reagan, I'll take Reagan every time.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 08:07:52 am »
Truth-seeker
Give me your definition of anti-Semite.  As much as I hate to tell you this, Reagans presidency ended 30 years ago. People like Ted Cruz are the way of the future.

Here's what Paul Gottfried said of modern-day Reaganites
" Revered by some as Ronald Reagan might be, attempting to recreate his political age in a long-since fundamentally transformed America isn’t the wisest of ideas. Still, as mainstream conservative pundits advocate exactly this, the rug on which they stand is pulled out from under their feet."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:16:53 am by PaleoConPrep »

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 08:30:43 am »
Just for the idiots who call me a Fascist, here's a repost of my political platform.

Marriage- between one man and one woman
Abortion- illegal unless the mothers life is at risk
Death Penalty- Legal in all states. Make rape and pedophilia punishable by death.
Gun Control- very little. Keep guns away from violent felons
Economy- free Market Capitalism. Protectionist trade policy
Healthcare- slightly regulated free-market healthcare system.
Taxes- National Sales Tax. Abolish the IRS.
Foreign Policy- Non-interventionism. End ALL foreign entanglements. Only get involved if there is an IMMEDIATE threat to the U.S. Let the Middle East deal with itself. End ALL foreign aid. Stop putting Israel ahead of America.  Get out of the UN immediately.
Bureaucracy- Abolish the EPA, HUD, Department of Education, Department of Commerce, and a couple others.
Education- end public education. Support private schools, charter schools, and homeschooling. End all government funding for universities. Let them fund themselves.
Other- Repeal 16th and 17th Amendment. Ban ACLU. Go back to Gold Standard

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »
Paladin
THANK YOU! You are my first defender, and I greatly appreciate that.

Actually, I was one of your first defenders.  I took your statements seriously and at face value and responded in kind.

Mod:  you -> your.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:08:47 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »
"Why don't you take issue with me instead of insulting me?"

PaleoConPrep did just that and did it masterfully. Nonetheless even after being completely owned you lash out with your usual venom.

"You're a kid. If you were my kid, I'd slap you across the face."

"Pat Buchanan is an anti-semite."

Why Mystery puts up with your constant negativism and vile attitude is simply beyond me.

Pat Buchanan IS an anti-semite.  William F. Buckley wrote a long essay in 1992 describing in detail how much of one.

She puts up with me because she puts up with you, too.

Every post you've put up about me lately has been filled with nothing but insults.  Nothing of substance.

So, pot-kettle-black.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 05:21:34 pm »
Sinkspur
So my age disqualifies me from being taken seriously? Shapiro started at 19. It's not my age. It's that you hate Old Right conservatism. You'd slap me across the face?  Do you realize how stupid you sound when you say stuff like that. What's you're definition of anti-Semite? An Anti-Semite is someone who calls for the murder of Jews. Buchanan has never done that.  If it's someone who verbally  attacks or dislikes Israel, then I'm an anti-semite.  Sorry, but the Jews aren't special. They can be criticized like anyone else. I agree with Schiff on gold. We need to go back to the Gold Standard.

Anti-semitism encompasses lots of attitudes.  Outright Jew hatred is one.  Denying certain elements of the Holocaust is another (Buchanan has done that).  Trashing Israel  and references to the "Israeli lobby" (which Pat has also done) are another indicator. So, yeah, Pat Buchanan is anti-semitic.

What do you dislike about Israel?  Is it because it's full of Jews?

Thankfully, there are so few paleos like you that there is no danger of you guys ever getting near the levers of power in the near or even distant future.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 05:38:59 pm »
John G. Schmitz. He was a Bircher.  He was a paleocon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz

I look at the real flesh and blood humans. Schmitz was a disaster as a person.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »
Sinkspur
ENOUGH with the obsession over Reagan and William F. Buckley. There's no doubt that the Jewish lobby in this country has great influence. There's nothing wrong with trashing Israel. My main issue with them is the way Bibi tries to make the middle eastern countries look evil, while making Israel look defenseless. Every time the leaders of Iran use dumb rhetoric like "Israel will not exist in 25 years" Bibi takes it seriously. This shows that he's either stupid or just wants war. Iran could NEVER do great harm to Israel. Iran is a 3rd world hellhole, while Israel is a first world country with nuclear weapons. If Iran attacked Israel, Israel could destroy them in an afternoon. You need to stop taking the dumb rhetoric of Iranian leaders seriously. I have no issue with Jews( I have a very good friend who is a Modern Orthodox Jew) NeoCons say, Israel is our only ally in the Middle East. It deeply saddens me when I see the U.S bomb  a wedding party in Afghanistan and kills 73, or when I see a strike on a hospital kill 22. There is NO EXCUSE for this kind of behavior. Whoever conducted those strikes ought to be severely punished.  Yet you never hear Neocons talk abou that. Don't you have a heart? In truth, Americas only ally is America. We have no business even being in the Middle East. PaleoCons do have power. Trump and Cruz are more Paleoconservative than NeoCon. The Constitution Party has 300k members.  It's NeoCons who should be worried. Libertarianism is also very popular among young Republicans.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »
Sinkspur
ENOUGH with the obsession over Reagan and William F. Buckley. There's no doubt that the Jewish lobby in this country has great influence. There's nothing wrong with trashing Israel. My main issue with them is the way Bibi tries to make the middle eastern countries look evil, while making Israel look defenseless. Every time the leaders of Iran use dumb rhetoric like "Israel will not exist in 25 years" Bibi takes it seriously. This shows that he's either stupid or just wants war. Iran could NEVER do great harm to Israel. Iran is a 3rd world hellhole, while Israel is a first world country with nuclear weapons. If Iran attacked Israel, Israel could destroy them in an afternoon. You need to stop taking the dumb rhetoric of Iranian leaders seriously. I have no issue with Jews( I have a very good friend who is a Modern Orthodox Jew) NeoCons say, Israel is our only ally in the Middle East. It deeply saddens me when I see the U.S bomb  a wedding party in Afghanistan and kills 73, or when I see a strike on a hospital kill 22. There is NO EXCUSE for this kind of behavior. Whoever conducted those strikes ought to be severely punished.  Yet you never hear Neocons talk abou that. Don't you have a heart? In truth, Americas only ally is America. We have no business even being in the Middle East. PaleoCons do have power. Trump and Cruz are more Paleoconservative than NeoCon. The Constitution Party has 300k members.  It's NeoCons who should be worried. Libertarianism is also very popular among young Republicans.

You can put people on ignore.  That way, you don't see their posts, unless someone includes them within a quote.  Sometimes a person's mind is so closed that the only reasonable response is to not respond.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »
My main issue with them is the way Bibi tries to make the middle eastern countries look evil, while making Israel look defenseless. Every time the leaders of Iran use dumb rhetoric like "Israel will not exist in 25 years" Bibi takes it seriously. This shows that he's either stupid or just wants war. Iran could NEVER do great harm to Israel. Iran is a 3rd world hellhole, while Israel is a first world country with nuclear weapons. If Iran attacked Israel, Israel could destroy them in an afternoon. You need to stop taking the dumb rhetoric of Iranian leaders seriously.

Kid - leave the Middle East stuff to people who actually know what they are talking about from first hand experience. OK?

Also - grab a history lesson or two. Better make it a dozen, really.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »
Truth-seeker
That's one person. Why don't you look at the JBS today. Try and read the New American once in a while.

Sinkspur
Put your dislike of PaleoCons aside, and watch Paul Gottfrieds lecture on the Jewish lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYPAvT-3Fvs
Also watch Pat Buchanan school Hanity on Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVA7JHawPlA
After you've watched these 2 videos, tell me what you think.