Author Topic: Trump Fires Warning Shot at RNC: 'That wasn't the deal'  (Read 1616 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Fires Warning Shot at RNC: 'That wasn't the deal'
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:36:59 am »

Trump Fires Warning Shot At RNC: ‘That Wasn’t The Deal!’

ALEX PAPPAS
Political Reporter

3:27 PM 11/23/2015

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is firing a warning shot at the Republican National Committee after it was reported that some establishment Republicans are forming an outside organization to try to harm his candidacy.

In a tweet on Monday, Trump referenced a recent Wall Street Journal article about these anti-Trump efforts, tagging the RNC’s official Twitter account, @GOP, in his complaint.

“@WSJ reports that @GOP getting ready to treat me unfairly—big spending planned against me,” Trump tweeted. “That wasn’t the deal!”

The Wall Street Journal report does not say that the RNC is involved. But the story says Liz Mair, the architect of the Trump Card LLC organization described in the article, once worked for the RNC.

The “deal” Trump is likely referring to is his agreement in September to sign a pledge not to run as an independent. He said at the time he was given the “assurance that I would be treated fairly” by RNC chairman Reince Priebus in return for signing the pledge.

The Wall Street Journal article referenced by Trump is titled “GOP Operative Plans ‘Guerrilla Campaign’ Against Donald Trump.”

“In the absence of our efforts, Trump is exceedingly unlikely to implode or be forced out of the race,” a memo from the Trump Card LLC states. “The stark reality is that unless something dramatic and unconventional is done, Trump will be the Republican nominee and Hillary Clinton will become president.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/23/trump-fires-warning-shot-at-rnc-that-wasnt-the-deal/#ixzz3sMfecxIs
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:37:39 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Fires Warning Shot at RNC: 'That wasn't the deal'
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:06 am »
I still think it's better than an even bet that he runs third party, regardless.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:13:17 am »
I still think it's better than an even bet that he runs third party, regardless.

In reality he can't run on some states due to sore loser laws..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:14:37 am »

You assume he wants to win the presidency.

If he runs 3rd party, we'll know he was never serious about winning the presidency.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:15:27 am »
You assume he wants to win the presidency.

If he runs 3rd party, we'll know he was never serious about winning the presidency.

True..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:20:33 am »
You are really gangbusters tonight sink...even after you told me last night that the anti Trump posts would lessen..you must be in some sort of orgasmic heaven posting all these threads...have you noticed that it's just you and kevin..you ran everyone else off...  or you are on their ignore list and don't see anything you post.

I am tired of giving you chances to calm down..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:29:16 am »
You are really gangbusters tonight sink...even after you told me last night that the anti Trump posts would lessen..you must be in some sort of orgasmic heaven posting all these threads...have you noticed that it's just you and kevin..you ran everyone else off...  or you are on their ignore list and don't see anything you post.

So this is a pro Trump site now??

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:09 am »

I am posting articles and commenting on them. 

If others decide to ignore me, isn't that their right?  Can I help it that Trump generates multiple articles per day? 

If you ban me because I am posting threads from reputable sources and commenting on them, then it's clear that this forum is no longer a place for the free exchange of ideas.

I'm very calm. 

Trump provides a target rich environment.  If you're going to selectively decide that I can't post any articles about Trump, nor comment on them, how fair is that?

Other posters should be challenged to post articles they find interesting. 

Are you telling me I'm being voted off the island?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:34:50 am »

I'm very calm. 

Trump provides a target rich environment.  If you're going to selectively decide that I can't post any articles about Trump, nor comment on them, how fair is that?

Other posters should be challenged to post articles they find interesting. 

Are you telling me I'm being voted off the island?

I hope not!   

It would be a net loss to the forum.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:49:22 am »
Well, all I can say is the more you keep harping on all this stuff that bugs you so much, the more Trump's lead expands (coincidence?😄) and the wider his margin is over your guy...who is your guy anyway (I know Kevin's is Rubio - who I think is an outstanding candidate btw)?  I hear you going wildly negative on candidates - attempting to tear them and their supporters down in terms that surpass even Trump's wildness - but I never, ever, hear you make the case for your guy...for all we can tell here, you don't like any candidate except by your silence about them.  That's a bit passive-aggressive, don't you think?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:54:21 am »
I hope not!   

It would be a net loss to the forum.

I'm sure Myst is getting tired of the pacifier-suckers filling her email box with complaints about me.  Running to momma seems to be an Olympic Sport around here.

I don't mean to cause problems.  She's given me a home here and I appreciate it.  I know I can be difficult at times but I am not going to be relegated to the amen corner on any issue.

I don't like Trump and think he would be a disaster as president.  He's a charlatan, who would govern as a Democrat if he's elected. His campaign promises are worthless.

But, hey, that's my opinion.  It's no better or worse than anybody else's. 

But I'd like to be able to express it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 01:54:56 am »
I hope so. You clearly have an obvious agenda to dominate this site by commenting on every post by every member with an anti-Trump tirade. I have seen you comment 3 or 4 times in a row many times, when you were the only one posting. Obviously, you were deliberately scrolling off posts you didn't like leaving only your posts showing and, as always, on top.

I was slow to believe it, but now I do believe that the poster sinkspur is acting with deliberate intent to damage this site, by constantly flooding it with his message, so that only his opinion is visible, just by sheer volume of posts.

This has become the all sinkspur, all the time, website. He is using it like it is his own personal Facebook page. And, I do believe that any other site would have shut him down a long time ago, so that maybe someone else might have something to say once in a while, and can post without fear of being insulted, ridiculed, or mocked.

That is a yes from me. Either he goes, or change the name of the site to The Sinkspur Briefing Room, because that is what it has become.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 01:58:46 am »
Well, all I can say is the more you keep harping on all this stuff that bugs you so much, the more Trump's lead expands (coincidence?😄) and the wider his margin is over your guy...who is your guy anyway (I know Kevin's is Rubio - who I think is an outstanding candidate btw)?  I hear you going wildly negative on candidates - attempting to tear them and their supporters down in terms that surpass even Trump's wildness - but I never, ever, hear you make the case for your guy...for all we can tell here, you don't like any candidate except by your silence about them.  That's a bit passive-aggressive, don't you think?

I like Rubio.  Always have.  He's solid on foreign policy and could work well with Congress.

I don't go "wildly negative on candidates."  I go negative on Trump because he's a Democrat who wouldn't dare challenge Hillary so he puts up this conservative facade (he voted for Obama) in order to suck in supporters.  He IS a consummate marketer and knows how to sell. So I'm not surprised those who can be sold are sold.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 02:02:56 am »
I hope so. You clearly have an obvious agenda to dominate this site by commenting on every post by every member with an anti-Trump tirade. I have seen you comment 3 or 4 times in a row many times, when you were the only one posting. Obviously, you were deliberately scrolling off posts you didn't like leaving only your posts showing and, as always, on top.

I was slow to believe it, but now I do believe that the poster sinkspur is acting with deliberate intent to damage this site, by constantly flooding it with his message, so that only his opinion is visible, just by sheer volume of posts.

This has become the all sinkspur, all the time, website. He is using it like it is his own personal Facebook page. And, I do believe that any other site would have shut him down a long time ago, so that maybe someone else might have something to say once in a while, and can post without fear of being insulted, ridiculed, or mocked.

That is a yes from me. Either he goes, or change the name of the site to The Sinkspur Briefing Room, because that is what it has become.

There is an ignore option here. Why you haven't taken it vis-a-vis me just astounds me.  Especially you.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 02:03:48 am »
I'm sure Myst is getting tired of the pacifier-suckers filling her email box with complaints about me.  Running to momma seems to be an Olympic Sport around here.

I don't mean to cause problems.  She's given me a home here and I appreciate it.  I know I can be difficult at times but I am not going to be relegated to the amen corner on any issue.

I don't like Trump and think he would be a disaster as president.  He's a charlatan, who would govern as a Democrat if he's elected. His campaign promises are worthless.

For my part, I think you should express your opinion here but I think you are way more than a one-note singer, I'd like to see you make the case for who you support (or are considering supporting) as opposed to the same missives against one or two candidates.  For something or someone...instead of just against.

I have never once private mailed Myst or anyone else regarding your posts...or anyone or anything ever, except my birthday greetings.

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 02:14:37 am »

She hasn't gotten a single PM from me and the problem isn't Myst or the people who PM her! The PROBLEM is YOU thinking that if you beat folks about the head and shoulders enough you will change their minds!   

It ain't working and you need to stop it RIGHT NOW!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 02:18:17 am »
She hasn't gotten a single PM from me and the problem isn't Myst or the people who PM her! The PROBLEM is YOU thinking that if you beat folks about the head and shoulders enough you will change their minds!   

It ain't working and you need to stop it RIGHT NOW!

Bigun, I ain't beating anybody up.  If they think they're getting beat up, they might need some safe spaces to nurse their microagressions.

I had you on ignore for a year. I don't now.  But anybody who doesn't like what I say can put me on ignore and will never see a thing I say.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 02:23:44 am »
Bigun, I ain't beating anybody up.  If they think they're getting beat up, they might need some safe spaces to nurse their microagressions.

I had you on ignore for a year. I don't now.  But anybody who doesn't like what I say can put me on ignore and will never see a thing I say.

OK Sink! Carry on!  Just remember that I tried!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 02:25:39 am »
Same here. I've never complained to myst about anyone, ever.

But, I don't like using the ignore function either. I prefer deliberately scrolling past obnoxious comment. How do I know it's obnoxious without reading it? It's posted by sink or kevy, natch.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:14 am »
Same here. I've never complained to myst about anyone, ever.

But, I don't like using the ignore function either. I prefer deliberately scrolling past obnoxious comment. How do I know it's obnoxious without reading it? It's posted by sink or kevy, natch.

3rd party, aligncare.  Your boy is threatening to bolt to 3rd party if he "isn't treated fairly."  Will you put Hillary in the White House by following Trump to a 3rd party bid?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:30:42 am by sinkspur »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 03:20:36 am »
240b wrote above:
"That is a yes from me. Either he goes, or change the name of the site to The Sinkspur Briefing Room, because that is what it has become."

Just put him on "ignore".

I did it with the now-gone "Godzilla" (did he leave on his own, or was he banned?).

Actually, I considered putting sinkspur on ignore, but have refrained from doing so. Once in a while -- once in a very great while -- he posts something that I actually agree with!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 07:16:58 pm »

So this is a pro Trump site now??

Hey, you are finally getting it. :shrug:

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »
I’m going to have to see what happens. I will see what happens. I have to be treated fairly,” Trump said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” when asked about a new guerrilla effort by operatives within the Republican Party to derail Trump’s candidacy.

So let me get this straight. Everyone has to be loyal to the GOPe while the GOPe can be treacherous scumbags all they want.

Here is an idea. Quit shooting at our side and go after Hillary and the Dems GOPe Rovebots.

Really moronic tactics to declare war on your own voters GOPe

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 07:27:11 pm »

So you are perfectly OK with the GOPe violating the rules of the agreement with Trump?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 08:25:11 pm »
So you are perfectly OK with the GOPe violating the rules of the agreement with Trump?

Trump is just itching to find an excuse to run third party so he can play the victim and blame the GOP for Hillary winning the White House.

All this bellyaching is just proof that Trump is not serious about winning the presidency.  This campaign is an ego trip for him.

What a baby!!