Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9698 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2015, 09:08:30 pm »
Just another attempted media lyncing of a black conservative and the root cause in nothing other than the fact that he managed to leave their plantation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2015, 09:09:38 pm »
So???  Yikes, alice.  That proves nothing.  It doesn't say what kind of an 'offer.'  He had a conversation.  Period.

Why are you so anxious to indict Carson on this, when you know full well what the leftist MO is against a threat to them?

So, you think he has 'weird ideas.'  Does that justify a leftist lynching?

Not indicting him.  I don't think he lied, I think he was mistaken. 

He's running for president - he'd better get used to this.  When they lied about Romney - was that a "lynching" too?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2015, 09:09:46 pm »
Yet Hillary Clintoon, a lawyer, SIGNED  an NDA with the State Department which clearly laid out the possible penalties for non compliance and which she CLEARLY violated many times over and what do we get from the MSM? 

{{{{{{{{{{{{Crickets}}}}}}}}}}}}}

In no way am I defending the liberal media. I am not saying it's right and it is very unfortunate, but the media is liberal biased and every Republican candidate  is held to a higher standard.  He needs to defend himself.  It could be very well that he misunderstood what he was told or he may have been misquoted.  With this much publicity he needs to clarify things. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »
Just another attempted media lyncing of a black conservative and the root cause in nothing other than the fact that he managed to leave their plantation!

That is exactly what's happening here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2015, 09:12:24 pm »

Carson explaining his side of the story at this very moment with Hannity.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2015, 09:13:33 pm »
Not indicting him.  I don't think he lied, I think he was mistaken. 

He's running for president - he'd better get used to this.  When they lied about Romney - was that a "lynching" too?

He'll clarify.  He'll tell the truth.  But the damage has been done because the smear is so widespread.  (Even on Fox).

As for his 'getting used to this' I'm sure he already is.  He's been called a 'coon,' he's had his religion smeared, has been laughed at, attacked by the View hyenas, and done very well.

And the use of the word "lynching"............. you know exactly where it's coming from.  And if you have a problem with its use, write to Rush.  I was quoting him.  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2015, 09:14:18 pm »

Thanks, aligncare!  :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2015, 09:17:05 pm »
He'll clarify.  He'll tell the truth.  But the damage has been done because the smear is so widespread.  (Even on Fox).

As for his 'getting used to this' I'm sure he already is.  He's been called a 'coon,' he's had his religion smeared, has been laughed at, attacked by the View hyenas, and done very well.

And the use of the word "lynching"............. you know exactly where it's coming from.  And if you have a problem with its use, write to Rush.  I was quoting him.  **nononono*

I winced when Rush said it too.  That implies that any criticism or smear of Carson stems from racist intent - the same thing the left does with Obama.  They would do this same thing to a white Republican - they have to the other candidates too.

It doesn't further our side to accuse this of being a "lynching".  That's sad.

Online libertybele

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2015, 09:20:25 pm »
There is a lot of time to find out if he has what it takes to be President (I'm still not sure either), but you know one thing...  when the left comes after him like this, they perceive that he is a REAL threat to Hillary.

That's why they have to take him out.  And the sooner the better for Hillary's sake.  He's clobbering her in the polls.

Even more reason for him to go on record and defend himself.  If he were to publicly claim that he misunderstood what he was told, or he was misquoted, etc., it going to be darn difficult for them to prove otherwise.  He has to fire back at them.

As for the polls, I have a feeling that Hillary is doing a lot worse than is being reported; but that is strictly just my opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 09:21:27 pm »
I winced when Rush said it too.  That implies that any criticism or smear of Carson stems from racist intent - the same thing the left does with Obama.  They would do this same thing to a white Republican - they have to the other candidates too.

I'm sorry Alice but I have to disagree with you again on this! Calling this a lynching is calling it EXACTLY what it is! And it is primarily motivated byt the FACT that Ben Carson is a black man in America not toeing the party line! They simply CANNOTY allow that to happen successfully! If they do they are DONE!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 09:21:44 pm »

Thank you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 09:26:22 pm »
They successfully destroyed Herman Cain - another black conservative American - last election cycle so I KNEW this would be coming. Was expecting it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:37 pm »
I like the guy, but he's turning out to be a liar and a crackpot with even minimal vetting.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-west-point-215598?cmpid=sf

Before we spend any more time of Politico smear jobs we need this question answered by Politco. There is an "air of desperation" wafting around DC these days, centered on Politco.

West Point told ABC news there is no way to prove, or disprove, Dr Carson's statements about West Point.

If there is no evidence from West Point, what is the source for Politicos much repeated smear of Dr Carson?

Think the American People have a right to know who gave Politico this fraudulent information? Politico needs to provide their evidence because right now there is NOTHING to back up their accusation.

Seems we might have Rathergate 2.0 brewing here

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2015, 09:28:36 pm »
Even more reason for him to go on record and defend himself.  If he were to publicly claim that he misunderstood what he was told, or he was misquoted, etc., it going to be darn difficult for them to prove otherwise.  He has to fire back at them.

As for the polls, I have a feeling that Hillary is doing a lot worse than is being reported; but that is strictly just my opinion.

He also smacked down CNN on this pretty hard too.

Before we spend any more time of Politico smear jobs we need this question answered by Politco. There is an "air of desperation" wafting around DC these days, centered on Politco.

West Point told ABC news there is no way to prove, or disprove, Dr Carson's statements about West Point.

If there is no evidence from West Point, what is the source for Politicos much repeated smear of Dr Carson?

Think the American People have a right to know who gave Politico this fraudulent information? Politico needs to provide their evidence because right now there is NOTHING to back up their accusation.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2015, 09:29:37 pm »
I listened and Carson did very well. Any lasting impact to this smear remains to be seen.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:32:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2015, 09:30:55 pm »

Absolutely!  But no one will ask politico a single question aobut their sources for this smear!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »

It's an apt description, which is why I used it here.

The attacks on Carson from the left ARE racially motivated.  He is not behaving as he should, and worse than that, he is gaining popularity as he goes against the leftist demands for unanimity among blacks.

The left needs to destroy Carson, and that is exactly what's happening here.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »
I listened and Carson did very well. Any lasting impact to get this smear remains to be seen.

By the time I turned it on, they were already on the absolutely ridiculous attack on his temper.  Can you briefly explain what he said??

(btw, I had a ferocious temper as a pre-adolescent, which NO one saw except those closest to me.  If people interviewed every teacher I ever had, or Jr. High friend, and everyone I knew at church, no one would say I had a temper.  The left is STUPID in trying to attack Carson as a liar).

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2015, 09:33:44 pm »
I'm sorry Alice but I have to disagree with you again on this! Calling this a lynching is calling it EXACTLY what it is! And it is primarily motivated byt the FACT that Ben Carson is a black man in America not toeing the party line! They simply CANNOTY allow that to happen successfully! If they do they are DONE!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this Bigun.  The View has gone after Carly -CNN has gone after Trump - this is not race-based.  It's PARTY based. 

I've heard so many on the left say that our antagonism against Obama is simply because he is a black man in the White House.  It's ridiculous when we say it too. 

Carson can stop this by saying he was mistaken, but I heard him on Hannity and he doubled down that Politico was lying.  If what he say is true, I expect him to file a lawsuit against them - but I'd bet that doesn't happen.  I just don't think he has the political instincts to beat them at their own game. 

Nice guy though.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:29 pm »
It's an apt description, which is why I used it here.

The attacks on Carson from the left ARE racially motivated.  He is not behaving as he should, and worse than that, he is gaining popularity as he goes against the leftist demands for unanimity among blacks.

The left needs to destroy Carson, and that is exactly what's happening here.

They HAD to get rid of Allen West! They HAD to destroy Herman Cain! And they HAVE to destroy Ben Carson!  It's a mater of survival for them! Simple as that!

Can't have smart, well spoken, successful  blacks straying off the reservation!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:36:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2015, 09:35:00 pm »
Absolutely!  But no one will ask politico a single question aobut their sources for this smear!

Someday there will be a movie made about taking Carson down that will glorify Politico for outing him, and not mention the fact that they, like Rather, made the whole thing up.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2015, 09:36:51 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on this Bigun.  The View has gone after Carly -CNN has gone after Trump - this is not race-based.  It's PARTY based. 

I've heard so many on the left say that our antagonism against Obama is simply because he is a black man in the White House.  It's ridiculous when we say it too. 

Carson can stop this by saying he was mistaken, but I heard him on Hannity and he doubled down that Politico was lying.  If what he say is true, I expect him to file a lawsuit against them - but I'd bet that doesn't happen.  I just don't think he has the political instincts to beat them at their own game. 

Nice guy though.

Exactly what the Founders had in mind.  A citizen leader.  It's his strength, not his weakness.

And it's one of the reasons he's still in my top five choices.

I have the feeling he'll do just fine on this because he's telling the truth, and Politico is lying.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2015, 09:39:55 pm »
They HAD to get rid of Allen West! They HAD to destroy Herman Cain! And they HAVE to destroy Ben Carson!  It's a mater of survival for them! Simple as that!

Can't have smart, well spoken, successful  blacks straying off the reservation!

And before that Clarence Thomas, not to mention Condi Rice (both STILL being attacked by the left).

If this vile lie fails, they'll try something else.

Hopefully enough people are wise to their tactics.  Probably not, but maybe????    :0001:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2015, 09:42:11 pm »
And before that Clarence Thomas, not to mention Condi Rice (both STILL being attacked by the left).

If this vile lie fails, they'll try something else.

Hopefully enough people are wise to their tactics.  Probably not, but maybe????    :0001:

Unfortunately nowhere near enough but we have to try!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2015, 09:46:44 pm »
By the way, because I was not familiar with the process that West Point uses, I looked it up.  If anyone is interested, this site describes it. 

http://www.west-point.org/academy/malo-wa/educators/noms.html

I'll repeat that I do believe Carson believes he received an offer from West Point - but I think it was more that he received an offer from people that said they would help him through the process.  IF West Point made the offer - they would have a record of that.  When he said "I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point." - I think he was mistaken in wording it that way.

It's no big deal and is easily explained away.  He needs some good advisers to take him through this.