Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9695 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »
I didn't initiate the post and before I replied to it I checked out several news sources and before I could even finish, it was being reported that he admitted to the lie.  As for me spreading it around, I didn't have to as the story is a "media frenzy" right now.  As I have stated previously, if he didn't lie, he needs to do some damage control as now news sources are saying that his campaign has admitted to the lie. Either he lied or he didn't.  If I was in his position and I was completely innocent I would be on the defensive and certainly publicly declare my innocence.  If he's innocent he doesn't have to prove anything.  If he's lying, that's a whole different story.

The only redeeming thing is right now at least he has admitted to lying and he hasn't used another lie to cover up this one.

You called Ben Carson a liar on this thread.  You spread the leftist lie around.  You did what Politico wanted you to do.

My guess is that you want him to be a "liar" (like you believe Rubio is) in order to prop up your candidate of choice.

That's part of the problem with being emotionally invested in a single candidate in the primary.

You tend to believe anything negative about the other candidates, and it makes it easy for the left to lead you around by the nose.

Which they have succeeded in doing today.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2015, 08:43:31 pm »
There's no doubt this is a hit piece by Politico and unless they have a recording or email or some other evidence that Carson admitted to fabricating the story - they can't prove that his campaign conceded that.

However, when you are running for president - your past words are fair game (if you're a Republican) and I read what Carson said in August on his Facebook about this story - and I don't believe he was consciously lying - but, by his own words - what he says is not technically true.

This is what Carson wrote on Facebook in August:

The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school.

Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point. But I knew medicine is what I wanted to do. So I applied to only one school. (it was all the money I had). I applied to Yale and thank God they accepted me. I often wonder what might have happened had they said no.

He DOES say he received an offer from West Point.  West Point disputes that. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2015, 08:44:51 pm »
If Bewn Carson was a democrat there would BE no story!  That's all anyone needs to know!

Just anoter in a long line of media lynchings!

He is being Clarence Thomas'd.  They are attacking his integrity in order to destroy him.

Another electronic lynching, indeed.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »
There's no doubt this is a hit piece by Politico and unless they have a recording or email or some other evidence that Carson admitted to fabricating the story - they can't prove that his campaign conceded that.

However, when you are running for president - your past words are fair game (if you're a Republican) and I read what Carson said in August on his Facebook about this story - and I don't believe he was consciously lying - but, by his own words - what he says is not technically true.

He says he received a verbal offer, which he did.

There is nothing nefarious about any of this............. unless you want it to be.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2015, 08:47:41 pm »
That's the goal of the left, libertybele.  Remember it's not the TRUTH that matters, but the "seriousness of the charge."

They make it up.  They spread it around.  People believe it.  And a person's character is destroyed by the lie.

Now Carson has to "prove" he didn't say what he didn't say.

He even has to prove it to you, because you already believe he's a liar and have spread it around.

The left has succeeded in their goal.

Isn't it remarkable how when it comes to a Democrat, neither the truth nor the "serious of the charge" matter at all. Ever.

Democrats never have to "prove" their innocence, because it is already presumed, as are bad motivations of the part of their accusers.

And even if the weight of the evidence proves so overwhelming that even Democrats cannot help but admit the culpability of the person in question, then the excuses begin. It doesn't matter. It's old news. Others did worse. They were forced into it. I had a flat tire. My suit didn't come back from the laundry. A friend came in from out of town. There was an earthquake. A tornado. A terrible flood!!...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2015, 08:48:07 pm »

One does not recieve offers from West Point or any other military academy in the U.S. What people DO recieve are appointments to the various academies that carry with them long term commitments to whatever branch of service proffers the appointment and people turn them down all the time because of their unwillingness to make those long term commitments.

I strongly suspect that Ben Carson simply misunderstood what General Wesmoreland said to him over dinner back then.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:49:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »
I wasn't a big Ben supporter before this.  Now, I may be.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:23 pm »
Isn't it remarkable how when it comes to a Democrat, neither the truth nor the "serious of the charge" matter at all. Ever.

Democrats never have to "prove" their innocence, because it is already presumed, as are bad motivations of the part of their accusers.

And even if the weight of the evidence proves so overwhelming that even Democrats cannot help but admit the culpability of the person in question, then the excuses begin. It doesn't matter. It's old news. Others did worse. They were forced into it. I had a flat tire. My suit didn't come back from the laundry. A friend came in from out of town. There was an earthquake. A tornado. A terrible flood!!...

My dog ate my homework.....

Any old excuse will do if you're a Democrat.

But if you're a Republican, once the charge has been made, you are guilty.  Politico knows this, as do all the media outlets that led their news with the lie today.

The count on the ignorance of the American people.  And unfortunately, they have it.....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »
Carson doesn't have any record and he has to give voters a reason as to why they should should elect him president. In evaluating him we have no choice but to look at him as an individual; his character, the way he speaks, the way he presents himself, etc.,  because there’s nothing else. Some parts of his personal story may be relevant or irrelevant to that assessment. Therefore, whether or not what he says is credible could make or break his chances of becoming president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2015, 08:52:04 pm »
One does not recieve offers from West Point or any other military academy in the U.S. What people DO recieve are appointments to the various academies that carry with them long term commitments to whatever branch of service proffers the appointment and people turn them down all the time because of their unwillingness to make those long term commitments.

I strongly suspect that Ben Carson simply misunderstood what General Wesmoreland said to him over dinner back then.

Only a Republican would be condemned for a mistake made as a High School Senior.....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2015, 08:52:11 pm »
I wasn't a big Ben supporter before this.  Now, I may be.

Still not inclined to vote for him as our presidential nominee but I WILL defend him on this at every turn!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2015, 08:53:21 pm »
Carson doesn't have any record and he has to give voters a reason as to why they should should elect him president. In evaluating him we have no choice but to look at him as an individual; his character, the way he speaks, the way he presents himself, etc.,  because there’s nothing else. Some parts of his personal story may be relevant or irrelevant to that assessment. Therefore, whether or not what he says is credible could make or break his chances of becoming president.

And that is why the left lies about him, and calls him vile names.  They want to destroy his credibility.

And as I have said, SHAME on those who trust the leftist media over ANY one of our candidates.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »

There is nothing nefarious about any of this............. unless you want it to be.

I'm sorry musiclady - but nowhere in that Facebook quote does he say this was a "verbal offer". 

I think he made a mistake in his telling of it - nothing more/nothing less.  If his campaign did say he fabricated it - another BIG mistake.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2015, 08:55:02 pm »
Only a Republican would be condemned for a mistake made as a High School Senior.....

Yet Hillary Clintoon, a lawyer, SIGNED  an NDA with the State Department which clearly laid out the possible penalties for non compliance and which she CLEARLY violated many times over and what do we get from the MSM? 

{{{{{{{{{{{{Crickets}}}}}}}}}}}}}

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »
Still not inclined to vote for him as our presidential nominee but I WILL defend him on this at every turn!

There is a lot of time to find out if he has what it takes to be President (I'm still not sure either), but you know one thing...  when the left comes after him like this, they perceive that he is a REAL threat to Hillary.

That's why they have to take him out.  And the sooner the better for Hillary's sake.  He's clobbering her in the polls.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2015, 08:57:11 pm »

I completely agree with you Bigun.  He took it as an offer from West Point - but it wasn't.  Even with someone sponsoring you, you still have to apply and go through interviews, etc - before you are accepted. 

He needs to just say he was mistaken. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2015, 08:58:46 pm »
I'm sorry musiclady - but nowhere in that Facebook quote does he say this was a "verbal offer". 

I think he made a mistake in his telling of it - nothing more/nothing less.  If his campaign did say he fabricated it - another BIG mistake.

They didn't fabricate anything.  There's more to what happened than the Facebook story.

It was a conversation that he had as a star ROTC student in Detroit at a dinner with Westmoreland.  He never said he applied to West Point and he never said he went there.  He never claimed to have anything in writing.

The fabrication is completely on the side of the left.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »

Exactly!

Or as George Orwell put it all those many years ago "All the pigs are equal but some of the pigs are more equal than others!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2015, 09:01:16 pm »
Yet Hillary Clintoon, a lawyer, SIGNED  an NDA with the State Department which clearly laid out the possible penalties for non compliance and which she CLEARLY violated many times over and what do we get from the MSM? 

{{{{{{{{{{{{Crickets}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Yep.  She's immune to criticism from the MSM.

And the vile, hate-filled liars on the left are running with this story like there's no tomorrow.

It's nothing more than a smear campaign against someone who is threatening their beloved Hillary's reign.

I really do hate them.

Offline Carling

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

Then he needs to get in front of cameras RIGHT NOW and vehemently and vigorously defend himself, and call out Ben Shapiro as a liar in the most aggressive of terms.

NOW!!!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2015, 09:01:39 pm »
They didn't fabricate anything.  There's more to what happened than the Facebook story.

It was a conversation that he had as a star ROTC student in Detroit at a dinner with Westmoreland.  He never said he applied to West Point and he never said he went there.  He never claimed to have anything in writing.

The fabrication is completely on the side of the left.

was thrilled to get an offer from West Point

Those are his words.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »
I completely agree with you Bigun.  He took it as an offer from West Point - but it wasn't.  Even with someone sponsoring you, you still have to apply and go through interviews, etc - before you are accepted. 

He needs to just say he was mistaken.

NO Alice It is not always necessary for one to apply.  In fact many times it isn't.  I myself was appointed to WestPoint completely without any knowledge or action on my part by my commanding office in Vietnam. Unfortunately by the time that appointment caught up to me I was already married and inelligable to attend.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:06:15 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »
Those are his words.

So???  Yikes, alice.  That proves nothing.  It doesn't say what kind of an 'offer.'  He had a conversation.  Period.

Why are you so anxious to indict Carson on this, when you know full well what the leftist MO is against a threat to them?

So, you think he has 'weird ideas.'  Does that justify a leftist lynching?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:43 pm »
Those are his words.

Again, I beleive he simply misunderstood what General Westmoreland said to him.  Nothing more than that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »

It's possible both parties overplayed their story; politico theirs and Carson his. But, Carson was writing a book. Supposedly, Politico disseminates "news."

Hannity will be speaking to Carson in minutes...always good to hear directly from the candidate.