Author Topic: Paul Singer, Influential Billionaire, Throws Support to Marco Rubio for President  (Read 5015 times)

Offline musiclady

musiclady wrote:
"I know he's been all over the map, but he has never been for open borders"

Rubio signed onto "the gang of eight" for immigration "reform" (i.e., amnesty) a few years' back.

He's since tried to cover his tracks.

But he is not ever to be trusted, particularly on immigration.

Sure, he looks nice, speaks well. Same as that guy who ran (and won) back in 2008.

It's no accident that he's got support from open borders folks with deep pockets!

I still object to the use of the term "open borders" for anyone who advocates immigration reform.

Even though I disagree with what they're advocating, it's important to me that accuracy be involved in the discussion of the issue.

And a single donor's position doesn't necessarily represent the view of the person they're donating to.  If that were a requirement, then no one would receive money from anyone who didn't agree with them 100% on issues.

It's neither realistic, nor rational to demand that of donors, and I don't expect that of any of the candidates.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 02:28:21 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just to point out something - Singer has never picked wrong yet. He's ALWAYS backed the eventual nominee. Don't know if it's luck, judgement, he starts a moneycane, or what, but he's not been wrong about who gets the eventual nomination yet.

What I find most interesting is that he blanked Jeb. The article attempts to justify it, but it's some petty shit they are using there and a bit of a stretch.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink