Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi..10am est  (Read 17557 times)

Offline flowers

Watching the commentary on the Five, and just need to say that I think Juan Williams may be the dumbest Democrat tool in the universe...
He got worse after he was kicked of PBS.

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer Retweeted
K Honesty ‏@ubeaccountable2 3m3 minutes ago

@AmyKremer @RepAdamSchiff Sir 4 men were killed. It was not a tragedy. It was murder. Tragedies cut be prevented. Schiff politics over facts
View conversation
1 retweet 1 favorite

Offline flowers

5:40 PM: Westmoreland grills Clinton on why the Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST) was not deployed to Benghazi to rescue Chris Stevens while he was under attack.

Clinton ultimately says that she was “responsible for quite a bit” but she was not responsible for “specific security requests and decisions. That was not something I was responsible for.”

Not her fault.........unless it helps her.

Offline flowers

She is truly nauseating  her voice changes to sad clinton.   Yikes...the question...who raised the video

Offline flowers

LOL....your story is privately different than what you told the public about video

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 5m5 minutes ago

Where was POTUS during all of this and what role did he play? Someone needs to ask the ? #BenghaziHearing
4 retweets 3 favorites
Amy Kremer Retweeted

another wonderful question not asked.

Offline aligncare

another wonderful question not asked.

Obama was OFF THE GRID for something like 7 hours...that's what we get for electing a party boy, an unserious person.

Online mountaineer

5:40 PM: Westmoreland grills Clinton on why the Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST) was not deployed to Benghazi to rescue Chris Stevens while he was under attack.

Clinton ultimately says that she was “responsible for quite a bit” but she was not responsible for “specific security requests and decisions. That was not something I was responsible for.”

Not her fault.........unless it helps her.
Remember when even Democrats said, "The buck stops here"?

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 5m5 minutes ago

Where was POTUS during all of this and what role did he play?
I would bet money the so-called POTUS was 1) doing drugs; and 2) engaging in homosexual activity (with Reggie Love or someone else) while all this was going on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

I posted the name wrong....Jim Jordan he was good!

Offline flowers

Good grief, when did Brett Beir show turn to the dark side? Had to change to the Cnn.

Offline flowers

Cnn now blaming Stevens.

Offline flowers

hil said assets to far away to help, if so why did Woods send up a signal if nothing was near?

Offline flowers

6:10 PM: Clinton tries to explain/spin that “there is no contradiction” regarding the administration’s spin that there was “no pre-planned attack” and the experts in Libya finding that there was a “well-planned attack.” She says that when the video footage of the attack arrived on September 18, “we needed to revisit our analysis” and the “CIA changed its assessment” of the attacks.

6:05 PM: Clinton: “I believe to this day the video played a role” in the Benghazi attacks.

Jordan tells her the experts do not.

5:58 PM:
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH)
94%
to Clinton: “You Raised the Video”

In response to Clinton’s comments about some Members of Congress having raised the YouTube video, Jordan points out that Clinton raised the video in her initial statement at 10:08 PM EST on the night of the attacks about an “inflammatory video posted on the Internet.”Jordan notes that Clinton said that an inflammatory video “caused vicious behavior” that led to the death of four Americans.

Clinton then reads her initial statement in full and claims there was “no cause” and “no motive” presented in her statement.

Jordan again emphasizes that “what bothers us” is that Clinton told friends and other foreign leaders that the attacks were terrorism while leading the American public to believe it was a “spontaneous” attack in response to a YouTube video.

“Privately your story was much different than it was publicly,” Jordan tells her. “Your story privately is much different that what you were telling the American people…. That’s what bothers us.”

Here’s the State Department’s initial statement on the Benghazi attacks that Jordan was referencing:

I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on our mission in Benghazi today. As we work to secure our personnel and facilities, we have confirmed that one of our State Department officers was killed. We are heartbroken by this terrible loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and those who have suffered in this attack.

This evening, I called Libyan President Magariaf to coordinate additional support to protect Americans in Libya. President Magariaf expressed his condemnation and condolences and pledged his government’s full cooperation.

Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.

In light of the events of today, the United States government is working with partner countries around the world to protect our personnel, our missions, and American citizens worldwide.

5:48 PM:
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)
14%
tries to paint Blumenthal, who reportedly was the last person Clinton spoke to before her first national television interviews during the Monica Lewinsky affair, was just an annoying acquaintance who sent her unsolicited advice regarding Libya.  Clinton, though, encouraged Blumenthal to send her the “unsolicited emails.” He says the Benghazi Committee called Clinton to testify because she is running for president and has “high poll numbers.”

Offline flowers

Anyone here? 

Offline EdinVA

Anyone here?

Only us crickets.....
I can only take so much clinton... then i gotta find some tums...

Online mountaineer

A few relevant tweets:

Brian Cates @drawandstrike
So Hillary is telling the TRUTH to the Egyptian PM about the #Benghazi attack while at the same time LYING to the Americna people about it.

Charles Patricoff ‏@Patricoff 7m7 minutes ago
@hughhewitt Question: Was Chelsea Clinton Cleared (requisite need to know) to receive Benghazi attack information from HRC?

J.C. Derrick ‏@jcderrick1 38m38 minutes ago
Crazy verbal acrobats right there: HRC says video played a role while simultaneously insisting she never said that it did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Anyone here?

Reading thread, listening to testimony streaming on C-span radio, and breaking away to Mark Levin's show occasionally!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Anyone here?

I just got home, catching up on the thread.  Awesome posting flowers!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
mystery-ak, alicewonders, aligncare, EdinVA, musiclady and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 2h2 hours ago

Secretary Clinton's reaction when she wasn't feigning concern for the murder of four Americans... #BengahziHearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just got home, catching up on the thread.  Awesome posting flowers!

In and out. Thankful for flowers running commentary here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 2h2 hours ago

Secretary Clinton's reaction when she wasn't feigning concern for the murder of four Americans... #BengahziHearing

Yeah, she's putting on a real good performance.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm here. Got two tabs open for TBR, and alternating between them while doing email
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

6:40 PM: Clinton, in response to Roskam, says her “responsibility” to Benghazi was to be briefed, to discuss with the security and policy experts whether “we would have a post in Benghazi, whether we would continue it, whether we would make it permanently.” She insists that nobody recommended closing the Benghazi post and claims there were “many affirmative responses” to requests for more security. Clinton implies that it was Stevens’s responsibility to get more security because “ambassadors are the ones who pass on security recommendations and requests.”

Offline flowers

OK will keep posting as long as people are following.