Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Hillary Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi..10am est  (Read 17550 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Probably waiting for that **** Cummings to run out of breath. Could be another hour.

Self edited. Sorry, he's one I can't abide.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:59:53 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Probably waiting for that **** Cummings to run out of breath. Could be another hour.

Yep. That's what party loyalty looks like, and it ain't pretty. People aught to be raised to prize truth above all else. How naïve a notion.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :beer:

Point taken.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

thank you all......I was just going to stop doing this thread because didn't think anyone else was here.

Wow, coulda sworn I was on here with you for a couple of hours and made some small contribution

Apparently not.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline flowers

:laugh:

Offline flowers

2:05 pm
    Add a Comment

And they’re back. That’s Alabama Republican Martha Roby asking the questions to Clinton.

Offline flowers

cummings up......so more fluff for hil.

Offline flowers

HarrisFaulkner ‏@HARRISFAULKNER 6m6 minutes ago

HarrisFaulkner Retweeted ABC News Politics

Watched and you're right, she says that.

HarrisFaulkner added,
0:38
ABC News Politics @ABCPolitics
WATCH: @HillaryClinton, during #BenghaziCommittee break: "Are you going to come to my @katyperry concert?" https://amp.twimg.com/v/eb0cb814-dc8a-45ea-99d2-9c9475e01314
6 retweets 7 favorites
HarrisFaulkner Retweeted

Offline flowers

5:15 PM: Roby asks why it did not occur to Clinton to pick up the phone and call Stevens and ask him what he needed in terms of security. Clinton says “we knew what he was looking for” and again says Stevens’s request went to the “security professionals.”

5:05 PM: The Benghazi hearing resumes, and
Rep. Martha Roby (R-AL)
49%
asks Clinton about a $20 million contingency fund that Clinton approved. She asks how she found $20 million to support Libyan security but could not find the funds to “support our own people.” Clinton responds with a technocratic answer about how Congress sets spending levels in categories in spending and the request for diplomatics security was “continuously underfunded.” She says that “we began to get more support” from Congress after the Benghazi tragedy

Offline flowers

Stand down order....didn't happen assets to far away to help.

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 2m2 minutes ago

Whn Rep Roby asked H why she didnt call her friend & ask wht he needed she said they alrdy knw? I thght she didnt know.. #BenghaziHearing

Offline famousdayandyear

Highly orchestrated show between HRC and Cummings.  So obvious.

Offline flowers

Wow her voice is so concerned in that answer, she really had to practice that. Begging prez of country to go help Stevens and the facility.

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 1m1 minute ago

H sure can tell u everything that was going on in other parts of the world, but she sure didn't know wht was going on in #Benghazi.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 7m7 minutes ago

I don't know how the families & friends of those killed n #Benghazi can sit in that hearing & restrain themselves. #BenghaziHearing
0 retweets 0 favorites
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 9m9 minutes ago

As far as I can tell, @RepCummings isn't doing the work of the American ppl, but running interference for Hillary. #BenghaziHearing
0 retweets 0 favorites
Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 11m11 minutes ago

Whn Rep Roby asked H why she didnt call her friend & ask wht he needed she said they alrdy knw? I thght she didnt know.. #BenghaziHearing

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer ‏@AmyKremer 2m2 minutes ago

If Ambassador Stevens was H's friend, I'd hate to think about the situation if he weren't her friend. #BenghaziHearing
0 retweets 0 favorites

Offline flowers

5:30 PM: Clinton claims that no Americans were killed in nations like Tunisia partly because “I had been consistent in speaking out about that video from the very first day we knew it had sparked the attacks on the Embassy in Cairo.”

5:24 PM: Cummings finally asks a question and asks if Clinton ordered then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta to “stand down” on the night of the attacks?

“Of course not,” Clinton replies.

5: 18 PM: Cummings says that the August 17, 2012 memo is “not something new” and not something that the Benghazi Committee uncovered. “That’s right,” Clinton says to her top defender and ally on the Committee. Cummings tries his best to frame the Benghazi investigation as a partisan one meant to hurt Clinton, citing comments by
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
57%

Offline flowers

Amy Kremer Retweeted
Debra J. Saunders ‏@debrajsaunders 5h5 hours ago

From @HillaryClinton book - not what she told Egyptian PM #benghazihearings

Offline flowers

What where you responsible for hil  is asked.

Offline flowers

Shannon Bream ‏@ShannonBream 2m2 minutes ago

Westmoreland asking HRC about the swift-response team that was designed to respond to crisis situations
6 retweets 6 favorites

Offline flowers

Shannon Bream ‏@ShannonBream 34s34 seconds ago

HRC says: I was not responsible for specific security requests and decisions #Benghazi
4 retweets 0 favorites

Offline flowers

5:35: Westmoreland asks Clinton what she came up with during her sleepless nights about what happened in Benghazi. He asks her to name two things that she could have done differently. Clinton says the contractors/militia the State Department relied on could have been more reliable. Westmoreland replies that Clinton has previously insisted she had noting to do with that, and Clinton scrambles a bit in her response, saying “there are many elements” that go into security.

5:32 PM: Rep. Westmoreland asks her to give Congress a play by play account of Benghazi and says that it is hard for him to comprehend why she would give the “blow by blow” account of the Tunisia incident that “we are not even investigating.” Clinton says that it is “unfortunate” that “several of you” have dismissed the importance of the YouTube and says Congress must consider the “totality of the circumstances” so “we can learn the best lessons.”

Offline aligncare

I know politics lend intrinsic shielding properties to the politician. But, still, Clinton got chutzpah.

Offline musiclady

Watching the commentary on the Five, and just need to say that I think Juan Williams may be the dumbest Democrat tool in the universe...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I know politics lend intrinsic shielding properties to the politician. But, still, Clinton got chutzpah.

Amen to that! Saying that she never blamed the Bengal attack on an Internet video when the entire world knows she did is REAL chutzpah!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien