Author Topic: CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:10:50 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/09/13/carson-gop-has-gop-neglected-african-american-communities/

CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES

by PAM KEY
13 Sep 20159

Sunday on Fox News Channel’s “Media Buzz,” Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson said the Republican Party has in the past “neglected” African-American community but because of the recent chaos in race relation brought on by unrest in Ferguson, Baltimore and other cities the GOP ” has a very excellent opportunity,” to reach out and help “get business and industry and academia to invest in people.”

Carson said, “There’s no question that the GOP  has a very excellent opportunity by paying attention to some of the communities that they have neglected. And informing them about the history of the GOP —in fact, a party that was formed as a party that worked hard to get gun rights for freed men and pushing voting rights. Many luminary figures in the black community have been members of the Republican party. A party that should push for hard work and self-reliance and mechanisms for removing oneself from a state of dependency to becoming a part of the fabric of America.”

He continued, “I believe that black people like any other people in our country are listening. They are looking for solutions. and they’re not going to just blindly follow someone because they say ‘do I what tell you to do.’ I believe if we pay attention to them and we actually explain to them the mechanisms whereby we’re going to get business and industry and academia to invest in people, recognizing that for every person that we can keep from going down the wrong pathway, that’s one more productive member of society who may discover a new energy source or a cure for cancer.”

Offline sinkspur

Re: CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:40:33 pm »
Just keep it up, Ben.  You and Trump are making a living trashing the Republican party.

If by some unlikely event you DO get elected, you'll find yourself hamstrung with a Democrat Senate, thanks to your constant berating of Republicans in Congress.

'Course, you're lucky you weren't in Ferguson last year, cuz we know you wouldn't have shot Michael Brown and you'd be pushing up daisies about now.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:48:08 pm »
No more race baiters....even the soft-spoken ones.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »
The GOP has neglected African Americans; they've written them off to the DNC for years.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 09:09:08 pm »
I don't see that Carson said anything here I, or most conservatives, would disagree with.  Ok, so the headline was provocative, but i doubt Ben Carson wrote the headline.  There ought to be at least some buyer's remorse in the black community over OPapaDoc.  Hopefully, Ben Carson can capitalize on it.  And yes, back in the days when most African-Americans were interested in freedom rather than government dependency, Republicans were their party of choice.  So why not target them and invite them to come to the party most in sync with Martin Luther King's "Dream?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:11:04 pm by massadvj »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:22:45 pm »
Again, where is the controversy in his statement?    I agree with it 100%. From the post civil war to the 1930s Blacks were solidly Republicans, and it was the Democrats who fought against giving blacks equal rights right up to the 1964 voters rights act, where the Republicans where the champions for it.  The Republicans have only themselves to blame for the pendulum to swing allowing the blacks to shift their support to a new slave master - big government and its subsidies - the Democrats.   

Ben spoke on race issues in Harlem - and Blacks are taking notice of him

“Of course black lives matter,” Carson said on Wednesday after speaking at a closed-door event with local politicians and businessmen in Harlem. “But what I feel instead of people pointing fingers at each other and just creating strife, what we need to be talking about is how do we solve problems in the black community. Of murder, essentially.  African Americans need to return to family and faith the values and principles that got black people through slavery and segregation and Jim Crowism. As we throw those things away we’re seeing terrible crimes occurring in our communities"

Yes, Republicans have neglected speaking to blacks in that matter settling for the status quo instead of telling them the truth.  Who best to open their eyes to the truth than one of their own.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:24:57 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 09:36:10 pm »
I would love more neurosurgeons, airline pilots, engineers, streetcar drivers, laborers and women of color welcomed into the party of Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr.. It's where they belong: center right.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 03:37:12 am »
PzLdr: African-American Communities have 'neglected' the GOP for decades. It's real tough to give a rat's ass about a demographic that votes so overwhelmingly Democrat, no matter what the Dems do, or fail to do. For aeons.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:56 am »
I don't see that Carson said anything here I, or most conservatives, would disagree with.  Ok, so the headline was provocative, but i doubt Ben Carson wrote the headline.  There ought to be at least some buyer's remorse in the black community over OPapaDoc.  Hopefully, Ben Carson can capitalize on it.  And yes, back in the days when most African-Americans were interested in freedom rather than government dependency, Republicans were their party of choice.  So why not target them and invite them to come to the party most in sync with Martin Luther King's "Dream?"

Exactly right............... and what Ben Carson is now doing.

He's pointing out, very clearly I might add, how Democrat policies have destroyed the African-American family and communities.

And he is right that the Republican party has, in essence, written them off.

IMO, he is the perfect candidate to bring this point up writ large.  He has lived conservative values and rejected leftist 'values' and has proved it with his own story.

Maybe his clarity and boldness on the subject will bring at least some over to the right side.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 04:16:14 am »
The antipathy blacks have to the GOP is great testimony to the effectiveness of a propaganda campaign conducted by Dem operators, black "leaders", and the arbiters of the popular culture from television, through movies, through books and novels, magazines...through all of it. Even if you hate it you have to admire how intensive and potent it has been.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 11:10:58 am »
Exactly right............... and what Ben Carson is now doing.

He's pointing out, very clearly I might add, how Democrat policies have destroyed the African-American family and communities.

And he is right that the Republican party has, in essence, written them off.

IMO, he is the perfect candidate to bring this point up writ large.  He has lived conservative values and rejected leftist 'values' and has proved it with his own story.

Maybe his clarity and boldness on the subject will bring at least some over to the right side.

A small percent will. But, I suspect the vast majority will see a successful black like Carson as a sell-out, call him Oreo, and never, ever cast a ballot for an (R)-e-o.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 11:45:43 am »

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 01:23:21 pm »
A small percent will. But, I suspect the vast majority will see a successful black like Carson as a sell-out, call him Oreo, and never, ever cast a ballot for an (R)-e-o.

Yes, the majority will because they have been brainwashed by the leftist welfare state to think that achievement is a sign of selling out.  But I am convinced that there are some who can get through, and I think a guy like Ben Carson could well be one of them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 01:51:49 pm »
The GOP has neglected African Americans; they've written them off to the DNC for years.

I don't think the GOP has neglected African Americans.  It is hard to appeal to any group of people that continue to reject your message in percentages exceeding 90% for several decades.  I know of several candidates that have articulated a message to African Americans and appeared at NAACP events only to have it rebuffed at every opportunity.  Remember Jack Kemp?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 01:59:27 pm »

The problem I see is that most young African-Americans don't even know who Martin Luther King is.  They are much more familiar with, and have been indoctrinated with the philosophy of #BlackLivesMatter.  They haven't been taught the complete history of slavery in America - only that, in spite of Americans electing a black man for two terms as president - they are still oppressed.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 03:30:51 pm »
The bus didn't come to my house.  I had to walk to the stop.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 04:27:16 pm »
I don't think the GOP has neglected African Americans.  It is hard to appeal to any group of people that continue to reject your message in percentages exceeding 90% for several decades.  I know of several candidates that have articulated a message to African Americans and appeared at NAACP events only to have it rebuffed at every opportunity.  Remember Jack Kemp?

That's because they are black first and foremost... like Hispanics... Native Americans... Asians... Muslims... Jews... basically everybody except for one group.  Yet they are not racists.

If you are white first and foremost, then you are definitely a racist.

But that's just one of those odd coinkidinks doncha know...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 05:27:44 pm »

Target them how--with what, a fancier phone?    The conservative message, philosophy has been rejected over and over again.

The black community has not been ignored by the GOP.  Starting, for example, with Jack Kemp throwing himself into "Enterprise Zones" in "underprivileged" communities.  It was an abject failure--and not because of Kemp or the Republicans. 

So, please, tell me what program or specific outreach would break through the genetic predisposition to reject Republicans and conservatism.  I really want to know because I really want to join that effort.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »
The problem I see is that most young African-Americans don't even know who Martin Luther King is.  They are much more familiar with, and have been indoctrinated with the philosophy of #BlackLivesMatter.  They haven't been taught the complete history of slavery in America - only that, in spite of Americans electing a black man for two terms as president - they are still oppressed.

You are so right about this.  They have no idea what the truth is because they have been enslaved by the left and their debilitating welfare state.   They have been kept willfully ignorant by their teachers and black 'leaders.'

(Of course, so have white kids..........   **nononono* )

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »
An interesting comment which often comes from "recovered*" blacks in AA meetings; e.g. They realize they were not victims, but instead were personally the source of their own problems.

* recovered for this purpose means having stayed sober for a significant length of time, and shows clear signs of maturity, stability, normality, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »
You are so right about this.  They have no idea what the truth is because they have been enslaved by the left and their debilitating welfare state.   They have been kept willfully ignorant by their teachers and black 'leaders.'

(Of course, so have white kids..........   **nononono* )

Bullseye.

Right_in_Virginia suggested it's a "genetic predisposition." Perhaps you meant that just as an artful term, RiV?

Black Americans certainly have been cynically corralled by a destructive political process. 'Rats don't get a damn for the actual plight of black families. They're just using them to stay in power.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 06:19:45 pm »
Target them how--with what, a fancier phone?    The conservative message, philosophy has been rejected over and over again.

The black community has not been ignored by the GOP.  Starting, for example, with Jack Kemp throwing himself into "Enterprise Zones" in "underprivileged" communities.  It was an abject failure--and not because of Kemp or the Republicans. 

So, please, tell me what program or specific outreach would break through the genetic predisposition to reject Republicans and conservatism.  I really want to know because I really want to join that effort.

RIV.   The Republicans need to reconnect with the Black community, does not mean one-upping the Democrats in hand-outs and government programs. It's sad that you or anyone can interpret this whole story in that way.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 06:26:43 pm »
Bullseye.

Right_in_Virginia suggested it's a "genetic predisposition." Perhaps you meant that just as an artful term, RiV?

Black Americans certainly have been cynically corralled by a destructive political process. 'Rats don't get a damn for the actual plight of black families. They're just using them to stay in power.

Exactly.  And I would go one step further and say that Rats actually want blacks to languish in poverty, as opposed to just not caring.

The poorer the black community is, the more power they have.

I'm guessing that's why black income and employment have plummeted so far under Obama.  He's a non-caring socialist and he wants absolute power over them.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
RIV.   The Republicans need to reconnect with the Black community, does not mean one-upping the Democrats in hand-outs and government programs. It's sad that you or anyone can interpret this whole story in that way.

Indeed.

Sad.

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »
Bullseye.

Perhaps.  But it is something passed from generation to generation.  If "genetic predisposition" is not artful....then call it a "generational predilection".

But whatever it's called (or not called), it's not going to change by repeatedly saying the "GOP has ignored blacks".  This mantra has been repeated so often, it's now a part of American lore and believed as fact.