Author Topic: CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES  (Read 3641 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: CARSON: GOP HAS GOP ‘NEGLECTED’ AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITIES
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 06:57:26 pm »
RIV.   The Republicans need to reconnect with the Black community, does not mean one-upping the Democrats in hand-outs and government programs. It's sad that you or anyone can interpret this whole story in that way.

I'm all for it so get over your sadness.

I'm asking you to tell me how to accomplish this reconnection.   Give me a blueprint and I will help implement it. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:00:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »
No more race baiters....even the soft-spoken ones.

Picked the race baiter thing up to Virginia? The DEMS/ LIBS keep the African American on the Plantation and it is the GOP's fault. The Black American gets off the Plantation and makes something of themselves and the LIBS call them Uncle Toms, Jim Crow? What is confusing and PO the RINOGOP is why TRUMP is getting 25 % of the Black American support. Must wonder if it is his stance on Illegal Invaders or creating jobs in the US and providing other opportunities other than PLANTATION life? :beer:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:55:48 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 10:32:56 pm »
Sorry, but with Carson's obvious lack of experience and qualifications to be president, it certainly does seem that he's playing the race card.  Sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 11:01:56 pm »
Sorry, but with Carson's obvious lack of experience and qualifications to be president, it certainly does seem that he's playing the race card.  Sad.

Talking honestly about race issues is most certainly not 'playing the race card.'

Carson wants solutions, and solutions are needed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 11:11:46 pm »
Talking honestly about race issues is most certainly not 'playing the race card.'

Carson wants solutions, and solutions are needed.

A lot of the race problems in this country will be fixed on Jan 2017

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 11:30:49 pm »

You sound as fearful of a Ben Carson Presidency as the progressives are. Ben Carson even if he doesn't win the nomination is our best hope and maybe last hope to expose the lie that Republicans and conservatives  are racist. For Democrats this fraud preserves their power, and they will fight like a cornered tiger to keep that lie alive. Letting Ben Carson win the White House  would forever destroy their false narrative.  What you are stating the conservative racist lie can only be exposed by a white man, otherwise its the ole race card thing. That's just stupid.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 11:37:48 pm »
You sound as fearful of a Ben Carson Presidency as the progressives are. Ben Carson even if he doesn't win the nomination is our best hope and maybe last hope to expose the lie that Republicans and conservatives  are racist. For Democrats this fraud preserves their power, and they will fight like a cornered tiger to keep that lie alive. Letting Ben Carson win the White House  would forever destroy their false narrative.  What you are stating the conservative racist lie can only be exposed by a white man, otherwise its the ole race card thing. That's just stupid.

I wish I could believe what you say but blacks will only consider him an uncle Tom.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:18 pm »

Actually what is stupid is you putting words in my mouth.  I did not state that the conservative racist lie can only be exposed by a white man - you did.

I definitely don't believe that Carson is out last hope.  I believe that being able to seat a true conservative in the oval office is our last hope along with the ability to retain the majority in both Houses.  With the do nothing GOP establishment in control,  I just don't see that happening.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 11:58:23 pm »
I wish I could believe what you say but blacks will only consider him an uncle Tom.

Make no mistake about it, that will happen. Uncle  Tom, Oreo, out-of-touch with African Americans because he is successful, all are to be expected. But he does not have to capture the majority of black voters, just 17 percent. If the Republicans capture 17 percent of the black vote it becomes mathematically impossible for Hillary, or any Democrat to win.   This can be done even if he is not the nominee, so his being in this race, letting him speak truth should be welcomed,  even if he is not your top choice.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 12:07:16 am »
Actually what is stupid is you putting words in my mouth.  I did not state that the conservative racist lie can only be exposed by a white man - you did.

I definitely don't believe that Carson is out last hope.  I believe that being able to seat a true conservative in the oval office is our last hope along with the ability to retain the majority in both Houses.  With the do nothing GOP establishment in control,  I just don't see that happening.

When you say it appears he is using the race card, what else can I read into it? Is he supposed to not talk about the racial divide in America? Who better to get the truth across to those that need to hear it most?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 12:18:44 am »
 goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo goopo
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 12:34:52 am »
Make no mistake about it, that will happen. Uncle  Tom, Oreo, out-of-touch with African Americans because he is successful, all are to be expected. But he does not have to capture the majority of black voters, just 17 percent. If the Republicans capture 17 percent of the black vote it becomes mathematically impossible for Hillary, or any Democrat to win.   This can be done even if he is not the nominee, so his being in this race, letting him speak truth should be welcomed,  even if he is not your top choice.

THANK you for this, Navy!  He is getting the truth out and going beyond the media/leftist bias with clear articulation of the fact that CONSERVATIVE principles are what is best for every American.......... not just African-Americans.

Ben Carson is as far from playing the race card as anyone can be, and if people actually listened to him, instead of making knee jerk judgments about him, they would know that.

I welcome this discussion with open arms.  He is doing what has needed to be done for decades.

Articulation of what conservatism will do for blacks when the leftist shackles are removed from them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 01:01:50 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Black Americans certainly have been cynically corralled by a destructive political process. 'Rats don't get a damn for the actual plight of black families. They're just using them to stay in power. ]]

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more blacks votin' Republican under Jim Crow, than there are now that they've been given all their "civil rights" !!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 01:05:06 am »

In a USASurvey poll, Trump received 31% of the hispanic vote, and 25% of the black vote.

To put that into perspective, a Republican candidate hasn’t posted these kinds of numbers since Ronald Reagan. Clearly, Trump’s message is resonating with Americans from all walks of life.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2015, 01:05:43 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:
[[ Ben Carson even if he doesn't win the nomination is our best hope and maybe last hope to expose the lie that Republicans and conservatives  are racist. ]]

Dr. Carson is going to be received by blacks as well as was Clarence Thomas...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2015, 01:18:10 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:
[[ Ben Carson even if he doesn't win the nomination is our best hope and maybe last hope to expose the lie that Republicans and conservatives  are racist. ]]

Some of my favorite conservative political commentators are black. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Deroy Murdoch. I've been most disappointed lately in George Will, and to some extent Charles Krauthammer.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2015, 01:35:38 am »
NavyCanDo wrote above:

Oh I hope so.  I have it right  in front of me, the numbers. quote " Amazingly, even after the most outrageous and foul attacks on Clarence Thomas, his support in the black community remained above 60 percent among both men and women." That from the pages of Political Science & Politics. It went on to state the the black community felt the attacks on Thomas was because of his race.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:02:06 am by NavyCanDo »