Author Topic: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'  (Read 18593 times)

bkepley

Re: Trump mocks Fiorina’s physical appearance: 'Look at that face!'
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »
Let me chime in with this.   For a woman 4-years older than me (she born in 1954), I don't find her unattractive at all. 

Obviously my taste in women and Trumps differ immensely.    A former super model (his current third wife) or any of his past wives, would not interest me in the least.    Mrs. NavyCanDo would give me a peck on the cheek, right about now for say that. But its the truth.   

I'd rather look at her than Trump's ugly mug.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:20 pm »
I also made that vow - and now will renew it! No more Trump threads.

Yeah, but what if he continues to gather wide support, or what if Trump comes loaded for bear and wins next debate? You are not turning your back on this election. Nor will you do like one seriously misguided man I heard say on the radio today, that if the race came down to being between Hillary and Trump he just won't vote the presidential ballot line. How sick is that?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:46:02 pm by aligncare »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2015, 06:46:24 pm »
Yeah, but what if he continues to gather more wide support, or what if Trump comes loaded for bear and wins next debate? You are not turning your back on this election. Nor will you do like one seriously misguided man I heard say on the radio today, that if the race came down to being between Hillary and Trump he just won't vote the presidential ballot line. How sick is that?
Certainly, AC. I will vote for the Republican nominee. I'm just fed up with our being sidetracked by trivialities while the country - and the world - and going up in flames.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

bkepley

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »
Yeah, but what if he continues to gather wide support, or what if Trump comes loaded for bear and wins next debate? You are not turning your back on this election. Nor will you do like one seriously misguided man I heard say on the radio today, that if the race came down to being between Hillary and Trump he just won't vote the presidential ballot line. How sick is that?

Not sick at all when the shoe is on the other foot and it is Bush vs. Clinton I guess or at least I've never heard anyone pretend it is "sick".  Some people call it principled.  Besides, there might be a libertarian or something to vote for.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »
I wanted to pass this Red State article along to you. If you haven't seen it, I think it provides some genuine insights into Trump's popularity.

That was great, Andy!

He's the meanest SOB there is. 

And we should be grateful he wants the position.   (((ducks)))   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2015, 07:40:40 pm »
I also made that vow - and now will renew it! No more Trump threads.

LOL!   Good luck with that!    :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2015, 07:47:59 pm »
All of these horrified people should be asking themselves, "how did we ever get to this place?"  How can a person that speaks in such a way even BE in the race?  At this point in time?  Why are so many people in the Republican party following Donald Trump rather than the other very qualified, although conventional, candidates?

Why are there so many voters very angry with the Republican party?  Can any of you honestly say that the party has honestly and earnestly tried to represent their people and do what's best for the country - and they haven't let self-preservation be their guiding light?  That they haven't done this time and time again?

Why are you not so horrified about that?  And do you really think they will do differently this time around?  Do you enjoy being sold down that river time and time again?

They may speak politely, but most of the time, they are lying.
You are wrong Alice............................they are lying all the time.

Godzilla

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2015, 09:34:18 pm »
Excuse me? What's unbelievable?

You're not going to fall back on that sanctimonious "I've never" routine. Are you?

But, by all means, let's make sure our politicians are not prone to human frailty--like the rest of us.

Talk about unbelievable.

What I see is a person who conflates private circumstances with a public event.  They aren't the same.

That's what's unbelievable.

Godzilla

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2015, 09:37:24 pm »
America needs a bully right now.  Trump isn't the answer, but watching conservatives become squishy PC limpwrists over the summer has not been fun.

No, we don't.  We've had 7 years of a bully.  We don't need more.

We need a statesman.

Offline Carling

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »
No, we don't.  We've had 7 years of a bully.  We don't need more.

We need a statesman.

I meant a bully on the world stage, not to the American people.

Someone who will restore our position of strength and influence and who will stand up for all citizens, not just those whose votes are bought.

Someone who isn't afraid of the liberal media, and calls them on their bias.

Obama is the anti-Trump as a bully.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:40:06 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

bkepley

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2015, 10:38:38 pm »
I meant a bully on the world stage, not to the American people.

Someone who will restore our position of strength and influence and who will stand up for all citizens, not just those whose votes are bought.

Someone who isn't afraid of the liberal media, and calls them on their bias.

Obama is the ant-Trump as a bully.

Just another demagogue and not even the best among them.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2015, 10:41:46 pm »
You are wrong Alice............................they are lying all the time.

Well, I was trying to be charitable.   :laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2015, 02:35:19 am »
alicewonders wrote above:
[[ Do you think it hurts him?  He feeds off of publicity - good and bad. ]]

Back in the 50's, there was a low-budget sci-fi film made called "Kronos":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronos_(film)

It was a giant machine from outer space that looked like this:

... sent by aliens from another planet to suck up all the earth's energy.
It didn't care where it got the energy from. Could be a power plant, or even an atomic bomb.

Told ya that to tell ya this:

Trump is the political, living breathing successor to Kronos.

Like Alice has said, publicity is the energy from which he grows stronger.
Can be good publicity.
Can be bad publicity.
Doesn't matter.

He eats it up!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2015, 02:38:04 am »
Freezing temperature worked in The Blob!     :laugh:

:pondering:   Hmmm....but not on The Thing! 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2015, 02:54:44 am »
andy wrote above:
[[ I was watching Ben Carson speaking on C-SPAN last night, and was struck by how honest and powerful his words were in spite of his calm, reserved demeanor. Now, I think Ben has some limitations as a candidate, but dignity is not one of them.
This is the kind of President that I want: the anti-Obama, in all respects. ]]

Andy, you're perhaps the wisest judge of character in this forum.
Me, I'm just a bad apple. But I call 'em as I see 'em.

Don't let yourself be taken in by sincerity and dignity in support of the wrong positions.

As impressive as Dr. Carson may seem, some of his ideas clash with not only conservatism but with common sense (particularly on immigration and the illegals, also regarding the Second Amendment).

All too often conservatives fawn over a black (or other ethnic) who on the surface has great general appeal to our sensibilities, but in time who lets us down with a dull thud.

How many were ready to "jump the broom" for Colin Powell?
Or for Condoleezza Rice?
Or for Herman Cain?

I'm going to get rocks thrown at me for saying this, but I believe our blind faith in Ben Carson is going to do as much for us, as did our earlier and mistaken faith in Powell (who once was touted as a possible Republican presidential candidate as well).

I've had enough of it.

Throw your rocks!

bkepley

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2015, 03:06:39 am »
andy wrote above:
[[ I was watching Ben Carson speaking on C-SPAN last night, and was struck by how honest and powerful his words were in spite of his calm, reserved demeanor. Now, I think Ben has some limitations as a candidate, but dignity is not one of them.

Don't let yourself be taken in by sincerity and dignity in support of the wrong positions.

As impressive as Dr. Carson may seem, some of his ideas clash with not only conservatism but with common sense (particularly on immigration and the illegals, also regarding the Second Amendment).

All too often conservatives fawn over a black (or other ethnic) who on the surface has great general appeal to our sensibilities, but in time who lets us down with a dull thud.

Or for Condoleezza Rice?
Or for Herman Cain?

I'm going to get rocks thrown at me for saying this, but I believe our blind faith in Ben Carson is going to do as much for us, as did our earlier and mistaken faith in Powell (who once was touted as a possible Republican presidential candidate as well).

I've had enough of it.

Throw your rocks!

I'm sorry to hear it so...er what?  You know of our history. It has never been simple.  It has always been symbolic somehow.  I just pray you won't turn it over to the Kardashians.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2015, 03:13:45 am »
andy wrote above:

Or for Condoleezza Rice?
Or for Herman Cain?

I've had enough of it.

Throw your rocks!

No rocks from this way.  There was a "Draft Rochester" movement during the 40's to run against Roosevelt.  Mr. Rochester was humble and had that wonderful, wonderful presence whenever he joined a crowd.  Then word came down from Eleanor Roosevelt that he tried to goose her in the back stairwell.
Progressive or not, she wouldn't stand for, as she put it "Getting rubbed against by 'that little jigaboo'".  Word got out, thanks to Walter Winchell and that other news guy.  Rochester didn't work again until a cameo in "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".  Tragic, tragic story.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2015, 04:58:14 am »

As opposed to the front runner who is soft on taxes, abortion, and the Second Amendment.

Conservatives often fawn over the white too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »
What a great point I just heard on Rush's show.

Everyone is huffy over Trump's off-the-record comment about Carly--whom I happen to love (I think she's hot!). But, do they feel just as offended by the personal insults they or others throw around Trump's hair, the spittle in the corner of his mouth, his clothes, fat face, etc?

I think the answer is no. How 'bout it, gang? Double standard, anyone?

If other candidates insulted Trump for his HAIR or his FACE, I would disapprove.  (But they haven't, have they?  So there's no 'double standard').

I'm getting kind of tired of the excuses made for Trump's inexcusable bad behavior.

I guess some of us expect character and maturity to be part of the mix when it comes to a Presidential Candidate.

Silly us.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2015, 02:37:03 pm »

I'm getting kind of tired of the excuses made for Trump's inexcusable bad behavior.

Every time he throws an insult out at another Republican candidate, the Trump camp always respond with 'He or She struck first'. It's childish, really.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2015, 02:57:04 pm »

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Van Susteren, who had Trump on her show on Thursday night, started the segment out by highlighting her disdain for his comments.

“I do take issue with your personal comment at another candidate like that,” she told the famed businessman. “I know you’ve made personal comments about others like Governor Perry, [but] do you want to take this one back about Carly Fiorina?”

Trump wasted no time in responding with a blatant, “No,” adding that he was speaking about persona and not physical appearance.

Talking about her persona?   Persona???   I read and heard that quote countless times. Nobody can mistake what he said for persona. Why don't he just man up and either apologize, or back up what he said. What he is showing is his lack of integrity. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

bkepley

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »

“Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Van Susteren, who had Trump on her show on Thursday night, started the segment out by highlighting her disdain for his comments.

“I do take issue with your personal comment at another candidate like that,” she told the famed businessman. “I know you’ve made personal comments about others like Governor Perry, [but] do you want to take this one back about Carly Fiorina?”

Trump wasted no time in responding with a blatant, “No,” adding that he was speaking about persona and not physical appearance.

Talking about her persona?   Persona???   I read and heard that quote countless times. Nobody can mistake what he said for persona. Why don't he just man up and either apologize, or back up what he said. What he is showing is his lack of integrity.

Cuz he's a sissy.  He's not this bare-knuckled fighter he's just an ignorant loud-mouth.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:02:33 pm by bkepley »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »

Yes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2015, 03:09:13 pm »

Every time he throws an insult out at another Republican candidate, the Trump camp always respond with 'He or She struck first'. It's childish, really.

This is such a dismal time in American politics. There is really only the political class, and the rest of us. The rhetoric from the D's and R's is different, but the actions are indistinguishable. My contempt for the establishment GOP is more than my contempt for Democrats. At least Democrats are open about what they want to do. The establishment GOP is like Stephen Colbert, using conservatism as a punch line, all the while supporting liberalism.

Trump is seriously flawed. I still don't trust him. He does tend to conduct his campaign as if it were just another reality show. But, he offers us a look at what it would be like if we had candidates who weren't bought by special interests, and afraid to say anything that might offend the arbiters of political correctness. Please, God, give us a genuine candidate who won't betray us for special interests.

The impotent GOPe has created Trump. The GOP offers us little choice, and virtually no representation. Trump is flawed, but whatever we get from Trump, we know above all, he will cause the GOPe to gnash their teeth, loose sleep, and maybe even lose a few dollars. Given what the GOPe has been doing lately, that may be enough to continue to fuel Trump's campaign.

Hey, did you hear Boehner is going to sue Obama again?  :silly:
Trey Gowdy was on Fox doing his Darrell Issa impersonation again.  :silly:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:28 pm »
From the same Rolling Stone interview where Trump made that unfortunate off the record comment during a stream of consciousness moment while watching Fiorina on TV.

As you might have guessed, this interview was not favorable to Trump (Rolling Stone is as left wing is it gets). Yet, this, from Rolling Stone:

In all the hysteria, however, what's often missed are the qualities that brought Trump here. You don't do a fraction of what he's done in life — dominate New York real estate for decades, build the next grand Xanadus for the super-rich on the far shores of Dubai and Istanbul, run the prime-time ratings table for more than 10 years and earn a third (or sixth) fortune at it – without being immensely cunning and deft, a top-of-the-food-chain killer. Over the course of 10 days and several close-in encounters, I got to peer behind the scrim of his bluster and self-mythos and get a very good look at the man. What I saw was enough to make me take him dead serious. If you're waiting for Trump to blow himself up in a Hindenburg of gaffes or hate speech, you're in for a long, cold fall and winter. Donald Trump is here for the duration — and gaining strength and traction by the hour.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/trump-seriously-20150909#ixzz3lRWSMv5m
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook