Author Topic: Palin Defends Trump: We Need a ‘Tough’ POTUS, Not a Master of Trivial Pursuit (with video)  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Josh Feldman
Mediaite
September 6, 2015

Sarah Palin appeared on CNN this morning and defended Donald Trump after his less-than-stellar interview with Hugh Hewitt ...

Palin said, “I’d rather have a president who is tough and puts America first than can win a game of Trivial Pursuit.” ...
More, with video, and reader comments

Not surprisingly, Saint Sarah is a member of the "Let's lower the standards for Trump" club.   **nononono*
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:13:21 pm by Machiavelli »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Love it!    :laugh:  Amen, Sarah!  Amen!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Go Sarah!  I have to agree with her.  Somehow, I just can't see Trump apologizing to anyone for this country or bowing to a Saudi king.  Nor can I see him negotiating and getting nothing in return.   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

Go Sarah!  I have to agree with her.  Somehow, I just can't see Trump apologizing to anyone for this country or bowing to a Saudi king.  Nor can I see him negotiating and getting nothing in return.   :patriot:

:beer:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/252857-palin-lets-speak-american

Was this the same interview where she said immigrants should speak Murican?

ya' know, like this...

Offline Longiron

:beer: :beer:

Oceander

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/252857-palin-lets-speak-american

ya' know, like this...

What is he trying to say?

Oceander

Palin said, “I’d rather have a president who is tough and puts America first than can win a game of Trivial Pursuit.” ...

I would rather have a nominee who can actually win a general election.  I really don't give a fig about being able to pander to the base because the base - other than the egotistical and stupid - will most likely vote for whomever the nominee is - although the precedent set by the number of so-called "conservatives" who sat home in 2012 because of Romney is disappointing - what I care about is someone who can convince the unaligned and the noncommitted - and those who have no stomach for voting for a criminal like Clinton - because that is what it will take to win.

The fact that Trump has managed to seduce the base into giving up its principles in favor of a liberal troll is nice and all, but it won't translate to winning the general election.

bkepley

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

ya' know, like this...

What the bleep bleep?

Godzilla

ya' know, like this...

Herp Derp?

bkepley

Offline aligncare

Yada yada. What's the point? The same 4 or 5 say yay! While the opposing 4 or 5 say nay!

It's growing tiresome.

bkepley

Yada yada. What's the point? The same 4 or 5 say yay! While the opposing 4 or 5 say nay!

It's growing tiresome.

So you have a point to make?  Personslly I'm knda thinkin your pathetic worship of such a buffoon is slightly tiresome.

Offline aligncare

So you have a point to make?  Personslly I'm knda thinkin your pathetic worship of such a buffoon is slightly tiresome.

I worship God. I've never worshiped Trump nor any human being other than Jesus.

Seems we have a difference of opinion here.

I would rather have a nominee who can actually win a general election.  I really don't give a fig about being able to pander to the base because the base - other than the egotistical and stupid - will most likely vote for whomever the nominee is - although the precedent set by the number of so-called "conservatives" who sat home in 2012 because of Romney is disappointing - what I care about is someone who can convince the unaligned and the noncommitted - and those who have no stomach for voting for a criminal like Clinton - because that is what it will take to win.

The fact that Trump has managed to seduce the base into giving up its principles in favor of a liberal troll is nice and all, but it won't translate to winning the general election.

I couldn't agree more.

It's growing tiresome.
For me, the point is to understand my world better, and show others how I see the world.  I enjoy the validation of my opinion from others, who I admire and agree with, and the critiques of those who I respectfully disagree with, like you aligncare.  Sometimes, I'm also interested in what BRiefers think is important enough to post.