Author Topic: Kasich on Same-Sex Marriage: I’m Afraid GOP is Turning Young People Away From God  (Read 595 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/09/06/kasich-on-same-sex-marriage-im-afraid-gop-is-turning-young-people-away-from-god/

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” Gov. John Kasich (R-OH), a candidate for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination, discussed Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis being jailed for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses and said of the Republican Party continuing to fight over same-sex marriage after the Supreme Court ruling could turn people off “to the idea of faith in God.”

Kasich said, “The court has spoken, the court has ruled. I believe in traditional marriage, but the court has ruled. One other big issue here, we have a lot of young people who sit on the fence on a issue like this and they think about their belief in God. And you know, for me, I think we need to talk a lot about the do’s — about humility, about helping our neighbors, about the need to live a life bigger than ourselves. When we see these battles going on, I get a little bit afraid that it turns people off to the idea of faith in God.What it means to be be a Christian. For me it’s given me a solid foundation to deal with the strong winds in life — to be a better person, a better guy. Now, I respect the fact that this lady doesn’t agree but she’s also a government employee, she’s not running a church, I

Just who does he think is leading kids to God these days? The left?   :thud:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This illustrates why Kasich has no chance at the nomination, but moreso, it shows why he SHOULD have "no chance" at same...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The GOP is not the one turning young people away from God.

That is the work of a society that treats broken relationships as normal and acceptable.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The GOP is not the one turning young people away from God.

That is the work of a society that treats broken relationships as normal and acceptable.

:amen:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

Excuse me, John. I just hate to point this out but Kim Davis is a Democrat.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
If Kasich is the main establishment competition...Trump has little to be concerned about from that quarter.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This illustrates why Kasich has no chance at the nomination, but moreso, it shows why he SHOULD have "no chance" at same...

"You have to go with it. The decision's been made, and that is the law of the land."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/04/politics/donald-trump-gay-marriage-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis/

Kasich's position is the same as Trump's position.  SHOULD Trump have no chance at the nomination?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If Kasich is the main establishment competition...Trump has little to be concerned about from that quarter.
Trump's position and Kasich's position are the same.  Why does Trump get a pass?