Author Topic: Obama wins critical backing on Iran deal, virtually ensuring survival in Congress  (Read 3050 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/02/kerry-tries-to-close-deal-with-congress-on-iran/?intcmp=hpbt1

Published September 02, 2015FoxNews.com

The Obama administration now appears to have enough support in Congress to stave off Republican efforts to reject the president's controversial Iran nuclear deal, after a retiring Maryland Democratic senator came out Wednesday morning in favor of the pact.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., announced her support for the deal ahead of a speech on the agreement by Secretary of State John Kerry. She becomes the 34th senator to support the deal, giving President Obama enough backing to sustain a veto of a Republican bill opposing it, should that bill pass in a vote later this month.

"No deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime," Mikulski said in a statement. "I have concluded that this Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb. For these reasons, I will vote in favor of this deal."

Opposition to the agreement among Republicans, among ex-military leaders and in Israel remains widespread. But unless a supporter flips his or her vote, Obama would appear to have the crucial coalition in place to preserve the agreement in the congressional vote.

Kerry, meanwhile, is delivering what is billed as a major policy speech Wednesday in Philadelphia. He's also sending a letter to all members of Congress outlining U.S. security commitments to Israel and the Gulf Arab states in light of the nuclear deal.

His speech will focus on how, in their view, the international agreement makes the U.S. and its allies safer and how the deal is being mischaracterized by some opponents.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The GOPe is worthless.  Obama wins again!  "President Obama and I are convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that the framework that we have put forward will get the job done," Kerry said."  I have no doubt that they have completely sold us out.  I predict that we will not make it to the next presidential election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/02/kerry-tries-to-close-deal-with-congress-on-iran/?intcmp=hpbt1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No one in Congress actually wants the US to pull out of this deal.  We'd be left behind as the others go forward.

If Republicans had been serious about pulling the US out of this, they never would have allowed the deal to go from "treaty" to "executive agreement"--which will be implemented no matter what Congress does.

Kabuki Theater at its best.

Offline andy58-in-nh

No one in Congress actually wants the US to pull out of this deal.  We'd be left behind as the others go forward.

If Republicans had been serious about pulling the US out of this, they never would have allowed the deal to go from "treaty" to "executive agreement"--which will be implemented no matter what Congress does.

Kabuki Theater at its best.

To the contrary, I think there are many people in both parties who would dearly love to pull out of this disaster. There just weren't enough of them, and their "leaders" have spines of linguini and balls of cotton.

Just as an aside for any of you reading, if you aren't familiar with the idea of a "Faraday Cage", you might want to begin learning about how to make one. I'd also start thinking about how to install solar panels, get a hand pump for your well, learn some basic wiring, and read up on how to properly ventilate an underground shelter. And buy as much food, water and ammo as you have room to store. But I could be wrong. Those mullahs sound like trustworthy fellows and they've got some of the best nuclear scientists in the world now working for them, so what's to worry about?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Everyone who lives in a state "represented" by one of these 34 idiots needs to send them a two word personal message which reads: YOU'RE FIRED! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

To the contrary, I think there are many people in both parties who would dearly love to pull out of this disaster. There just weren't enough of them, and their "leaders" have spines of linguini and balls of cotton.

Just as an aside for any of you reading, if you aren't familiar with the idea of a "Faraday Cage", you might want to begin learning about how to make one. I'd also start thinking about how to install solar panels, get a hand pump for your well, learn some basic wiring, and read up on how to properly ventilate an underground shelter. And buy as much food, water and ammo as you have room to store. But I could be wrong. Those mullahs sound like trustworthy fellows and they've got some of the best nuclear scientists in the world now working for them, so what's to worry about?

I've been stocking up since Obama took office. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago.  I'm just kicking myself for not getting out of where we live to higher ground when we could afford it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

The GOPe is worthless.  Obama wins again!  "President Obama and I are convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that the framework that we have put forward will get the job done," Kerry said."  I have no doubt that they have completely sold us out.  I predict that we will not make it to the next presidential election.

Why, cause they couldn't come up with the votes to override a veto?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline flowers

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/kerry-promises-israel-saudis-money-in-wake-of-iran-nuclear-deal/

Kerry admits that, despite the deal, Iran will continue to back terrorist groups across the globe and promises to boost military support and funding to Israel and Gulf states such as Saudi Arabia, according to a copy of the letter obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The letter comes in response to concerns among lawmakers, Israel, and other Gulf region allies that the nuclear accord will boost the Islamic Republic’s support for terrorism, while leaving traditional U.S. allies on the defense.

“Important questions have been raised concerning the need to increase security assistance to our allies and partners in the region and to enhance our efforts to counter Iran’s destabilizing activities in the region,” Kerry writes. “We share the concern expressed by many in Congress regarding Iran’s continued support for terrorist and proxy groups throughout the region, its propping up of the Assad regime in Syria, its efforts to undermine the stability of its regional neighbors, and the threat it poses to Israel.”

The Obama administration, Kerry claims, is under “no illusion that this behavior will change following implementation of the JCPOA,” or Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.

“The president has made clear that he views Israel’s security as sacrosanct, and he has ensured that the United States has backed up this message with concrete actions that have increased US military, intelligence, and security cooperation with Israel to their highest levels ever,” the letter states.

Kerry then goes on to outline the ways in which the Obama administration will enhance security cooperation with Israel and Gulf State allies.

Israel, for instance, will be the first country in the region to get a U.S.-made next-generation F-35 fighter aircraft in 2016.

An additional $3 billion in U.S. aid also will go to secure Israel’s missile defense programs, such as the Iron Dome system. The administration also stands ready “to enhance” funding to next-generation missile defense systems, such as Arrow-3 and David’s Sling.

The administration, Kerry writes, recently “offered Israel a $1.89 billion munitions resupply package that will replenish Israel’s inventories and will ensure its long-term continued access to sophisticated, state of the art precision guided munitions.”

The administration will additionally work to secure a new 10-year “Memorandum of Understanding” with the Jewish state that “would cement for the next decade our unprecedented levels of military assistance,” Kerry writes.

Kerry also proposes to collaborate with Israel on “tunnel detection and mapping technologies to provide Israel new capabilities to detect and destroy [terrorist] tunnels before the could be used to threaten Israeli civilians.”

President Barack Obama has further proposed to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the two governments “begin the process aimed a further strengthening our efforts to confront conventional and asymmetric threats.”

Offline mountaineer

God have mercy.  :0001:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

Offline musiclady

Everyone who lives in a state "represented" by one of these 34 idiots needs to send them a two word personal message which reads: YOU'RE FIRED! ! !

You have no idea how many e-mails and phone calls we have given Sherrod Brown here in Ohio.

He is impervious to the 'will of the people' and is one of the farthest left in the Senate.

This is no longer our country, Bigun.

The grand experiment that was America is done.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

I agree. I also think the 2016 elections will be in favor of the Dems.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You have no idea how many e-mails and phone calls we have given Sherrod Brown here in Ohio.

He is impervious to the 'will of the people' and is one of the farthest left in the Senate.

This is no longer our country, Bigun.

I would agree with you  but that would mean that Obama wins and I just can't allow that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I would agree with you  but that would mean that Obama wins and I just can't allow that!

Obama is just the cherry on top of the degradation that has taken the left over a century to accomplish.

Hate to be such a defeatist, but I think we have lost the war.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

Obama is just the cherry on top of the degradation that has taken the left over a century to accomplish.

Hate to be such a defeatist, but I think we have lost the war.......
Agreed.

Offline mrclose

Why, cause they couldn't come up with the votes to override a veto?

You are kidding .. right?

Here, let me 'clue' you in:

Forget Obama...Republicans made the Iran nukes deal possible

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/07/forget_obamarepublicans_made_the_iran_nukes_deal_possible.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Paladin

I agree. I also think the 2016 elections will be in favor of the Dems.

Interesting you should say that.

"New Model Projects A Democratic Landslide Victory in 2016"

"Moody’s analytics model has correctly predicted every presidential election since 1980, and their data forecasts a Democratic landslide in 2016.

According to Dan White who is the senior economist at Moody’s Analytics:

'Our Moody’s Analytics election model now predicts a Democratic electoral landslide in the 2016 presidential vote. A small change in the forecast data in August has swung the outcome from the statistical tie predicted in July, to a razor-edge ballot outcome that nevertheless gives the incumbent party 326 electoral votes to the Republican challenger’s 212.

Just three states account for the change in margin, with Ohio, Florida and Colorado swinging from leaning Republican to leaning Democrat. The margin of victory in each of these important swing states is still solidly within the margin of error though, and will likely swing back and forth in Moody’s monthly updates ahead, underlining the closeness of the election to come. Furthermore, three of the candidates for the Republican nomination enjoy favorite-son status in Ohio or Florida, potentially making the outcome of those important states even more unpredictable' "

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/31/model-projects-democratic-landslide-victory-2016.html
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mrclose

Interesting you should say that.

"New Model Projects A Democratic Landslide Victory in 2016"

"Moody’s analytics model has correctly predicted every presidential election since 1980, and their data forecasts a Democratic landslide in 2016.

According to Dan White who is the senior economist at Moody’s Analytics:

'Our Moody’s Analytics election model now predicts a Democratic electoral landslide in the 2016 presidential vote. A small change in the forecast data in August has swung the outcome from the statistical tie predicted in July, to a razor-edge ballot outcome that nevertheless gives the incumbent party 326 electoral votes to the Republican challenger’s 212.

Just three states account for the change in margin, with Ohio, Florida and Colorado swinging from leaning Republican to leaning Democrat. The margin of victory in each of these important swing states is still solidly within the margin of error though, and will likely swing back and forth in Moody’s monthly updates ahead, underlining the closeness of the election to come. Furthermore, three of the candidates for the Republican nomination enjoy favorite-son status in Ohio or Florida, potentially making the outcome of those important states even more unpredictable' "

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/31/model-projects-democratic-landslide-victory-2016.html

I love how you folks cheer in the downfall of what once was .. America!
~ Self

Offline kevindavis007

Since I'm from Illinois, easier said than done.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/07/forget_obamarepublicans_made_the_iran_nukes_deal_possible.html

Wrong, that is a lie. Obama was the one who wasn't going to even submit it to Congress.

Offline flowers

I love how you folks cheer in the downfall of what once was .. America!
How is predicting the dems win a cheer for the downfall of our country?

Offline sinkspur

It's crap like this that makes me glad I come here less and less.  With so many people on supposed "conservative" sites trashing Republicans, no wonder the Democrats are going to win.

What is wrong with you people, especially you Trumpians?   
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mrclose

It's crap like this that makes me glad I come here less and less.  With so many people on supposed "conservative" sites trashing Republicans, no wonder the Democrats are going to win.

What is wrong with you people, especially you Trumpians?

I love you like a brother but ... I believe that Mark Levin knows what the truth is.

Read the artical and then come back to tell me that .. You love me too!! :silly:

Mark Levin has been shouting until he is blue in the face that this truly awful nuclear deal with Iran has been made possible only with the help of Senate Republicans, who passed a bill (99-1, with Tom Cotton of Arkansas the only sane dissenter) making it nearly impossible to stop Obama's agreement with the ayatollahs:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:30:57 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I love you like a brother but ... I believe that Mark Levin knows what the truth is.

Read the artical and then come back to tell me that .. You love me too!! :silly:

You are wasting your time talking to that one! I would tell him what's the matter with me but he would never see it because he has me on ignore.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:40:26 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

You are wasting your time talking to that one! I would tell him what's the matter with me but he would never see it because he has me on ignore.

Bigun

Are liberals really so dishonest that they don't care about the destruction of the country by the person that they idolize?

Or, as I suspect .. they are more interested in protecting their reputation?
(They voted and supported Obama)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:54:06 am by mrclose »
~ Self