Author Topic: Obama wins critical backing on Iran deal, virtually ensuring survival in Congress  (Read 3051 times)

Offline sinkspur

I love you like a brother but ... I believe that Mark Levin knows what the truth is.

Read the artical and then come back to tell me that .. You love me too!! :silly:

Bless Mark Levin's little heart.  But he hates the Republican party.  And, when he and you and Trump blow it up, you're going to be wandering in the wilderness for at least another generation.

I've resigned myself to never see another Republican president in my lifetime.  So I'm relaxed about what is happening, except that I can't stand to see people I respect run after a chameleon Democrat who's no better than Obama in his narcissism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mrclose

It's crap like this that makes me glad I come here less and less.  With so many people on supposed "conservative" sites trashing Republicans, no wonder the Democrats are going to win.

What is wrong with you people, especially you Trumpians?
Some suggestions?
The DU.
The Daily Koz.

Maybe you will "Feel Better" at one of those forums?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Bless Mark Levin's little heart.  But he hates the Republican party.  And, when he and you and Trump blow it up, you're going to be wandering in the wilderness for at least another generation.

I've resigned myself to never see another Republican president in my lifetime.  So I'm relaxed about what is happening, except that I can't stand to see people I respect run after a chameleon Democrat who's no better than Obama in his narcissism.

I miss you already!
~ Self

Offline musiclady

Some suggestions?
The DU.
The Daily Koz.

Don't be a dope.

sinkspur is a Republican. He wouldn't fit in on DU any more than you would.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bigun

Are liberals really so dishonest that they don't care about the destruction of the country by the person that they idolize?

Or, as I suspect .. they are more interested in protecting their reputation?
(They voted and supported Obama)

Mr. Close  modern liberals (doesn't matter which political party they belong to) fear one thing more than anything else. They fear having to actually compete in the marketplace in order to earn their livings and thus will do ANYTHING to make sure that they don't have to do so. That's the short answer. The long one would require us to get into the writings of one Jean -Jacques Rousseau, Karl Marx, Frederick Engels and a number of others so we will just leave that alone.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Don't be a dope.

As a matter of fact he is more Republican than I am and thus totally blind to the MANY failings of that party.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
musiclady wrote:
[[ Obama is just the cherry on top of the degradation that has taken the left over a century to accomplish.
Hate to be such a defeatist, but I think we have lost the war....... ]]

Can't say that I disagree with you.

In fact, put up a post yesterday:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,179302.msg706778.html#msg706778

And it even has "music" in it!

Offline Fishrrman

mrclose wrote above:
[[ I love how you folks cheer in the downfall of what once was .. America! ]]

Nobody's cheerin', close.

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

The reality is that the demographics are slowly -- but inevitably -- turning "against" conservatism and traditionally-minded America.

Trump's wall may slow this down, but it probably can't halt what (increasingly) looks to be unstoppable.

I don't applaud this.
But I won't blindly ignore or deny it, either.

Offline Fishrrman

mrclose asks:
[[ Are liberals really so dishonest that they don't care about the destruction of the country by the person that they idolize? ]]

Yes.
They are.

Offline mrclose

Don't be a dope.

Mr sink may be a republican but so is Chris Cristie, Jeb Bush, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner!

Every one of them would be welcome into the forums that I posted!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:48:48 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Godzilla

Some suggestions?
The DU.
The Daily Koz.

Many here rail against the Republican party.  Which is what the DU and the Daily Koz rails against.

---

Death to the GOP!  Death to the Republican filth!

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

(that's how it's supposed to go, right?)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:50:31 am by Godzilla »

Offline mrclose

Are those the sites you frequent?  Because they more align against Republicans and conservatism.  Which is what many here rail against.

Death to the GOP!  Death to the Republican filth!

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

(that's how it's supposed to go, right?)

Do any of you read the posts before you respond?
~ Self

Godzilla

Do any of you read the posts before you respond?

You should do a search on the boldfaced "The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party."

Tie it to this website.

Then you'll be able to see.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:52:14 am by Godzilla »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Levin and Limbo have very angry gullible followers, that hang on their every word. For one thing they absolutely cannot separate entertainment from reality.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Mr sink may be a republican but so is Chris Cristie, Jeb Bush, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner!

Every one of them would be welcome into the forums that I posted!

Yeah, right.....

Keep the TOS attacks away from here,  OK??

Disagree with what people say, but stop the stupid accusations that anyone here belongs at DU.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

Both parties play their constituents in order to stay in power. And both parties are responsible for building that bohemoth in DC. How can that reality be anything other than a fact of how DC came to be? It's mechanisms did not spring into being by force of some alien visitor. It was Democrats and Republicans together that gave us the government we have. Any questions?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:48:24 am by aligncare »

Offline musiclady

Both parties play their constituents in order to stay in power. And both parties are responsible for building that bohemoth in DC. How can that fact be anything other than the reality of how DC came to be? It's mechanisms did not spring into being by force of some alien visitor. It was Democrats and Republicans together that gave us the government we have. Any questions?

And the only reason that Obama got his Iran deal is that some Republicans voted to require a veto proof majority on the bill.

This should NEVER have happened.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Both parties play their constituents in order to stay in power. And both parties are responsible for building that bohemoth in DC. How can that reality be anything other than a fact of how DC came to be? It's mechanisms did not spring into being by force of some alien visitor. It was Democrats and Republicans together that gave us the government we have. Any questions?

None! Not a one!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

Yeah, right.....

Keep the TOS attacks away from here,  OK??

Disagree with what people say, but stop the stupid accusations that anyone here belongs at DU.
Sad.

I understood that you were a great debater?

You use a TOS rule that I didn't violate to use against me?

Let me reiterate .. I alluded to the fact that a poster here and his comments would fit perfectly with the talking points of the sites that I alluded to.

No TOS rules were violated!
None!
============================

Well just Gosh Darn!

I just read your other post and now .. I don't  know what to make of you?

Your a lady after my own heart if I read your other post correctly!

I am so tired and not making a lot of sense so maybe .. we'll make up tomorrow? :beer:

I'm sorry .. off to bed now!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:27:05 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline Paladin

I love how you folks cheer in the downfall of what once was .. America!

I am not quite sure how posting a current and relevant article that supplements a statement made by Flowers constitutes a "cheer in the downfall of what once was .. America." Please explain.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

While we're busy with our circular firing squad, the "news" media are celebrating the Iran deal. Gwen Ifill of PBS tweeted, "Take that, Bibi." What the heck.
PBS Anchor Under Fire for 'Take That Bibi' Tweet

The firestorm over PBS and Gwen Ifill who tweeted about the Iran deal today, "Take that, Bibi," (a shot at Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu) may turn into a scorcher. 

Sources at the Newshour tell FTVLive that PBS is now considering a multi-week suspension of Ifill for violating social media policies requiring reporters/talent to show objectivity across all platforms. 

Word is that several of Ifill's colleagues, including co-anchor Judy Woodruff, are said to be "horrified and infuriated" at Ifill's "juvenile and partisan" social media post.  Some colleagues have asked Ifill to apologize... but Ifill has refused. ...
Rest of story and screenshots of tweets at FTVLive
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Sad.

I understood that you were a great debater?

You use a TOS rule that I didn't violate to use against me?

Let me reiterate .. I alluded to the fact that a poster here and his comments would fit perfectly with the talking points of the sites that I alluded to.

No TOS rules were violated!
None!
============================

Well just Gosh Darn!

I just read your other post and now .. I don't  know what to make of you?

Your a lady after my own heart if I read your other post correctly!

I am so tired and not making a lot of sense so maybe .. we'll make up tomorrow? :beer:

I'm sorry .. off to bed now!

It's simple.  Just don't say that Republicans you don't agree with belong at DU and we'll be fine.

btw, I didn't say you violated a TOS rule (do they have any??), I said you were acting as though this were TOS.

And it isn't.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:46:35 pm by musiclady »