Author Topic: John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser  (Read 3780 times)

Offline mrclose

John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser
« on: August 27, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
I am outraged that this drunken, crying POS has the gall to trash this good and decent man .. a man, running for President and who is a GOP member!!

Any bets that this POS has made a deal with the Democrats?

Speaker of the House John Boehner stunned audience members Wednesday evening at a Colorado fundraiser by referring to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz as a “jackass,” two people in attendance tell The Daily Caller.

At a Steamboat Springs event for GOP Rep. Scott Tipton, the Ohio Republican quipped that he likes how Cruz’s presidential campaign keeps “that jackass” out of Washington, and from telling Boehner how to do his job.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/27/john-boehner-calls-ted-cruz-a-jackass-at-fundraiser/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:26:11 pm »
Ummm... pardon my ignorance, please, but why do you suppose a Senator from Ohio would be raising funds in Colorado?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »
When does this SOB RINO stop???  If anyone is a royal JACKASS it's Boehner. Gee, I for one hope people call this SOB and tell them who the real jackass is! 

Washington, D.C. Office

Address: 1011 Longworth H.O.B. Washington, DC  20515

Phone: (202) 225-6205 Fax: (202) 225-0704

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 07:45:02 pm »

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 07:49:52 pm »
Ummm... pardon my ignorance, please, but why do you suppose a Senator from Ohio would be raising funds in Colorado?
Good question. 

Godzilla

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:24 pm »

"At a Steamboat Springs event for GOP Rep. Scott Tipton"

He's helping raise funds for Scott Tipton.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:58:48 pm by Godzilla »

Offline flowers

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:03:41 pm »

Ahhh, there it is... thanks.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 08:14:46 pm »
On a lighter note ...

Trump, Cruz to Hold Joint Event to Blast Iran Deal

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-cruz-hold-joint-event-blast-iran-deal-33363327
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:31 pm »
On a lighter note ...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-cruz-hold-joint-event-blast-iran-deal-33363327

Trump and Cruz...what an interesting combination.  I like it.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:05 pm »

Boehner trashing a nationally known constitutional conservative in Colorado for an unknown Tipton?  You answered your own question.  IMO

Godzilla

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 12:13:23 am »
Boehner trashing a nationally known constitutional conservative in Colorado for an unknown Tipton?  You answered your own question.  IMO

I asked a question?

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 12:22:33 am »
I asked a question?

Sorry.  You are right.  I was responding to another poster.
Please disregard.  Thank you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:25 am »
On a lighter note ...

Very interesting...both represent the anti-establishment.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 03:48:12 am »

Boo Hoo's not a Senator, he's a member of the House.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 04:13:52 am »
“I don’t think it’s terribly speaker-like, and I think it kind of goes against everything that Reagan ever said about disparaging Republicans,” said Ed MacArthur, the president of Native Excavating, who attended the fundraiser.

That is how leaders speak you frigging moron.  The door is that way -------------> dipsh*t!

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 04:22:49 am »
That is how leaders speak you frigging moron.  The door is that way -------------> dipsh*t!

There is no way outta here, said the joker to the thief.

rangerrebew

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 07:51:17 am »

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Posted By Alex Pappas On 1:00 PM 08/27/2015 In | No Comments

Speaker of the House John Boehner stunned audience members Wednesday evening at a Colorado fundraiser by referring to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz as a “jackass,” two people in attendance tell The Daily Caller.

At a Steamboat Springs event for GOP Rep. Scott Tipton, the Ohio Republican quipped that he likes how Cruz’s presidential campaign keeps “that jackass” out of Washington, and from telling Boehner how to do his job.

That remark rubbed some attendees the wrong way.

“I don’t think it’s terribly speaker-like, and I think it kind of goes against everything that Reagan ever said about disparaging Republicans,” said Ed MacArthur, the president of Native Excavating, who attended the fundraiser.

“It’s becoming very disturbing to me that we can’t have good, polite conversation,” MacArthur said. “It all has to be at the throat.”

But MacArthur added: “I do believe he’s got the right to say it.”

Sen. Ted Cruz poses for a picture at the RedState Gathering in Atlanta, Aug. 8, 2015. (REUTERS/Tami Chappell)

Another Steamboat Springs resident confirmed Boehner’s remark: “I about fell on the floor.”

“To build coalitions to work together in Washington, D.C., you don’t start it out by calling your colleague a ‘jackass,'” she said.

The fundraiser took place at a tavern-styled venue called the Ghost Ranch. About 100 or more people were there. Boehner and Tipton addressed the crowd while standing in front of a stage.

House Speaker John Boehner returns to his office after a visit to the House floor in February 2015. (REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst)

It’s no surprise that Boehner and Cruz have a rocky relationship. The Texas senator and the speaker have clashed over tactics and policy. And Cruz, on the campaign trail, often criticizes the Republican Washington establishment.

For Cruz, the attack could be helpful: Boehner is not beloved by the conservative grassroots activists the Texas senator is courting. And it could further endear Cruz to voters who find Donald Trump’s anti-Washington message appealing.

The Daily Caller has reached out to Boehner, Cruz and Tipton’s press offices for comment.

Follow Alex on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/27/john-boehner-calls-ted-cruz-a-jackass-at-fundraiser/

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:53:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:58 am »
Whatever happened to the idea of removing Boehner as speaker?  Looks like that was nothing but talk.  Boehner, McConnell, Reid, Pelosi, Obama are all on the same team.  Cruz refuses to play ball.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 11:50:07 am »
Trump and Cruz...what an interesting combination.  I like it.

This has got to have the GOPe quaking in their boots.  If these two broke off and ran as a third party ticket with the backing of Jeff Sessions, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh they could easily become the nexus of a new party that would mean the de facto end of the GOP.  The Republican Party would become a party of a few out of touch crony capitalists in country clubs, while the real citizens of the USA divided according to their affection for big government.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 11:53:35 am »
Whatever happened to the idea of removing Boehner as speaker?  Looks like that was nothing but talk.  Boehner, McConnell, Reid, Pelosi, Obama are all on the same team.  Cruz refuses to play ball.

Money!  Sorta like North Korea.  Rattle sabers, make war threats until you get paid off then go back and make your mercedes payment then rest at the country club.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:54:58 am by EdinVA »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 12:28:35 pm »
This has got to have the GOPe quaking in their boots.  If these two broke off and ran as a third party ticket with the backing of Jeff Sessions, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh they could easily become the nexus of a new party that would mean the de facto end of the GOP.  The Republican Party would become a party of a few out of touch crony capitalists in country clubs, while the real citizens of the USA divided according to their affection for big government.

About to get even more interesting!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »
Boo Hoo's not a Senator, he's a member of the House.

My bad - I meant to say "Speaker"; then it was too late to correct it once I noticed the error. "Boo-Hoo" is an appropriate appellation, however.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

From your lips, professor.

I don't relish the thought of the GOP going the way of Whigs, but they have stopped fighting for me. I'm getting buried; my income has shrunk to almost nothing under Obamacare. And the GOP made certain promises to me that they have not kept. The GOP brand name just isn't enough for me to remain loyal anymore.