Author Topic: John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser  (Read 3781 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz A ‘Jackass’ At Fundraiser
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:27 pm »
I strongly suspect that if we knew what was in all those FBI files that Hillary collected in the White House basement we would also know why certain people (Boehner) are acting as they are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:52 pm »
From your lips, professor.

I don't relish the thought of the GOP going the way of Whigs, but they have stopped fighting for me. I'm getting buried; my income has shrunk to almost nothing under Obamacare. And the GOP made certain promises to me that they have not kept. The GOP brand name just isn't enough for me to remain loyal anymore.

Same here.  I've been loyal to the Republican party for forty years now - donating money, making phone calls, distributing and posting signs, letters to the editor.......the last ten years, they've pretty much told me to kiss their a$$.  I hope it doesn't come to that, hoping maybe Trump has a plan to do a "takeover".

:th_10444:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 01:17:36 pm »
Same here.  I've been loyal to the Republican party for forty years now - donating money, making phone calls, distributing and posting signs, letters to the editor.......the last ten years, they've pretty much told me to kiss their a$$.  I hope it doesn't come to that, hoping maybe Trump has a plan to do a "takeover".

Same here Alice and I am DAMNED tired of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 01:19:26 pm »

I have no doubt that Trump has a plan to take over the GOP.  The question is whether he has a backup plan in the event Plan A does not work. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 01:44:43 pm »
I have no doubt that Trump has a plan to take over the GOP.  The question is whether he has a backup plan in the event Plan A does not work.

I'm seeing the beginnings of a strategy with him.  Working with Cruz is brilliant - both of them are fighting the establishment.  Plus, he is exhibiting a softer "tone" lately.  I think he's a contender.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 01:49:16 pm »
I'm seeing the beginnings of a strategy with him.  Working with Cruz is brilliant - both of them are fighting the establishment.  Plus, he is exhibiting a softer "tone" lately.  I think he's a contender.

Yeah.  I am wondering about the new softer tone.  I think he figures now that he has solidified his base he can work the campaign more conventionally.  It might be a mistake because the others in the field are probably better at conventional politics.  But we'll see.  He can always go back to being outrageous.

When people see you as an out-of-control, narcissistic megalomaniac and love you for it, you are impervious to attack.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2015, 02:59:02 am »

I do see perhaps a Trump - Cruz connection, but I for one am somewhat troubled by that union.  A takeover of the GOP?? Then what? Has the focus on him also taken the heat off of Hillary? I also trying to imagine a debate between Trump and Hillary and am unsure of the outcome. Also, I am not so sure that Trump can be trusted due to his comment about running 3rd party.  Secondly, he has "waffled" on the issues of our 2nd amendment.  He out and out verbally attacked a journalist without provocation. We are a Republic with a Constitution to honor and uphold; not a giant business deal to negotiate with other countries.  I 'm just not so certain that in the long run Trump would bolster Cruz's political career; it may have just the opposite outcome and I am starting to slightly question Cruz.  It's similar to Palin joining McCain.  McCain was the front runner but when Palin joined a RINO, in my books, she lost a huge amount of credibility.  Sure, she joined him for a chance to become VP, but in a way in doing so, she compromised her principles.  I see perhaps the same thing happening with a Trump/Cruz relationship.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:00:20 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2015, 03:16:21 am »
I do see perhaps a Trump - Cruz connection, but I for one am somewhat troubled by that union.  A takeover of the GOP?? Then what? Has the focus on him also taken the heat off of Hillary? I also trying to imagine a debate between Trump and Hillary and am unsure of the outcome. Also, I am not so sure that Trump can be trusted due to his comment about running 3rd party.  Secondly, he has "waffled" on the issues of our 2nd amendment.  He out and out verbally attacked a journalist without provocation. We are a Republic with a Constitution to honor and uphold; not a giant business deal to negotiate with other countries.  I 'm just not so certain that in the long run Trump would bolster Cruz's political career; it may have just the opposite outcome and I am starting to slightly question Cruz.  It's similar to Palin joining McCain.  McCain was the front runner but when Palin joined a RINO, in my books, she lost a huge amount of credibility.  Sure, she joined him for a chance to become VP, but in a way in doing so, she compromised her principles.  I see perhaps the same thing happening with a Trump/Cruz relationship.

I understand your concerns.  I felt the same way with Palin/McCain as you did.      I think Ted Cruz is extremely intelligent and hope that he wouldn't compromise his principles.  I think Trump and Cruz have surely had some conversations that have convinced Cruz to go down this road at this time.  Holding my breath and waiting to see - we've had the rug pulled out from under us before, so that is something that is always uppermost in my mind too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 05:17:31 am »
Just a reminder about Hillary's situation.

For months Hillary ignored FBI and would not provide the server as requested. Finally, she said she'll comply. But, just before turning over the server she sends it to a company in New Jersey to have it professionally scrubbed.

The FBI has been trying to get at that server for months and just before she turns it over she scrubs it? You think the investigators, pros that they are, might be a little suspicious?

And as a general rule, politicians under investigation never get their party's nomination.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 11:13:41 am »
I understand your concerns.  I felt the same way with Palin/McCain as you did.      I think Ted Cruz is extremely intelligent and hope that he wouldn't compromise his principles.  I think Trump and Cruz have surely had some conversations that have convinced Cruz to go down this road at this time.  Holding my breath and waiting to see - we've had the rug pulled out from under us before, so that is something that is always uppermost in my mind too.

Cruz is not the only conservative who has toyed with sipping or sipped from the cup of Trumpade.  Jeff Sessions has lent a helping hand, and so have Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and Newsmax.  Glenn Beck is antagonistic, but supports Cruz, so if Cruz were to join forces with Trump at some point one wonders what Beck might do.  Breitbart is also not yet intoxicated by the comb-over.  And Murdoch?  Who knows?  I can't help but wonder whether there have been any "billionaire to billionaire" talks between The Donald and the Murdochs. 

Trump's campaign is not "conservative" in the sense of hanging its identity on it, nor need it be.  It appears that so long as he promises to round up all the illegals and ship them out, conservatives don't much care what else he stands for.  Perplexing, I know, for the former party of free trade and international cooperation.  But there it is.