Author Topic: BREAKING: Shooting during live TV report in Virginia; reporter and cameraman dead  (Read 23976 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I really don't want to be crude but is "Flanagan", the shooter, one of those "Black Irish" I hear so much about?

Doesn't Vester Lee Flanagan II sound like a fake name?  Weird.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Ever notice how serial killers and mass shooters always have a middle name, and it's usually Lee?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

I did a little investigating and founf 45 points of similarity between this killing and the Kennedy assassination.  For example, both killers have the word "Lee" in their names, both killers have three full names, and have exactly the same number of syllables in their names.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Ever notice how serial killers and mass shooters always have a middle name, and it's usually Lee?

I have.

My middle name is Lea (pronounced Lee)...........

:whistle:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online andy58-in-nh

Or Wayne.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

I did a little investigating and founf 45 points of similarity between this killing and the Kennedy assassination.  For example, both killers have the word "Lee" in their names, both killers have three full names, and have exactly the same number of syllables in their names.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

:laugh:   I'm liking the direction this 'conversation' is headed.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Lee Harvey Oswald....5 syllables

Vester Lee Flanagan....6 syllables

....back to the drawing board. ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

:laugh:   I'm liking the direction this 'conversation' is headed.....

Yes, it's good to laugh a little...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Lee Harvey Oswald....5 syllables

Vester Lee Flanagan....6 syllables

....back to the drawing board. ^-^

Someone actually counted?  I'll take that as a victory.  What you failed to consider is that the second "a" in Flanagan is silent. 

Offline GourmetDan

I explained that to you, Dan. When the camera is about to roll or is rolling, talent blocks out the extraneous and focuses on the interview. The big black guy could walk up stark naked and they wouldn't notice. They are busy getting the interview. They're focused. Hyper focused. Camera lighting also reduces the eyes accommodation and thus visual cues.

It was 6:46 am, no one else is around and a big black guy walks up to your 'interview'... they probably felt the walkway shaking from this guy walking up... there was literally no one else around... the guy raises a gun practically in your face... the camera wasn't rolling... that's why the 'shooter' lowered the gun and waited for the cameraman to start shooting... , you look at him but you don't 'notice'... he's standing close enough to touch the camera man but you don't 'notice'?

That's B.S.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

It was 6:46 am, no one else is around and a big black guy walks up to your 'interview'... they probably felt the walkway shaking from this guy walking up... there was literally no one else around... the guy raises a gun practically in your face... the camera wasn't rolling... that's why the 'shooter' lowered the gun and waited for the cameraman to start shooting... , you look at him but you don't 'notice'... he's standing close enough to touch the camera man but you don't 'notice'?

That's B.S.

I fear you may be alone on this one, Dan. But you've never been one to back down. Stay thirsty, my friend.  :beer:

bkepley

Offline GourmetDan

I fear you may be alone on this one, Dan. But you've never been one to back down. Stay thirsty, my friend.  :beer:

Why would you be afraid to hold a minority position AC?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

Yes, it's good to laugh a little...

Can we talk about that fake moon landing next??    ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

Why would you be afraid to hold a minority position AC?

Sorry, I don't think it's a minority position. More like an outlier position.

But, that's not what I said. I said you don't back down. I was giving you a complement.

Online andy58-in-nh

Not only that, but there was a grassy knoll right beside the shooting site, a woman with an open umbrella on a clear day, and I'm pretty sure I saw E. Howard Hunt and George Bush standing across the street, disguised as bums.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

I really don't want to be crude but is "Flanagan", the shooter, one of those "Black Irish" I hear so much about?

H - A - double R - I - G- A - N  spells Flanagan.

(Sorry... but there's always a song in my head......)

Offline GourmetDan

So why would you be afraid to hold an outlier position AC?

Offline musiclady

But, that's not what I said. I said you don't back down. I was giving you a complement.

That was obvious, ac.  Persistence can be a virtue.

Offline aligncare

I remember a TV show from the 60s that had that musical theme. Is that from where you recall it?

Offline aligncare

So why would you be afraid to hold an outlier position AC?

No. If I believe in something, I fight for it. But, I can't get on this hoax bandwagon because I don't believe it.

Offline musiclady

I remember a TV show from the 60s that had that musical theme. Is that from where you recall it?

It was the theme song of an old show (Harrigan and Sons?), but I remember it better from the movie "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with James Cagney playing George M. Cohan. (It was a Cohan song.......... and I can sing every word!)  I also have the sheet music for it.

I love songs from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.   I'm kinda weird that way.  ^-^

Offline aligncare

I remember now. The show was called Harrigan. H-A-double R-I---G-A-N-spells Harrigan, was the theme song.

Offline aligncare

Beat me to the punch. You know your music!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:15:18 pm by aligncare »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald