Author Topic: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV  (Read 16795 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2015, 09:42:08 pm »
For as long as I've been participating in these forums people have always accused me of having some sort of an agenda on immigration that's driven by my ethnicity and not for love of my country (the U.S.) because I've chosen to post under my real name. Lots of people could never quite grasp the idea that I love this country, but I saw a different path to solving the immigration issue than they did.

We ALWAYS assume that those with whom we don't see eye to eye with have some sort of sinister agenda.

That's wrong but sadly it happens.

I never think along those lines, Luis. Just as I would never want anyone to accuse me of being racist because of my point of view. I happen to love everyone, find something to admire in every culture, and treat everyone I come into contact with, in person or on the Internet, with a level of dignity and respect. Unless they force the issue otherwise.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Donald Trump Resumes Attack on Megyn Kelly as She Returns to TV
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2015, 09:51:08 pm »
You don't fool me for a minute, Luis. 

I know you love the USA and have what you think...its best interests at heart.   :patriot:

Her best interest.

She's a lady... my loving stepmom who accepted me when I was forced to leave my mother country.

This debate is not unusual this year. It's the same debate every primary cycle.

One group of people support ideologues, and one group supports managers.

This year, the ideologue crew has the equivalent of a Rock Star leading the charge, (even I have to admit that Trump is way more exciting than Fred Thompson or Alan Keyes), and the "immigration all day every day" bunch have someone WAAAAAAAY more digestible than Tom Tancredo.

I believe in Governors as Presidents, and ideologues who look at crowds and promise results that seem to good to be true if they're elected, but only if THEY are elected, frighten me. I'm from that school that says that if things seem too good to be true, it is because they are.

My top tier of candidates are governors (Cruz has somehow managed to push his way in there) because I can see their records and envision what they will do (or what they will try to do) while in office. When I look at a candidate and have no idea what they will be like in office but I see them predicting great changes if elected, I discard them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:14:24 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx