Author Topic: Trump Moves Campaign Rally In Alabama From 14K Seat Auditorium To 50K Seat Stadium  (Read 2047 times)

Offline famousdayandyear

http://www.hapblog.com/2015/08/trump-moves-campaign-rally-in-alabama.html

Trump Moves Campaign Rally In Alabama From 14K Seat Auditorium To 50K Seat Stadium

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump is again moving his Friday evening rally in Mobile, Ala., to a venue with more seating amid overwhelming demand, according to a Thursday news report.

Trump is now conducting a Friday night pep rally and town hall event at the Ladd Peebles Stadium, home to the University of South Alabama’s football team, according to CBS’s local affiliate.

Trump had already moved from the Mobile Civic Center Theater to the center’s main arena, which has a capacity of 14,000. Tickets for Trump’s stop were selling so quickly, however, that another venue move was needed.

"It's going to end up at thirty- to forty-thousand people in Alabama," Trump said this week.

Ladd Peebles Stadium hosts the South Alabama Jaguars’ home games, as well as two college bowl games a season. The sporting arena also reportedly has maximum capacity of 50,000 people.

Trump’s stop in Mobile comes as he leads the race for the GOP’s 2016 presidential nomination across multiple national polls.

bkepley

Heck why not just go for broke and run for emperor?

Offline kevindavis007

I know to hell with freedom..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline famousdayandyear

Interesting comment. 

Seems to me we already have an emperor whom I believe is currently enjoying his 22nd golf-playing  junket on the very, very posh and exclusive Martha's Vineyard. 

And as I recall, American taxpayers will be stuck with the bill.  I guess Camp David is just so, I don't know, "common".

Offline kevindavis007

Interesting comment. 

Seems to me we already have an emperor whom I believe is currently enjoying his 22nd golf-playing  junket on the very, very posh and exclusive Martha's Vineyard. 

And as I recall, American taxpayers will be stuck with the bill.  I guess Camp David is just so, I don't know, "common".

Republican Emperors good...

Democrat Emperors bad...

got it...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:45:58 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't understand how having to move to a larger venue translates to Emperor.  ???

:shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

I don't understand how having to move to a larger venue translates to Emperor.  ???

:shrug:

Just a joke.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As long as he doesn't show up with the Greek columns.    :laugh:

Of course, consider the mindset of a person that finds fault with moving a rally from a 14,000 seat capacity to one more than 3 times larger? 

The demand for tickets is overwhelming.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American voter. We saw this sort of hero worship with Obama when he first ran. All Donald needs is fainters.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

bkepley

Okay, I get it!   :laugh:

I'll say one thing...he evidently has a lot of courage but I guess they all do.

Offline aligncare

Interesting comment. 

Excellent, excellent! I hadn't thought of that. I doubt Trump will stick it to the taxpayers for his vacations. I also doubt he will take as many as The One and Mrs. One has.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:29:54 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

By the way, I don't doubt Trump's campaign knowingly under booked the event so that they could then make news about overflowing crowds and needing to supersize the venue.

The man is smart and determined, and he's used to succeeding.

Offline libertybele

...hmmm somehow if Jeb had announced he had to move his venue to a larger auditorium to seat 50k it wouldn't even be a discussion.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:04:17 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

...hmmm somehow if Jeb had announced he had to move his venue to a larger auditorium to seat 50k it wouldn't even be a discussion.

Of course not but there are very good reasons why Trump is treated specially including his own behavior.  Trump is special.  Don' try to pretend otherwise.

Godzilla

Interesting comment. 

Well, you know.  Martha's Vinyard is for the Bushes, you see.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Excellent, excellent! I hadn't thought of that. I doubt Trump will stick it to the taxpayers for his vacations. I also doubt he will take as many as The One and Mrs. One has.

Does Trump ever actually take vacations? I seem to recall him saying no a long time back - he'll take a half day off to recharge here and there, but even his golf games are mostly business and slow because he's constantly on the phone to people.

:chairbang: Stop making me be fair to Trump.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

As long as he doesn't show up with the Greek columns.    :laugh:

Of course, consider the mindset of a person that finds fault with moving a rally from a 14,000 seat capacity to one more than 3 times larger? 

The demand for tickets is overwhelming.

Only draw bigger in AL is the Univ. of AL football games. Not bad for a Yankee. Of course he and Sen Sessions will bring the House Down. Go Trump and Cruz. :patriot:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:23:55 am by Longiron »

Offline famousdayandyear

Senator Jeff Sessions is one of the most respected in the US Senate, because of his personal integrity and devotion to the Constitution.  He will serve as an excellent resource and mentor to a presidential candidate.

Offline olde north church

Senator Jeff Sessions is one of the most respected in the US Senate, because of his personal integrity and devotion to the Constitution.  He will serve as an excellent resource and mentor to a presidential candidate.

You learn a lot about a man by whom he surrounds himself with and who his enemies are.  He's doing well on both counts.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It will be interesting to see how the yankee is received.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I know to hell with freedom..

What does that even mean?

Offline aligncare

What does that even mean?

Trump's a closet fascist?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump's a closet fascist? 

I really don't have a clue.  But, after reading some posts lately I'm starting to wonder if there's an active drinking club on "campus".   ^-^