Author Topic: GOP Openly Lashing Out at Base  (Read 11295 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: GOP Openly Lashing Out at Base
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »
IMO, that's not going to happen.

Supposedly, 5 million SOCONS stayed home rather than vote for Mitt Romney. 

Anybody that's been on the forums for the past 15 years knows that ONLY Social Conservatives are capable of doing that.  Rather than cast a vote for the good of the party and hold their noses....they said, "Nope!   My principles are more important than the country!"

GOP establishment people won't stay home.   They're going to be susceptible to the same fever that I've just contracted.

They will piss and moan, but they'll show up, rather than suffering through 'Obama III and Obama IV'.

Yet, they are the alleged RINOs.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 09:26:17 pm »
Yet, they are the alleged RINOs.

Not to me, Luis.

It's quite comical to read posts from members in here that I truly respect, calling some of us "low-information", "idiot", "moron", when they've demonstrated since 2010 that their first priority is to make sure we don't piss off the mainstream media by attacking Obama and the Democrat record of governing since 2006.

They don't realize it but their idea of 'winning' is to let Obama have and do anything he wants without a fight.

George Will said yesterday that it's not their fault.  That we should blame James Madison for writing the Separation of Powers feature into the Constitution.

Where did Separation of Powers come in when they passed Obamacare?  Or bombing Libya?  Or recently, the "Arrangement" with Iran on nuke research?

The so-called GOPe should stop looking at me as the problem.  They should look in the mirror for the problem.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:27:42 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 09:29:55 pm »
The so-called GOPe should stop looking at me as the problem.  They should look in the mirror for the problem.

:amen:  :amen: and :amen:

I am sick to death of being patronized and lied to by the establishment! Not going to put up with it anymore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 09:34:21 pm »
:amen:  :amen: and :amen:

I am sick to death of being patronized and lied to by the establishment! Not going to put up with it anymore!

I'm with you, buddy!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 09:48:30 pm »
Not to me, Luis.

It's quite comical to read posts from members in here that I truly respect, calling some of us "low-information", "idiot", "moron", when they've demonstrated since 2010 that their first priority is to make sure we don't piss off the mainstream media by attacking Obama and the Democrat record of governing since 2006.

They don't realize it but their idea of 'winning' is to let Obama have and do anything he wants without a fight.

George Will said yesterday that it's not their fault.  That we should blame James Madison for writing the Separation of Powers feature into the Constitution.

Where did Separation of Powers come in when they passed Obamacare?  Or bombing Libya?  Or recently, the "Arrangement" with Iran on nuke research?

The "base" or rather those who think themselves to be the base, is not the base.

The GOPe is the establishment because they keep getting re-elected EVEN WHEN THE "BASE" REBELS AND SEEKS TO UNSEAT THEM.

We saw that in the midterms.

McConnell is still in, Boehner is still the Speaker.

The "base" are the people in the States that continue to re-elect the established candidates, and not the people who everyone claims that they are.

Obamacare was passed because the Democrats had a veto-proof and unbeatable super majority, and you can blame whoever you want to blame about why they won those super majorities, but at the end of the day the fact that they won super majorities can only be attributed to the fact that (for whatever the reason may be) their candidates garnered a greater mount of votes than ours did.

The base of my house, the foundation, is the foundation irrespective of whether there is sunshine and mild weather or torrential rains and flooding outside. It can't be the base only when the weather conditions are favorable and mild.

The base are those people who will "piss and moan", but at the end of the day will "show up" and vote GOP.

Those that will not show up to vote GOP, or cast a vote to some other Party because the Party's nominee does suit their principles are the RINOs.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 09:59:46 pm »
Not to me, Luis.

I was going to waste more time trying to state my opinions on this - but you have gone and read my mind and stated it better than I could.  I'll let your statement stand for me too, because I agree with every word.

Well said!

:amen:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 10:22:29 pm »
I'm with you, buddy!   :beer:
Add me to your list.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 10:32:01 pm »
So that's four votes for a Democrat on this page of this thread.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 10:34:26 pm »
The "base" or rather those who think themselves to be the base, is not the base.

The GOPe is the establishment because they keep getting re-elected EVEN WHEN THE "BASE" REBELS AND SEEKS TO UNSEAT THEM.

We saw that in the midterms.

McConnell is still in, Boehner is still the Speaker.

The "base" are the people in the States that continue to re-elect the established candidates, and not the people who everyone claims that they are.

Obamacare was passed because the Democrats had a veto-proof and unbeatable super majority, and you can blame whoever you want to blame about why they won those super majorities, but at the end of the day the fact that they won super majorities can only be attributed to the fact that (for whatever the reason may be) their candidates garnered a greater mount of votes than ours did.

The base of my house, the foundation, is the foundation irrespective of whether there is sunshine and mild weather or torrential rains and flooding outside. It can't be the base only when the weather conditions are favorable and mild.

The base are those people who will "piss and moan", but at the end of the day will "show up" and vote GOP.

Those that will not show up to vote GOP, or cast a vote to some other Party because the Party's nominee does suit their principles are the RINOs.

I seem to recall Harry Reid amending the Senate Rules and Pelosi literally changing locks on the doors to keep Republicans out in order to use their so-called Super Majority.

Obama has proven that he doesn't recognize the Separation of Powers and rules by EO and fiat.

And the so-called GOP majority bends over singing, "Give it to me one more time!"   

Sorry, but I've reached the point where being a gentleman doesn't cut it.  Being proper and so-called mature doesn't work or win hearts and minds.

Nope...I want a brash, crazy MFer who will turn my country around.  Today.  Not tomorrow, not next week or month.  T.O.D.A.Y.!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:28 pm »

We'll see, Luis.  We'll see.   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2015, 10:36:31 pm »

Screw you Luis! You and the GOPe!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 11:00:54 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

I certainly appreciate your posting that, Luis.

But, polls are worthless today, this far out from the election.

I'd rather believe my own lyin' eyes.   :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 11:10:16 pm »
I certainly appreciate your posting that, Luis.

But, polls are worthless today, this far out from the election.

I'd rather believe my own lyin' eyes.   :laugh:

So then, the whole "the people want non-establishment types, just look at the polls" thing is worthless?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »
So then, the whole "the people want non-establishment types, just look at the polls" thing is worthless?

People will always rush to cite a poll that favors their preconceived notion(s).

Trump is as popular as the Beatles were when they went on the Ed Sullivan Show.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sclfhlScwkk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:15:37 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 11:14:40 pm »

Try Dos Equis

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 11:25:01 pm »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:32 pm »
People will always rush to cite a poll that favors their preconceived notion(s).

Trump is as popular as the Beatles were when they went on the Ed Sullivan Show.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sclfhlScwkk

To teenaged girls mostly.

Parents were threatened by them.

Offline evadR

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 11:28:21 pm »
Paving the way for Ted Cruz :)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:59 pm »
To teenaged girls mostly.

Parents were threatened by them.

And yet, they shaped and changed the culture.    :laugh:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 11:39:10 pm »
Trump is going to end the GOP.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »

Aye!  Como esta?   

We can only hope that's true, Dex.    Time for a Constitution Party.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 11:47:51 pm »

Meh.  They shoot horses, don't they?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:57 pm »

When I was a young lad my dad, my brother, and I had been out one day fixing fence all day in the hot July sun. When Dad said "That's it for today"  we got on our horses and headed to the house. The horse my brother was riding that day was known to be barn burned so my brother had kept his hammer in his hand when he got on and sure enough as soon as we turned toward that barn his horse bolted. My brother immediately whacked him a good one right between the ears with the side of that hammer and the horse went down like he had been shot!  My dad came back yelling at my brother "Damn boy you are going to kill that horse!" Without even a moments hesitation my brother came back with "Well he ain't worth a damn like he is!"  By that time my brother had dusted himself off and the horse had gotten up so he remounted and we rode quietly back to the house side by side.

It's hammer time for the GOPe!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2015, 12:12:17 am »
bk wrote above:
[[ You know this is the GOP Briefing Room? ]]

I know it -ain't- (no longer) the "GOP" Briefing Room, but just "The Briefing Room".

The domain name still is "gopbriefingroom.com" because (as I recall her posting here) the owner says it would be too much trouble to actually change it.

I'm sure that if I'm in error about that, she'll jump right in and correct me...