Author Topic: Trump vows to deport all undocumented immigrants and rescind any protections put in place by Obama  (Read 17708 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
 Trump vows to deport all undocumented immigrants and rescind any protections put in place by Obama

Donald Trump has vowed to deport every single one of the country's illegal immigrants and rescind any executive orders Barack Obama put in place to protect them.

'We're going to keep the families together, but they have to go,' Trump told NBC's Meet the Press in an interview that is set to air on Sunday morning.

Asked by host Chuck Todd about illegal immigrants who might have nowhere else to go, Trump said: 'We will work with them.

'They have to go ... we either have a country, or we don't have a country,' he added.

Trump, 69, also said in the interview he would need to rescind Obama's executive orders on immigration, including one that protects from deportation the children of parents who came to the country illegally.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3199766/We-going-families-Trump-vows-deport-undocumented-immigrants-rescind-protections-place-Obama.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Is that 'Conservative' enough for some of you in the forum?      :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

Ditto and he will DO it, not just talk about it like 95% of the RINOGOP candidates.

Online libertybele

I do believe that if elected he would put that in motion.  That is not my concern with Trump.  My concern is him acting more like a dictator than a president.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

I do believe that if elected he would put that in motion.  That is not my concern with Trump.  My concern is him acting more like a dictator than a president.

Well, if we had to put up with Obama's style of governing these past years, then I suggest you buckle up and enjoy the ride.

I, for one, would welcome it.  Would be interesting to see what Republicans would fight him on his Executive Orders.

And it would be entertaining to see the Democrats and their friends in the mainstream media squeal like the pigs they are.

Offline NavyCanDo

First let me say, there is nothing "Conservative" about saying you will round up 11 million people and deport them. It would cost hundreds of billions, and would take a Gestapo like government force kicking down doors all over the country. You remember the horrific scenes of such tactics used to deport little  Elián González?  Conservatives were the ones horrified the most by that story.  Will you be cheering for the Trump Gestapo as they kick down doors in your neighborhood?   I'm not saying 'don't do anything' - but the Trump answer he gave (and it will be different to another audience) is bad for conservatisms, and bad for America.

And then do you really think Trump would actually deport all  illegals?   Are trump supporters really that gullible?   I will guarantee you right here and now, and you can save this post and rub it in my face if  he wins, -  if he actually rounds up the  illegals and deports them, and by the end of his term we are no longer discussing the illegal immigration problem.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:23:38 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Do you Trump supporters even remember where Trump stood on the problem of illegals when Romney was running for president? He thought Romney's "self deportation" plan was to brutal, and would turn away the Latino vote.

Trump's very words..."The Republican Party will continue to lose presidential elections if it comes across as mean-spirited and unwelcoming toward people of color. Whether intended or not, comments and policies of Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates during this election were seen by Hispanics and Asians as hostile to them".    Donald Trump to newsmax.

His supporters are in denial about the flip flops on immigration, wealth taxes, single payer, the competence of Hillary Clinton, etc.. His willingness to say anything in the present seems powerful enough to overcome anything he may have said 3 years ago or even 3 minutes ago.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online libertybele

First let me say, there is nothing "Conservative" about saying you will round up 11 million people and deport them. It would cost hundreds of billions, and would take a Gestapo like government force kicking down doors all over the country. You remember the horrific scenes of such tactics used to deport little  Elián González?  Conservatives were the ones horrified the most by that story.  Will you be cheering for the Trump Gestapo as they kick down doors in your neighborhood?   I'm not saying 'don't do anything' - but the Trump answer he gave (and it will be different to another audience) is bad for conservatisms, and bad for America.

And then do you really think Trump would actually deport all  illegals?   Are trump supporters really that gullible?   I will guarantee you right here and now, and you can save this post and rub it in my face if  he wins, -  if he actually rounds up the  illegals and deports them, and by the end of his term we are no longer discussing the illegal immigration problem.

I disagree.  Rounding up 11,000+ ILLEGALS who broke the laws and not granting amnesty IS conservative.  I don't see Trump ordering the "Gestapo" to kick down doors and lining up people,  but I do see him seizing business assets of businesses who employee illegals, I do see him ceasing to give benefits to those who are here illegally; in those cases many will self deport.  Above all, I do see him emptying the jail cells of illegals and returning them back to where they came.  Much better than doing absolutely nothing and taxpayers supporting those that are here illegally.  Our economy can no long sustain the illegal population that is already here. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I used to hear "conservatism" speak out opposing police state tactics, like profiling every resident to inspect their papers, etc.

Now contemporary "conservatism" can now be anything that Trump says, on a given day. And low information angry hordes lap it up.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

I'm about tired of the Media Misery Industry caring about people hiding in shadows and medical procedures in back alleys.  I'm tired of NOT reading about Americans getting shot in the head, raped in their bedrooms and killed on the highways by people who don't frigging belong here.  We stand up for what we have or wave bye-bye to America.
F*ck them and the horse they rode in on.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online libertybele

I used to hear "conservatism" speak out opposing police state tactics, like profiling every resident to inspect their papers, etc.

Now contemporary "conservatism" can now be anything that Trump says, on a given day. And low information angry hordes lap it up.

No, not everything Trump says and certainly not "profiling" every resident, nor going door to door.  Certainly making those who employ, rent or assist illegals should be held accountable.  Rental agencies can certainly ask for proof of citizenship.  When we apply for loans, mortgages, etc., we are asked for a drivers license.  When we write a check at the supermarket we are asked for a drivers license.  NO MORE DRIVER'S licenses without proof of citizenship would be a starter.   Issuing voting cards to illegals is ridiculous and I certainly see no infringement on rights of illegals sitting in our jail cells taking our space and taxpayer dollars and sending them back to where the came. 

Perhaps you would rather maintain the ridiculous political correctness of sanctuary cities and the catch and release program that we now have the enables illegals to inflict crimes upon legal citizens. 

Offline EdinVA

I'm about tired of the Media Misery Industry caring about people hiding in shadows and medical procedures in back alleys.  I'm tired of NOT reading about Americans getting shot in the head, raped in their bedrooms and killed on the highways by people who don't frigging belong here.  We stand up for what we have or wave bye-bye to America.
F*ck them and the horse they rode in on.

:amen:

Offline truth_seeker

I disagree.  Rounding up 11,000+ ILLEGALS who broke the laws and not granting amnesty IS conservative.  I don't see Trump ordering the "Gestapo" to kick down doors and lining up people,  but I do see him seizing business assets of businesses who employee illegals, I do see him ceasing to give benefits to those who are here illegally; in those cases many will self deport.  Above all, I do see him emptying the jail cells of illegals and returning them back to where they came.  Much better than doing absolutely nothing and taxpayers supporting those that are here illegally.  Our economy can no long sustain the illegal population that is already here.
Those sound like "Executive Orders" like Obama. So the businesses are guilty and get their assets seized, just like that? No "due process" or "presumption of innocence."

That happens to be fascistic. The factors of production are not owned by the state in fascism, but the state wields an iron fist over their use.

Sounds a lot to me like "conservatism" in its frustration, is willing to continue to be dumbed down, and dumbed down some more IF the leader is STRONG, and is against what you are against, and is for what you are for at this time.

But Der Leader Trump is all over the map on his snap of the tongue pronouncements.  Today it is round up them all, but tomorrow it will be modified to round up just the "bad" ones.

Here is the problem. We have gross incompetency in government. More than philosophical issues, the incompetency is huge.

They are incompetent to identify and handle the "bad" ones today. What makes you assume they will miraculously become competent?

What about a society wherein the authorities are actively trying to identify and deport the "bad" ones? Do they challenge the people who have Hispanic appearance? What about if you have an Hispanic appearance, but you are a native born citizen? What about an authority that doesn't believe you?

Will authorities detain you, take you to the station? Will you get a phone call to your family, to bring your birth certificate?

Seems like the Soviet Union, East Germany and Nazi Germany. Only here in America today the "authorities" will be career government employees.

Those sound like "Executive Orders" like Obama. So the businesses are guilty and get their assets seized, just like that? No "due process" or "presumption of innocence."

That happens to be fascistic. The factors of production are not owned by the state in fascism, but the state wields an iron fist over their use.

Sounds a lot to me like "conservatism" in its frustration, is willing to continue to be dumbed down, and dumbed down some more IF the leader is STRONG, and is against what you are against, and is for what you are for at this time.

But Der Leader Trump is all over the map on his snap of the tongue pronouncements.  Today it is round up them all, but tomorrow it will be modified to round up just the "bad" ones.

Here is the problem. We have gross incompetency in government. More than philosophical issues, the incompetency is huge.

They are incompetent to identify and handle the "bad" ones today. What makes you assume they will miraculously become competent?

What about a society wherein the authorities are actively trying to identify and deport the "bad" ones? Do they challenge the people who have Hispanic appearance? What about if you have an Hispanic appearance, but you are a native born citizen? What about an authority that doesn't believe you?

Will authorities detain you, take you to the station? Will you get a phone call to your family, to bring your birth certificate?

Seems like the Soviet Union, East Germany and Nazi Germany. Only here in America today the "authorities" will be career government employees.

So we pretend the Congress and Senate are doing their jobs.  Sounds like a plan.

Offline EdinVA

Well TS, I thought conservatives believed in the rule of law?
Employees are not property and if the company has hired illegals, then tough.

Both parties have REFUSED to abide by the law, and called it politics,  to the point that it is out of control.
Keep in mind that the Border Patrol estimates that 5% of illegals are from terrorist sponsoring countries and you want to give them amnesty?
MS13 is principally from central america, not Mexico and you want to give them amnesty?

Worrying about the " Innocent"... You are either part of the solution or part of the problem, no in-between.
If you are not part of the solution, then I guess you loose.

Offline kevindavis007

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

Do you Trump supporters even remember where Trump stood on the problem of illegals when Romney was running for president? He thought Romney's "self deportation" plan was to brutal, and would turn away the Latino vote.

Trump's very words..."The Republican Party will continue to lose presidential elections if it comes across as mean-spirited and unwelcoming toward people of color. Whether intended or not, comments and policies of Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates during this election were seen by Hispanics and Asians as hostile to them".    Donald Trump to newsmax.

His supporters are in denial about the flip flops on immigration, wealth taxes, single payer, the competence of Hillary Clinton, etc.. His willingness to say anything in the present seems powerful enough to overcome anything he may have said 3 years ago or even 3 minutes ago.

Also his big issue back then was Obama's birth certificate.. I'm still waiting for the information that he claimed to have.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

bkepley

Until recently I've never heard it claimed that deportation is a conservative tenet although it has clearly become a right-wing one.

Offline NavyCanDo

I can envision the same discussion (with people of opposing views) happening in the dorm rooms and halls of the University of Munich in 1940. Where on the least popular side of the argument per the polls, stood Hans Scholl, Sophie Scholl, Inge Scholl, Alex Schmorell, Willi Graf, Christoph Probst, and professor  Kurt Huber. Friends who began to question and resist the principals and policies of the new  regime.

Well that is exactly what I and others here are doing, questioning the principals and policies of a Trump regime if God forbid that happens. And if I stand on the least popular side - so be it.   My soul will be with good company, like those names above, who are heroes of mine. 

Offline truth_seeker

Contemporary "Conservatism" is whatever the "Messiah-of-the-Month" says it is. Only Loud matters.

We don't need no stinkin Congress or Courts, when our CEO can issue diktates to the federal troopers, to go round up the undesirable caste of the moment and put them on buses.

Due process? Nada. Innocent until proved guilty? Nada.

Your papers. You say you don't have them with you at the moment, never been asked before, born in Arizona. But your skin is too dark and the name you gave is Hispanic.  Get in the bus.

"When they came for the Hispanics...."

...then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew... When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out. Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller (14 January 1892 – 6 March 1984) was a Protestant pastor and social activist.

Offline NavyCanDo

I, for one, would welcome it.  Would be interesting to see what Republicans would fight him on his Executive Orders.

Translation - Yes he would be a dictator, but he's "Our" dictator. 

If you aren't willing to "break a couple of eggs" to make the American omelet, the blood of every innocent American killed by an illegal alien is on your hands.  Period.  Take your Glenn Beck teddy bears and diapers to the border and wave'em on in.  PERIOD!

Offline musiclady

Methinks the actual facts don't interfere where Trump-mania is concerned....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I can envision the same discussion (with people of opposing views) happening in the dorm rooms and halls of the University of Munich in 1940. Where on the least popular side of the argument per the polls, stood Hans Scholl, Sophie Scholl, Inge Scholl, Alex Schmorell, Willi Graf, Christoph Probst, and professor  Kurt Huber. Friends who began to question and resist the principals and policies of the new  regime.

Well that is exactly what I and others here are doing, questioning the principals and policies of a Trump regime if God forbid that happens. And if I stand on the least popular side - so be it.   My soul will be with good company, like those names above, who are heroes of mine.

Profound post, Navy.

I'm afraid that is exactly where we are.  On the precipice.

And those of us who take the least popular views will most likely be on the right side of history.

As was brave, young Sophie Scholl.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
You know folks, if we are pulling out the Hitler Card already, I'd suggest that Trump isn't the only one engaging in hyperbole.

(How ironic is it that we bring out Hitler in criticism of someone other than an Obama Democrat  *hmmmm* )
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan