Author Topic: Trump vows to deport all undocumented immigrants and rescind any protections put in place by Obama  (Read 17707 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I disagree that they will self-deport if you cut off their gvmnt assistance however I have no problem whatsoever in doing that.  They should not be receiving it anyway whatever "it" is.

You obviously don't understand what I mean when I say all of them. No house, no driver's license, no medical care, no anything. Capeech?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't think these are "words out of Trump's mouth", but they go a long way towards explaining his popularity right now:

Offline Paladin

Also I don't think we will have the manpower to deport every illegal immigrant in this country as well..

Possibly. However, if we seriously start such a process it will discourage others from coming here. Illegals continue to pour across our borders since there is no downside for doing so.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online libertybele

Also I don't think we will have the manpower to deport every illegal immigrant in this country as well..

Deporting "every" illegal is impossible.  Making it more difficult for illegals to exist here by not giving them any benefits so that they self deport and deporting those in our prison systems is plausible. Making it more difficult for them to come here in the first place, erecting a secured fence and placing a moratorium on immigration into this country is imperative.

Not enough manpower?  Think job creation!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

You obviously don't understand what I mean when I say all of them. No house, no driver's license, no medical care, no anything. Capeech?

Do you know any illegals?  Know anything about their lives here and how they have dealt with adversity here?  Do you know they will certainly get no government assistance if they return to whatever hell hole they came from and even less prospect of finding a better life than if they stay here even if they are treated as third class citizens here.  By all means they should be treated as illegals but I doubt that would cauwe many to go back from what I have seen.  Certainly though I have no problem with your "solution" except it is not really a solution to anything except Federal Spending.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth_seeker asked above:
[[ Will authorities detain you, take you to the station? Will you get a phone call to your family, to bring your birth certificate?
Seems like the Soviet Union, East Germany and Nazi Germany. Only here in America today the "authorities" will be career government employees. ]]

I may be wrong, but I have read that back in the days of Ellis Island (when my own grandparents arrived in the USA), if for some reason an immigrant was found to be not acceptable to a certain set of standards, that person was "culled out" and put back on a ship headed to where he came from in relatively short order.

There wasn't much "due process" in the old days.
I'd like to see things get back to that way, again.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Clearing the hives out would help too.
Sending some ICE officers and transports around the various big box parking lots every morning would net a reasonable haul as well.
Gang-banger gets pulled in by the cops for any reason? Assess the charge - if it's not murder or equivalent, say screw charging them and hold them until ICE picks them up and sticks them on a plane to Mexico city with just the clothes on their backs and what's in their pockets.

A few weeks of that and the back of the problem is broken.

Yes, it'll cost. So?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Do you know any illegals?  Know anything about their lives here and how they have dealt with adversity here?  Do you know they will certainly get no government assistance if they return to whatever hell hole they came from and even less prospect of finding a better life than if they stay here even if they are treated as third class citizens here.  By all means they should be treated as illegals but I doubt that would cauwe many to go back from what I have seen.  Certainly though I have no problem with your "solution" except it is not really a solution to anything except Federal Spending.

Think about what you just said. Stop and really think about it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

bkepley

Think about what you just said. Stop and really think about it.

Ok I've done that..and?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
He is the mother of all flip floppers: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/09/2012-flashback-donald-trump-said-gop-was-too-mean-spirited-towards-illegal-immigrants/
His groupies don't care. At some time he has voiced their position, and they are good with that.

That is the kind of power one gets, when they sell LOUD.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Wow.  So it's ok for U.S. taxpayers to support them even though it means higher taxes for us, while a lot of them get a free ride?  We have plenty of American citizens who can't find jobs, don't have medical, can't get grants for college, and our going hungry and don't qualify for assistance. Yes, I've encountered some illegals ... and called the proper authorities.  I've also called the proper authorities on a couple of contractors who bragged about not having to pay taxes because they employ illegals.

..hmm federal spending?  Federal spending is what's keeping them here!  I'd rather spend the money to keep the illegals out.  We can no longer sustain the programs that many are on as well as paying for their medical care, housing, and food and paying to keep them in our prisons.

I am all for treating legal citizens that migrate here legally as first class citizens. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:31:44 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bkepley

Wow.  So it's ok for U.S. taxpayers to support them even though it means higher taxes for us, while a lot of them get a free ride?  Yes, I've encountered some illegals ... and called the proper authorities.  I've also called the proper authorities on a couple of contractors who bragged about not having to pay taxes because they employ illegals.

..hmm federal spending?  Federal spending i's what's keeping them here!  I rather spend the money to keep the illegals out.  We can no longer sustain the programs that many are on including paying to keep them in our prisons.

I am all for treating legal citizens that migrate here legally as first class citizens.

Please back up and slowly read what I said.  I knew for some people it would end like this.  Please..give my actual words a chance.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
truth_seeker asked above:
[[ Will authorities detain you, take you to the station? Will you get a phone call to your family, to bring your birth certificate?
Seems like the Soviet Union, East Germany and Nazi Germany. Only here in America today the "authorities" will be career government employees. ]]

I may be wrong, but I have read that back in the days of Ellis Island (when my own grandparents arrived in the USA), if for some reason an immigrant was found to be not acceptable to a certain set of standards, that person was "culled out" and put back on a ship headed to where he came from in relatively short order.

There wasn't much "due process" in the old days.
I'd like to see things get back to that way, again.
All of my ancestors came before Ellis Island, which is but one entry place. For insight into the actual difficulty of getting to America and then into the interior, read "The Emigrants" by Wilhelm Moberg.

And with no government handouts whatsoever at the end of the journey.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

No one is proposing going door to door and yanking people out of homes.  There are quite a few on government assistance and quite a few that are opening up bank accounts (thank you Bank of America), applying for drivers licenses, etc.  that can be reported and deported.  Doctors offices and our hospitals and emergency rooms are full of illegals.  Having worked in the medical field I found it extremely frustrating to have to register someone or hand over medical records to someone who was given "free" and costly medical care and the only thing that they can produce is a damn Matricula Consular card as identification.

As was stated early by other posters, cut off the benefits, cut off the "freebies" and they will self deport.

Another poster also stated that there should be a moratorium on immigration into this country and I agree wholeheartedly.

All of these suggested methods, while not perfect, do not involve going door to door and yanking people out of their homes as the DEMS would scare you into believing.

No, the "door-to-door" thing is the political histrionics of the GOP.  You know the other side of the coin from the "living in the shadows" and "back alley abortions".  The political class and their allies trot them out whenever the get in front of camera in their "Why we can't do that" show.
It's remarkable what people were able to only 70 years ago.  You know, simultaneously plan, mobilize against and defeat two existential threats to America.  Even 50 years ago, plan a weekend trip to the Moon.  Now, geez, we can barely put a thumb up our ass successfully.  It's not just the Democrats who are part of this national flaccidity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

His groupies don't care. At some time he has voiced their position, and they are good with that.

That is the kind of power one gets, when they sell LOUD.

Flip-flops aren't that bad when there is some record of accomplishment.  That's something any of the political elite candidates can say.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:37:16 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Godzilla

I've said this before but you weren't here then so I'll say it again!  We don't need to deport anyone! All we need to do is turn off the damned MAGNETS, every last one of them, and they will go home all by themselves!

Yes... that would work.

But that is not what Trump proposes... or what his supporters want.

It's not 'in your face' enough.

Godzilla

Who in the heck cares how much it will cost?

We've been playing with 'Monopoly Money' since 2008.  There ain't no difference between $18 Trillion in debt and $20 Trillion.

So what was the hullabaloo about the debt... and the debt ceiling?  Why did Cruz push so hard two years ago?

If you are saying that the last 8 years of conservative work was stupid and useless, how are you any different that a Democrat? 

Pelosi said the same things just two years ago.

Offline aligncare

I spent the day at a soccer field here in Staten Island. There is a serious amateur league here that runs matches all day long. Most of the teams and players speak only Spanish. The spectators are mostly family members. I can tell many are from Central America and you guessed it, most are illegal.

I don't speak much Spanish, but I do understand a bit. And listening to conversations I heard a lot of people using the term La América. Illegals are sensing there's something in the wind. (I think his name is Donald Trump).

bkepley

Yes... that would work.

No it won't do what Bigun thinks.  It's not as simple as that, but I do think we should  enforce the laws on immigration.

Godzilla

Again, no one is advocating stopping people because they look Hispanic.  Asking for proper identification and proof of citizenship before one can open a bank account, apply for a job, apply for a checking account, checking on one's  status before renting to individuals should all come under e-verify. I think it has become necessary to have to show proof of citizenship. The "gross" incompetency of our government is brought on by those in government who refuse to enforce existing laws.  IF ICE and border patrol agents were allowed to catch and deport we wouldn't be in this mess.  If our law enforcement officers were allowed to deport instead of hold and release we wouldn't be in this mess.   Once it is known to illegals that the system is no longer lax and that getting benefits without proof of citizenship is slim to none they will self deport and many won't try to come here in the first place.  Due process??  Illegals are here illegally. THEY SHOULD HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER AMERICAN LAW period.

THEY SHOULD HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER AMERICAN LAW period.

How many can our hunters bag, then?  And do they need a hunting license?

No rights under American law... means no protection under American law.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes... that would work.

Not a Trump supporter. Just looking at actual solutions.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Godzilla

We could.  But we'd need to add a few tens of thousands employees (if not a hundred thousand) to the Federal government.  And GS positions aren't cheap, either.  How many here are still in favor of Trump's 'deport all illegals' if it means we have to pay an extra 5% 'deportation tax' on our incomes?  And 5% to the corporate tax rate.

No exceptions or deductions allowed.

Who is still in favor?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:18:05 pm by Godzilla »

Offline EdinVA

Yes... that would work.

The problem is Godzilla, we are only being given 2 options, amnesty or deportation.
If those are my choices, the I chose deportation.

Godzilla

No, the "door-to-door" thing is the political histrionics of the GOP.  You know the other side of the coin from the "living in the shadows" and "back alley abortions".  The political class and their allies trot them out whenever the get in front of camera in their "Why we can't do that" show.
It's remarkable what people were able to only 70 years ago.  You know, simultaneously plan, mobilize against and defeat two existential threats to America.  Even 50 years ago, plan a weekend trip to the Moon.  Now, geez, we can barely put a thumb up our ass successfully.  It's not just the Democrats who are part of this national flaccidity.

70 years ago, our income tax on the top earners was over 90%... to pay for that war.

Today, conservatives rail against high taxes and our politicians trot out tax cuts every so often.

You can't reconcile the two positions.  If you want that sort of government 'wunderwerk', you'd best be willing to *PAY* for it.

But if you are willing to fork over a large amount of money to the government, who supposedly knows how to spend it better than you... just how is that different than a Democrat?