Author Topic: Schumer And The Secrets Of Iran  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Schumer And The Secrets Of Iran
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:07:43 am »

By Michael Leeden

I’m fascinated by the Schumer thing, because I know something about his past involvement with Iran policy that may well have played a role in his decision to oppose The Deal. Senator Schumer had a direct, personal involvement in a brief secret correspondence between the Obama Administration and the leaders of the massive insurrection against the Iranian regime in 2009, following the fraud concerning the outcome of the June elections in Iran. Former Prime Minister Mir Hossein Mousavi got the most votes, while then-current President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was proclaimed the winner. The streets of all major cities filled with protestors, bigger than the monster crowds that had massed against the shah in 1979.

At this dramatic moment, the administration decided to send a message to Mousavi’s group, the Green Movement. Senator Schumer had a Wall Street friend who was in touch with the Greens, and he was picked to be the messenger.

Schumer was asked to pass two questions to the Green leaders on behalf of the administration:  The Greens were given to understand that the questions came from the secretary of state.  The questions were: “What should we do?  What should we NOT do?”

The reply is in the form of an eight-page typed memorandum, dated November 30, 2009.

You can read it here.

Much more at link below with live links.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelledeen/2015/08/09/schumer-and-the-secrets-of-iran/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Schumer And The Secrets Of Iran
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:10:37 am »
Many of you might remember that Michael once was a very frequent poster at TOS.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:54:38 am »
Hillary/obama have been a disaster to our international relationships.
Maybe Schumer is finally recognizing the obama Administrations incompetence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:23:52 am »
Fascinating....I still don't trust Schumer and I think he is against this deal with Iran only publicly cause he knows Obama already has the votes he needs...hope I'm wrong about Shumer.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:26:16 am »
Fascinating....I still don't trust Schumer and I think he is against this deal with Iran only publicly cause he knows Obama already has the votes he needs...hope I'm wrong about Shumer.

I'm also skeptical of his true intention, but part of me thinks that there have to be some Democrats who realize exactly what Obama is doing, and what it will mean for their political futures. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 02:25:35 am »

I don't trust him either! Not for a second! But the material at the link in the article is a MUST READ for anyone who really wants to understand what is currently going on in Iran and the Middle East!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 03:31:24 pm »
I don't trust him either! Not for a second! But the material at the link in the article is a MUST READ for anyone who really wants to understand what is currently going on in Iran and the Middle East!

Thanks Bigun - I saw that you posted this on Facebook and meant to read that article then - but it was late at night and I fell asleep.  I'm marking this to read it at a later time, it sounds very interesting!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »
Thanks Bigun - I saw that you posted this on Facebook and meant to read that article then - but it was late at night and I fell asleep.  I'm marking this to read it at a later time, it sounds very interesting!

Don't forget! It's REALLY important!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 03:35:05 pm »
Hillary/obama have been a disaster to our international relationships.
Maybe Schumer is finally recognizing the obama Administrations incompetence.

Not a chance. This is simply cover for Schumer so that he can continue to play to his Jewish base. The deal will be approved, Schumer's vote is inconsequential.

Offline Relic

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 03:36:39 pm »
I'm also skeptical of his true intention, but part of me thinks that there have to be some Democrats who realize exactly what Obama is doing, and what it will mean for their political futures.

If you watch what they do, it's very difficult to believe that there is a Democrat in Washington D.C. that cares about America and Americans.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 03:46:04 pm »

I won't forget.   :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

Totally accurate too. Thank you for the link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 03:58:18 pm »
Totally accurate too. Thank you for the link.

You are MORE than welcome! And probably the one person here least in need of reading it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 05:19:26 pm »

At this dramatic moment, the administration decided to send a message to Mousavi’s group, the Green Movement. Senator Schumer had a Wall Street friend who was in touch with the Greens, and he was picked to be the messenger.

Schumer was asked to pass two questions to the Green leaders on behalf of the administration:  The Greens were given to understand that the questions came from the secretary of state.  The questions were: “What should we do?  What should we NOT do?”  The reply is in the form of an eight-page typed memorandum, dated November 30, 2009.

Hi, Bigun--  Just want to make sure I'm understanding this:

* In 2009 the Obama administration asked Schumer to  reach out to the opposition party in Iran and ask them what they (we) should and should not do,
* A reply came in the form of a "Memorandum"--unaddressed and unsigned with a detailed history of Iran--(apparently from memory since not one source is included),
* And the "pointedly presented real options" are:  "Continue on the track of wishful thinking or reward the brave people of Iran and advance world peace".

I feel like I'm missing something big here, Big--what is it?

Thanks.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »
Hi, Bigun--  Just want to make sure I'm understanding this:

* In 2009 the Obama administration asked Schumer to  reach out to the opposition party in Iran and ask them what they (we) should and should not do,
* A reply came in the form of a "Memorandum"--unaddressed and unsigned with a detailed history of Iran--(apparently from memory since not one source is included),
* And the "pointedly presented real options" are:  "Continue on the track of wishful thinking or reward the brave people of Iran and advance world peace".

I feel like I'm missing something big here, Big--what is it?

Thanks.

There is something big there! VERY big in fact!  It says that until the Mullahs in Iran are removed from power in Iran there will be no end to the turmoil in the Middle East!

That is simply a FACT of life whether or not anyone here, other than myself, ever comes to realize it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »
There is something big there! VERY big in fact!  It says that until the Mullahs in Iran are removed from power in Iran there will be no end to the turmoil in the Middle East!

That is simply a FACT of life whether or not anyone here, other than myself, ever comes to realize it!

I agree with you.  Always have.  I think where we diverge is on the "how".  I'm of the view that allowing the Iranian youth (65% of 70 million are under 35, 85% have higher education degrees) to do what they most want to do is the best way to accomplish this goal.  The Iranian youth WANT BACK into the world.  They're educated, tech-savvy and chomping at the bit--this is why after the nuclear deal was signed the Iranians danced in the streets.

"Death to Israel", "Death to America" could well become a mantra from a by-gone era if the young in Iran are allowed a chance to enter the 21st century.

XOXO   ^-^

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 05:55:55 pm »
I agree with you.  Always have.  I think where we diverge is on the "how".  I'm of the view that allowing the Iranian youth (65% of 70 million are under 35, 85% have higher education degrees) to do what they most want to do is the best way to accomplish this goal.  The Iranian youth WANT BACK into the world.  They're educated, tech-savvy and chomping at the bit--this is why after the nuclear deal was signed the Iranians danced in the streets.

"Death to Israel", "Death to America" could well become a mantra from a by-gone era if the young in Iran are allowed a chance to enter the 21st century.

XOXO   ^-^

Then we are in COMPLETE agreement because that is the method I have ALWAYS advocated for but they can't do it without a little under the table help from US!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
Then we are in COMPLETE agreement because that is the method I have ALWAYS advocated for but they can't do it without a little under the table help from US!

Okay, maybe.  But wouldn't the nuclear agreement be a little ON the table help from the P5+1 and the UN with the release of sanctioned Iranian assets?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 06:05:23 pm »

Just to address that, as sourcing is highly important!

I can confirm it's accuracy as far as it goes - there have been some changes since 2009 (more along the lines of the Mullah's loosening their grip slightly internally to keep the opposition supporters from getting too out of hand). None of the sources you may use to confirm the tenets of this are of the "burn your eyes out before reading" type - publications and policy papers from both the UK Foreign Office and the US State department, along with the unclassified CIA world book entries for the years 2001 to present all agree with this positional memorandum.

It's just pulled a lot of little threads into one place, basically. I've printed it out for work related reasons.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »

Okay, maybe.  But wouldn't the nuclear agreement be a little ON the table help from the P5+1 and the UN with the release of sanctioned Iranian assets?

IMHO absolutely not! Quite the opposite in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 06:21:31 pm »
IMHO absolutely not! Quite the opposite in fact!

Just say it, Big--you see war as the only option.

(I'll disagree--but won't try and talk you out of it--promise)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »
Just say it, Big--you see war as the only option.

(I'll disagree--but won't try and talk you out of it--promise)

Not going to say that because it isn't true!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »
Not going to say that because it isn't true! 

So (and I'm guessing again, so help me here)--your plan is to basically keep the status-quo, preferably with strong sanctions, leave the Iranian educated youth seething at the US and Israel, and then go in for some successful covert operations to "remove" the Mullahs.

Am I getting close?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 06:33:19 pm »
Schumer's position is sincere. You could've knocked me over with a feather, but he is sincere. He's even risking a future speakership by taking this stance against the administration.

Sometimes a politician lucks out and doing what's politically expedient and doing what's right are the same thing. And then sometimes doing the right thing goes against their political self interest.

I have to say it, but that's what a statesman does.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 06:33:45 pm »
So (and I'm guessing again, so help me here)--your plan is to basically keep the status-quo, preferably with strong sanctions, leave the Iranian educated youth seething at the US and Israel, and then go in for some successful covert operations to "remove" the Mullahs.

Am I getting close?

I don't agree with part of your analysis at all!  The deal would do nothing but make the Mullahs even stronger and thus the method of removing them that we both favor ever more difficult!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:35:18 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien