Author Topic: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'  (Read 13582 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« on: August 08, 2015, 04:54:48 pm »
Washington (CNN)Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina ripped Donald Trump's incendiary remarks about Megyn Kelly on Friday night.

Following Trump's interview with Don Lemon on "CNN Tonight," where Trump said the Fox News host had "blood coming out of her wherever" during Thursday's Republican debate, Fiorina tweeted her disapproval.

"Mr. Trump: There. Is. No. Excuse," she tweeted, adding: "I stand with @MegynKelly."...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/donald-trump-carly-fiorina-megyn-kelly/index.html?eref=edition

Offline flowers

Re: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
Good grief, that didn't take long. She was on my short list.

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »
Good grief, that didn't take long. She was on my short list.

I am glad she called him out. We need a statesman, not a loud mouth bleep. We need someone to elevate Conservatism to something everyone aspires for and looks up to, not looks at as Jr. High gutter mouth politics.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »
Megyn Kelly pointed out something I didn't know before about Trump. We can think what we will about how the question was presented, but I'm glad that piece of truth came out about him. Not somebody that I would want being a  roll model for my child, or that I would want representing America on the World stage. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »
I am glad she called him out. We need a statesman, not a loud mouth bleep. We need someone to elevate Conservatism to something everyone aspires for and looks up to, not looks at as Jr. High gutter mouth politics.
I am not a fan of Trump, but I am less of a fan for this PC garbage. This is how they take out anyone they fear.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:18:35 pm by flowers »

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 05:19:33 pm »
I am not a fan of Trump, but I am less of a fan for this PC sh!t.

There is a big difference between PC and common decorum and courtesy (ie acting like an adult). Too many people tried to hide behind 'not being PC' as much as people try to hide behind PC itself.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 05:22:51 pm »
I am not a fan of Trump, but I am less of a fan for this PC garbage. This is how they take out anyone they fear.

This has NOTHING to do with being PC, flowers.  NOTHING.

Carly is absolutely right.  There is never, ever, EVER an excuse for the broad, demeaning swipe at all women that he took just to 'get back' at Kelly.

He is crude.  He is disgusting.  And he has no more business being President than any other crude, disgusting man does.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 05:23:26 pm »
There is a big difference between PC and common decorum and courtesy (ie acting like an adult). Too many people tried to hide behind 'not being PC' as much as people try to hide behind PC itself.

Completely agree.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »

Carly is absolutely right.  There is never, ever, EVER an excuse for the broad, demeaning swipe at all women that he took just to 'get back' at Kelly.

He is crude.  He is disgusting.  And he has no more business being President than any other crude, disgusting man does.
Yet he told Chris Wallace the same thing. Nobody is complaining about that.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »
Yet he told Chris Wallace the same thing. Nobody is complaining about that.

Not so sure that is an accurate comparison.  Trump was called out on his attack on females; instead of giving some sort of defense, he attacked the moderator during the debate and afterwards.  In acting presidential or even gentlemanly he could have stated something to the effect that her accusations were not entirely correct and his comments were directed at specific women in response to their attacks on him and his comments were not intended to include all women and certainly not said to offend those women who act like ladies.  If Kelly came back again, it would certainly have made her look like she was on a "Trump hunt".   At that point, he could have merely stated, Megyn, I'm not going to even dignify that question with a response.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 05:54:00 pm »
Trump is a misogynist. There is no longer any doubt. He's called women "pigs" and "fat slobs" and "bimbos" and now he attributes questions he doesn't like to the female questioner's hormonal state at the time.

Is it a surprise he's been married three times?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:29 pm »
Not so sure that is an accurate comparison.  Trump was called out on his attack on females; instead of giving some sort of defense, he attacked the moderator during the debate and afterwards.  In acting presidential or even gentlemanly he could have stated something to the effect that her accusations were not entirely correct and his comments were directed at specific women in response to their attacks on him and his comments were not intended to include all women and certainly not said to offend those women who act like ladies.  If Kelly came back again, it would certainly have made her look like she was on a "Trump hunt".   At that point, he could have merely stated, Megyn, I'm not going to even dignify that question with a response.
I didn't know until a few minutes ago he called her a bimbo after the fact.....

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/07/donald-trump-agrees-that-megyn-kelly-is-a-bimbo/

Offline evadR

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
Deflect and divert.
It works every time.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 06:16:34 pm »

I dunno. Can you be anymore crude and disgusting than Slick Willie?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »

Can't disagree.

I rejected using crude language in public in my early 20s. I never engaged in it (until I started following politics, that is). Anyway, that kind of behavior is not me. But, I do wish to point out that guys talk that way, sometimes and often, in mixed company.

This episode will probably boost Trump's popularity among democrats.

Offline evadR

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 06:26:27 pm »
Fiorina and the rest of you are falling for a huge drive by load.
I'm amazed how quickly all the Trump hatred can cloud your vision.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 06:27:36 pm »
Trump reminds of when Obama would take shots at Hannity.

We don't need another petulant, entitled, and spoiled loudmouth in the White House.

That said, I don't find any of what he said about Kelly to be sexist.  I think he's the type who speaks before thinking.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »
I didn't know until a few minutes ago he called her a bimbo after the fact.....

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/07/donald-trump-agrees-that-megyn-kelly-is-a-bimbo/
I cannot seem to find another place that can quote Trump calling her a bimbo. Did he or didn't he?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »
I dunno. Can you be anymore crude and disgusting than Slick Willie?

Were you defending Clinton's bad behavior in the 90's??

I didn't think so......

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 06:52:33 pm »
Trump reminds of when Obama would take shots at Hannity.

We don't need another petulant, entitled, and spoiled loudmouth in the White House.

That said, I don't find any of what he said about Kelly to be sexist.  I think he's the type who speaks before thinking.

Blaming Kelly's hard-hitting questions on hormones is not sexist??

Yikes, Carling.  Spend a few more minutes thinking about it....   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »

The use of the pejorative term "Trump hatred" diminishes your point, evad.

If you assign all disgust with disgusting behavior as 'hatred' and never blame the person who said the words, you'll never see the truth in the man you are defending.

bkepley

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 07:03:21 pm »

It ain't Trump hatred it's Trump as US President hatred.  Completely logical.

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 07:14:37 pm »
Blaming Kelly's hard-hitting questions on hormones is not sexist??

Yikes, Carling.  Spend a few more minutes thinking about it....   **nononono*

Where did he blame it on hormones?  He said eyes, then he said "whatever."

He's a clown, but you and others are assigning a specific meaning to a vague word.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 07:20:43 pm »
Where did he blame it on hormones?  He said eyes, then he said "whatever."

He's a clown, but you and others are assigning a specific meaning to a vague word.
|That is the same thing I would like to know, how do you blame hormones from eyes, then he said whatever?

bkepley

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 07:25:22 pm »
|That is the same thing I would like to know, how do you blame hormones from eyes, then he said whatever?

He said wherever.  It was clear what he meant.