Author Topic: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'  (Read 13580 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Fiorina on Trump: 'There. Is. No. Excuse.'
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 08:12:19 pm »
Yes.

And it is Donald Trump who has made that happen.
If it wasn't Trump in the main topic it would have been some other ginned up major distraction from the debates.  Or another Cecil story. The left hasn't played nice for YEARS and have used PC to shut us down. It is way past time to try to play nice with them. If Trump used the rag excuse.....then so be it. The left has been rude  and crude for years.

The real war on women...Planned Parenthood.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2015, 08:18:27 pm »
Didn't say that either.

Well, why then your statement that I don't know what he meant if you don't think you do?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2015, 08:21:05 pm »
Didn't say that either.  Never have, never will.
You people are something else with your false assumptions.

Did you notice the little squiggly thing at the end of the sentence?

That makes the whole thing a question, and a question is designed to obtain more information in order to NOT assume something incorrectly.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2015, 08:23:40 pm »
:smokin:

I get where you're going musiclady - but to me, it goes back to that whole "hate crime" crap.  ALL crimes are hate crimes - why should some be worse than others because they involve the color of skin, gender - etc?  It's just a way to cry I'm-an-extra-special-victim. 

Trump IS at the center of this - but everyone is gasping because the remark was directed at her hormones.  Just like with blacks - you cannot be truly equal as long as you claim to be special.  Yes, he insulted her - but he could have just as easily said that she was trying to Barbie herself up for the debate with her big false eyelashes and hair extensions.   :nometalk:  An insult is an insult - that's bad enough without getting hung up on semantics.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone 'gasp,' but it IS kind of unusual for anyone to publicly make such an unabashed sexist comment.

My point is that, just because militant political 'feminists' make absurd accusations about men (and conservative women) doesn't mean that genuine sexism doesn't exist.  It does.

There would be no difference, IMO, in saying that real racism doesn't exist because the likes of Al Sharpton have bastardized the issue.

I think we need to be careful (especially as women) not to excuse bad behavior just because militant feminists have wacko man-hating personal issues.

This situation, IMO, involves a very real breach of appropriate conduct, and I, for one, am disturbed by the thought that anyone so crude and lacking in self-control would be our nominee in perhaps the most critical election in our history.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline evadR

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2015, 08:28:53 pm »
Did you notice the little squiggly thing at the end of the sentence?

That makes the whole thing a question, and a question is designed to obtain more information in order to NOT assume something incorrectly.
Nice try...work on it harder.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2015, 08:29:08 pm »
If it wasn't Trump in the main topic it would have been some other ginned up major distraction from the debates.  Or another Cecil story. The left hasn't played nice for YEARS and have used PC to shut us down. It is way past time to try to play nice with them. If Trump used the rag excuse.....then so be it. The left has been rude  and crude for years.

The real war on women...Planned Parenthood.

I see those as different issues, flowers.

The fact that the left is despicable, deceitful, and doesn't play 'nice' is not the issue.

Nor is the real war on women.......... slaughtering babies........... the issue here, IMO.  (You know how passionate I am about saving the lives of innocent babies in the horrific euphemistic name of 'women's heath).

NO one is excusing the horrific behavior of the left.  But that does NOT mean that we should excuse the inexcusable in Donald Trump.

I think you are conflating issues here.  As I have said before, this is not a matter of being "PC."  It is a matter of being truthful about who Donald Trump really is.

A sexist jerk who has no business being our nominee......

Offline Carling

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »
I still fail to see how he was talking about her vagina.  Had he not said "eyes" first, sure, but I really don't think he meant what he's being blamed for in terms of intent.  This is the same to me as when liberals went crazy and took Trent Lott's vague words to Strom Thurmond to mean he wished there was still segregation.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2015, 08:32:04 pm »
To those on this thread/forum who disagree with me I will say it again. Trump is a ass. He won't make it much longer and may choose 3rd party. BUT I am sick and tired of the PC the left continuously tosses only at the people they don't like.  Just like the race card....now it will be the female card.

Now that I see what Trump said it wasn't good. Yet the whole net and probably msm is talking only about this. Perfect distraction from important issues.

There's a world of difference between not being politically correct and being crass and vulgar.

Trump's comment wasn't politically incorrect.

It was vulgar.

There is no excuse for being vulgar.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2015, 08:33:33 pm »
I still fail to see how he was talking about her vagina.  Had he not said "eyes" first, sure, but I really don't think he meant what he's being blamed for in terms of intent.  This is the same to me as when liberals went crazy and took Trent Lott's vague words to Strom Thurmond to mean he wished there was still segregation.
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of hatred for Trump they can't see straight.

Offline Carling

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2015, 08:34:02 pm »
And you're excusing behavior and vulgarity that shouldn't be excused by any thoughtful person.

I think you're wrong on his intent.  That's just my opinion, though.

Anyhow, back to more important things like Cecil the Lion.

bkepley

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 08:34:42 pm »
There's a world of difference between not being politically correct and being crass and vulgar.

Trump's comment wasn't politically incorrect.

It was vulgar.

There is no excuse for being vulgar.

Anyway there isn't for a conservative but that is one thing Trump has never been.

Offline flowers

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 08:35:49 pm »

The fact that the left is despicable, deceitful, and doesn't play 'nice' is not the issue.

Nor is the real war on women.......... slaughtering babies........... the issue here, IMO.  (You know how passionate I am about saving the lives of innocent babies in the horrific euphemistic name of 'women's heath).

NO one is excusing the horrific behavior of the left.  But that does NOT mean that we should excuse the inexcusable in Donald Trump.

I think you are conflating issues here.  As I have said before, this is not a matter of being "PC."  It is a matter of being truthful about who Donald Trump really is.

OK......the good thing is he won't be our nominee.   (hugs)

Offline Carling

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2015, 08:36:05 pm »

To be clear.

You support Trump for POTUS.

Is that correct?

If that's directed to me, absolutely not at all.  I just see yet another unfair attack on a supposed GOP for something, in my opinion, he didn't say.

Offline Carling

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »
Save your breath Carling. These people are so full of hatred for Trump they can't see straight.

I think the guy is a buffoon and a side show, but I live in a world where words mean more than assumption.

Offline evadR

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 08:41:46 pm »
Quote from: Luis Gonzalez on Today at 04:06:03 PM

To be clear.

You support Trump for POTUS.

Is that correct?

If that's directed to me, absolutely not at all.  I just see yet another unfair attack on a supposed GOP for something, in my opinion, he didn't say.

I think it was directed at me Carling.

And Luis, if you're really trying to ask a question, the correct phraseology would be "Do you support Trump for president?"...with or without the squiggly thing.

Offline evadR

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2015, 08:42:31 pm »
I think the guy is a buffoon and a side show, but I live in a world where words mean more than assumption.
100% agree on both observations.

Offline flowers

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »

When the rumors came out he was running I thought for sure it was like he always does, a Celebrity Apprentice was in the works. Yet I see nothing of one in the works. He used to be a hillary fan right? She went to his last wedding. He doesn't do anything without some sort of gain for him. Having hil as prez would sure help him out with many favors if he runs 3rd party. which is what I think he is doing.

bkepley

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »

Not hatred for Trump.  Hatred for the idea of Trump as US President.  Completely rational.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2015, 08:53:47 pm »

That's an unbelievably false accusation, evad.

You're better than that.

To falsely assign "hatred" to rational discussion as to why Trump is not qualified to be President is beneath ALL of us.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:20 pm »
OK......the good thing is he won't be our nominee.   (hugs)

:beer:

Offline Carling

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »
100% agree on both observations.

One thing I did learn is that women also apparently bleed from their eyes, along with their vagina, while menstrating.  I had no idea!

I'm guessing Trump was fumbling for a word like "nose" or "ears," and said "wherever" instead.

But, the media is telling me to be outraged about it, so I guess I'll step aside and let the mob proceed.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2015, 08:55:49 pm »
When the rumors came out he was running I thought for sure it was like he always does, a Celebrity Apprentice was in the works. Yet I see nothing of one in the works. He used to be a hillary fan right? She went to his last wedding. He doesn't do anything without some sort of gain for him. Having hil as prez would sure help him out with many favors if he runs 3rd party. which is what I think he is doing.

I think that is a very real possibility.  Trump is in this for Trump, and if he can be in Hillary's inner circle, he will find a way to get there.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2015, 08:56:46 pm »
One thing I did learn is that women also apparently bleed from their eyes, along with their vagina, while menstrating.  I had no idea!

I'm guessing Trump was fumbling for a word like "nose" or "ears," and said "wherever" instead.

But, the media is telling me to be outraged about it, so I guess I'll step aside and let the mob proceed.

You know, diminishing legitimate criticism with mockery doesn't look good on you, Carling.

As with evad......... I thought better of you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »

If he 'didn't say' it, then the only conclusion to come to is that he is incredibly dense.

Do you like that idea, Carling?

Because 'he meant something else' doesn't cut it here.

Offline Carling

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:29 pm »
You know, diminishing legitimate criticism with mockery doesn't look good on you, Carling.

As with evad......... I thought better of you.

I'm not mocking you.  Had Trump actually said what he's being accused of, I'd be criticizing him.  As I posted earlier, this reminds me of the Trent Lott nonsense that caused his fall from grace.  Liberals assign meaning to fit their narrative.  I've seen this play out so many times before, and it amazes me how people then view that narrative as fact.