Author Topic: Trump Bars Iowa Newspaper from Event  (Read 842 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump Bars Iowa Newspaper from Event
« on: July 25, 2015, 04:06:18 am »
http://politicalwire.com/2015/07/24/trump-bars-iowa-newspaper-from-event/

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has denied The Des Moines Register press credentials to gain access to a candidate event scheduled for Saturday, the Des Moines Register reports.

“The reason: an editorial published by the newspaper last Tuesday calling on Trump to quit the Republican race.”

“Register political columnist Kathie Obradovich was informed Friday that she had been denied a credential to the event, a ‘family picnic’ featuring Trump… Trump’s national campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told Obradovich in a phone call that the Register was being excluded from the event because of the editorial.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump Bars Iowa Newspaper from Event
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 04:16:53 am »
Glad to see Kathy Dumbroadovich getting the denial. The Register does the same kind of petty sniveling elitist journalism that the rest of the MSM does.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:01 am »
I have to admit that I kind of like Trump using these tactics against the media - it is refreshing to see someone not afraid of them.  I still don't think he will stick it out to the end though.  We'll see.  He certainly has added a lot of interest to the race, saying things no one else would dare to. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 10:28:52 am »
Ask anybody. Trump is known for taking all interview requests. He talks to anyone and everyone wanting an interview. And he answers questions without apology for his stance. No rehearsed answers. Just honest, straight from the gut responses.

Whatever this editorialist wrote must have been pretty bad to have been excluded by Trump's team.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:41:13 am »
At least he does not rope them off in a herd like hellary...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 01:29:14 pm »
I don't think Mr. Trump quite understands how journalism works.

Or maybe he does and he's just goading them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »
It's a fact that Trump accepts any question from any journalist in any venue. He does not pick and choose who he will speak with. Except for that Des Moines Register person, I guess.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 03:28:40 pm »
It's a fact that Trump accepts any question from any journalist in any venue. He does not pick and choose who he will speak with. Except for that Des Moines Register person, I guess.

Have to remember after 10 years or longer people get use to appeasement and PC is the way things work.  Trump and Cruz being fighters just like the LIBS takes some getting use to by folks whom are use to RUNNING and caving at the first sign of having to take a stand on anything..  :patriot: