Author Topic: Marco Rubio in Spanish: Obama’s First Executive Amnesty ‘Important,’ People ‘Benefiting from It’  (Read 10988 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
STOP...and I mean STOP calling other posters here ignorant!!!...they are entitled to their opinions.

"That is simply ignorant"... is what I said.

What I said was that the statement highlighted  and implied by "that" was ignorant.

It was.

To that, the poster replied:

No, it is you that are wrong and ignorant.

So I am going to assume that you are directing your admonition at the person calling me ignorant and not at my calling a statement ignorant.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:42:42 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis - going to ask you because I have no tact and you think through your answers.

I've seen and read that true integration takes 3 generations.

The first generation immigrates, but keeps to their own kind and a lot of their own customs.
The second generation pretty much "out Americans" the Americans, to put it in US terms.
The third generation relaxes a bit and, while American, enjoys and celebrates aspects of their own cultural heritage as well.

True in your opinion?

Let me comment further, but I'd also like to prequalify any statement that follows with the following:

Entering any country illegally, for any reason, is wrong.

Anecdotal evidence is simply that, and usually dismissible in debates, but what I see around me is that all recent immigrants to the U.S. are assimilating as you detailed above, but that process is assisted by their legal status. It's easier to assimilate when you are welcomed.

We have 11 to 20 million people living here with no legal status. I don't see any options to fix that problem other than granting them some level of legal status.

I look at the situation and I read history. When I read history I see that the greatest conservative icon in my lifetime, after examining an exact situation in a much smaller scale saw exactly the same option then that I see today.

If Reagan couldn't find a solution that didn't include granting legal status, who today will find a different solution?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Arguing about one's perception is ridiculous as there is a huge difference between fact and one's perception.  I would however, like to know, what part of Rubio and Bush agreeing with Obama's executive amnesty do you find appealing?

I answered that question directly to you a number of posts back.

Here it is again:

Appealing?

Nothing.

I also know that we're not going to deport 11 to 20 million people.

What do you suggest should be done?

Now answer mine.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I look at the situation and I read history. When I read history I see that the greatest conservative icon in my lifetime, after examining an exact situation in a much smaller scale saw exactly the same option then that I see today.

If Reagan couldn't find a solution that didn't include granting legal status, who today will find a different solution?
People today who babble on about issues, call themselves conservative, can't hold a candle compared to President Reagan. Reagan finally won the nomination on his third attempt, 12 years after the first.

During that interim, he wrote extensively. He advised fellow conservatives and Republicans to behave with civility towards and about each other.

Now the situation is every time a fresh prospect comes along, a cult forms and behavior which repels others begins.

Reagan's 11th commandment is ignored. It is happening again.

If somebody encounters some of Cruz' supporters, they can't help but be put off, with the lack of civility.

But their ears are so plugged up, they can't hear. Besides, they already know it all.

The idea of winning friends and influencing people, converting then, persuading them, is alien. It is not even on their radar screens.

Loud, deep but narrow. Too busy bellowing to hear a thing. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
When you cut and paste such horse poop, at least please have the manners to provide a link.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

When you cut and paste such horse poop, at least please have the manners to provide a link.

Anti-Jeb obsession daily basis, anti-Rubio obsession daily basis, Cruz cult, reminds me of fresno.com.

Drives people away from what was a good forum. It is too repetitive, to predictable, too simple minded, too impractical, too naïve in political terms.

Online DCPatriot

Anti-Jeb obsession daily basis, anti-Rubio obsession daily basis, Cruz cult, reminds me of fresno.com.

Drives people away from what was a good forum. It is too repetitive, to predictable, too simple minded, too impractical, too naïve in political terms.

It's still a "good forum", TS.   But we've been around long enough to know this crap happens every four years during primary season.

Libertybele is an agitator, for sure.  Her post titled "Ted Cruz" in the Members Only section sealed that for me....on the tail of several threads, some still ongoing in other public forum categories.

She knew damned will she'd get a reaction, and figured a heated debate would last longer than Myst would allow it to run in the public threads.

Was born at night.   But not last night.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:26:23 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
One can also argue that by today's standards Reagan was a RINO. 

Meet RINO Reagan:

Thank you for finally outing yourself for what you are.

In saying what you just said, you have pointed out that "today's standards" of what YOU and people like you believe to be conservatism are fringe politics, devoid of any real merit or values, or even reality. You have moved what you believe to be the definition of conservatism to an absurdly extremist position in the political ideological spectrum

If the most conservative President in all our lifetimes wasn't conservative enough for you, I want no one that's suitable to you in the White House, ever.

What's truly ironic is that people like you will be the biggest factor in Ted Cruz's failure in his run for the White House.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:29:11 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thank you Luis - pretty much the same as I've observed with my Son in laws family and various friends who are working on their 2nd/3rd generation here.

Libertybelle - I'd remind you of something. Here you have a group of wildly different people with two things in common. They are conservative and they are informed. Building a candidate up by doing every other candidate down is not exactly going to go across well. Candidates are perfectly capable of bleep up on their own, especially conservative ones.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

I'll give you the link.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/14/1194062/-10-reasons-why-Ronald-Reagan-would-be-persona-non-grata-at-CPAC-2013

Now we should all understand who and what libertybele is.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's still a "good forum", TS.   But we've been around long enough to know this crap happens every four years during primary season.

Libertybele is an agitator, for sure.  Her post titled "Ted Cruz" in the Members Only section sealed that for me....on the tail of several threads, some still ongoing in other public forum categories.

She knew damned will she'd get a reaction, and figured a heated debate would last longer than Myst would allow it to run in the public threads.

Was born at night.   But not last night.

She's posting anti-Reagan garbage from Daily KOS here.

Offline truth_seeker

Maybe a paid posting robot. Not a bit of family, kids, spouse, siblings, career, local happenings, etc.

Not a bit about life experiences, how political philosophy learned, influences, humor, etc.

Cruz warrants and deserves better, along with 8-12 years of real world practical experience, beyond the debate halls.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rubio Affirms He’ll End Obama’s Executive Amnesty; Univision Interview Mistranslated
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/18/rubio-affirms-hell-end-obamas-executive-amnesty-univision-interview-mistranslated/

Looks like Matthew Boyle couldn't find one person who speaks Spanish at Brietbart?com.  Andrew is spinning in his grave.  Brietbart?com has an agenda, and it's news is fabricated to reflect that agenda.  What else could explain Boyle's continued employment.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:20:16 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thanks Once-ler. Was just coming here to post that.

Can panties now be unknotted please?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

Rubio Affirms He’ll End Obama’s Executive Amnesty; Univision Interview Mistranslated
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/18/rubio-affirms-hell-end-obamas-executive-amnesty-univision-interview-mistranslated/

Looks like Matthew Boyle couldn't find one person who speaks Spanish at Brietbart?com.  Andrew is spinning in his grave.  Brietbart?com has an agenda, and it's news is fabricated to reflect that agenda.  What else could explain Boyle's continued employment.

Excellent, Once-Ler!   Good work!

Online DCPatriot

Yes, just saw your post.  Thanks again, Luis.

Offline musiclady

I'll give you the link.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/14/1194062/-10-reasons-why-Ronald-Reagan-would-be-persona-non-grata-at-CPAC-2013

Now we should all understand who and what libertybele is.

That horrific anti-Reagan rant was seriously from Daily Kos??

Hoo boy!  Outed, indeed!

I too thank you, Luis.

(I still have a pretty good sense when someone doesn't 'smell' right).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
That horrific anti-Reagan rant was seriously from Daily Kos??

Hoo boy!  Outed, indeed!

I too thank you, Luis.

(I still have a pretty good sense when someone doesn't 'smell' right).

I'm an old hound dog from way back when.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rubio is a traitor. The majority of congress is. Cowards and traitors. Letting this country get invaded. Not stopping obama.
Do you think calling Rubio and the majority of Congress traitors makes you sound more persuasive because of your raging righteous anger?

Congress is comprised of flawed humans of varying opinions and put in power by a flawed electorate.  No one in Congress thinks they are cowards and traitors.  Even if you were justified in calling the majority of Americans you disagree with traitors, you do yourself no favor by voicing your opinion.  I'll just ignore it but the other guys...they might take offense.

I call rats traitors anonymously online to a friendly audience.  I would never call my friends, coworkers, or mom a rat or a traitor.  And even though I think my mom is wrong politically, my first instinct is to defend my mom.

This kind of stuff makes me like Rubio more. 

I'm not trying to single you out.  Lots of wacko stuff on this thread by others.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:50:17 pm by Once-Ler »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Oh really...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
libertybele...do not post anymore crap from DK

Please look again at TBR's banner :whistle:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DCPatriot

Maybe a paid posting robot. Not a bit of family, kids, spouse, siblings, career, local happenings, etc.

Not a bit about life experiences, how political philosophy learned, influences, humor, etc.

Cruz warrants and deserves better, along with 8-12 years of real world practical experience, beyond the debate halls.

I hope libertybele knows she's still welcomed here.  And, that she's learned something.

Tomorrow's another day!    :laugh:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I hope libertybele knows she's still welcomed here.  And, that she's learned something.

Tomorrow's another day!    :laugh:

Of course she is.....it's still real early in the race for 2016 and I'm not ready to start purging people.... :tongue2: :bolt:
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Of course she is.....it's still real early in the race for 2016 and I'm not ready to start purging people.... :tongue2: :bolt:

On the upside, I found some great "Cruz is a single-strand DNA, knuckle dragging, right-wing wackjob troglodite" articles over at Daily KOS that I'm sure she'd love to peruse.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On the upside, I found some great "Cruz is a single-strand DNA, knuckle dragging, right-wing wackjob troglodite" articles over at Daily KOS that I'm sure she'd love to peruse.

:banghead:
Support the USO