Author Topic: Marco Rubio in Spanish: Obama’s First Executive Amnesty ‘Important,’ People ‘Benefiting from It’  (Read 10994 times)

Offline GourmetDan

I hope libertybele knows she's still welcomed here.

Why, what other conclusion could she possibly make...    /s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What??? Interesting.  I am ridiculed because I like a candidate that obviously isn't so popular with most of you.  I strongly feel Cruz is the best candidate and he is our best shot at restoring this country rather than continuing the transformation that has already begun.  I find it rather amusing that you feel I am building a candidate up by putting others down.  In my opinion, Cruz, doesn't need to be "built" up.  I think he's the best candidate that the GOP has and will make a great president.  I find it amazing that focusing on one of the most conservative candidates has so many knickers in a twist.  Gee, should I focus on a GOPe candidate and try to erroneously build them up to appease everyone? Definitely not going to happen.

Quite frankly, being "shunned" in this forum because I am strongly in favor of a Constitutional Conservative being president, as opposed to a candidate(s) that lean more to the left speaks volumes.   :seeya:

liberty...don't let a few run you off...we are all on the same side[I know sometimes it's hard to believe]..The majority here are conservative and Cruz has a huge following here...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

"traitor"??

That's a new low.  Even I don't stoop that low, and that's saying something.

Offline musiclady

What??? Interesting.  I am ridiculed because I like a candidate that obviously isn't so popular with most of you.  I strongly feel Cruz is the best candidate and he is our best shot at restoring this country rather than continuing the transformation that has already begun.  I find it rather amusing that you feel I am building a candidate up by putting others down.  In my opinion, Cruz, doesn't need to be "built" up.  I think he's the best candidate that the GOP has and will make a great president.  I find it amazing that focusing on one of the most conservative candidates has so many knickers in a twist.  Gee, should I focus on a GOPe candidate and try to erroneously build them up to appease everyone? Definitely not going to happen.

Quite frankly, being "shunned" in this forum because I am strongly in favor of a Constitutional Conservative being president, as opposed to a candidate(s) that lean more to the left speaks volumes.   :seeya:

What in heaven's name are you talking about???

Do you even read what you write??

Do you know how many people here like Cruz, but don't like what you're doing??

Is it your intent, by posting Daily Kos garbage to turn people AWAY from Cruz??

Because, seriously, that's what you seem to be doing.  If I want to keep considering Cruz and finding out what's GOOD about him, I'm going to have to IGNORE what you say.  Is that really what you're trying to do?

Get those of us considering Cruz as our choice to turn away from him?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

You called Reagan a RINO. Rubio "almost a Democrat", many here names and you're whining about being ridiculed?

Grow up.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What in heaven's name are you talking about???

Do you even read what you write??

Do you know how many people here like Cruz, but don't like what you're doing??

Is it your intent, by posting Daily Kos garbage to turn people AWAY from Cruz??

Because, seriously, that's what you seem to be doing.  If I want to keep considering Cruz and finding out what's GOOD about him, I'm going to have to IGNORE what you say.  Is that really what you're trying to do?

Get those of us considering Cruz as our choice to turn away from him?

:beer:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
:banghead:

Hey!

Sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander and all that...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Libertybele... maybe you're more used to the sorts of people that you've been hanging out with over at whatever N.P. Forum Refugees is, but the quality of the posts (and posters) here are far higher than they are over there. Don't bring that here, even a little bit.

You've been there longer than here, but you need to tone it down.

I don't dislike Cruz, I dislike your posting techniques and your incessant need to insult those who may not completely agree with you. Again, we're not N.P. Refugees.

Tone it down and take the massive chip off your shoulders.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Glad to have been of service for your amusement.

Still - you did manage to get Luis and M'lady to agree - last time that happened was when Hollywood faked the moon landing.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:00:07 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Glad to have been of service for your amusement.

Still - you did manage to get Luis and M'lady to agree - last time that happened was when Hollywood faked the moon landing.  :laugh:

One of Hollywood's finest moments, I might add.....

Right, Luis??   ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No need for that..I only care how a person behaves on this forum..

Also, it appears that she mirrors the language of the poster to whom she is replying. 

She never has used language like that here...because nobody uses it here.  So...I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

What I would like to see here is an avid Cruz supporter who can articulate reasons why we should be FOR Cruz, and not why everyone else is chopped liver............. or, a traitor??

Since libertybele is clearly avid, let her give us reasons to choose Cruz above the other candidates.

So far I see great strengths in Cruz, Rubio, Paul, and Scott Walker.

Tell me why Cruz has better ideas, liberty.  Don't tell me that Rubio is nearly a Democrat, and make me think you're loopy.

Keep it positive, and convince us.

Offline musiclady

Also, it appears that she mirrors the language of the poster to whom she is replying. 

She never has used language like that here...because nobody uses it here.  So...I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

On that, yes.

But I'd sure like to see an explanation as to why she copied and pasted Daily Kos to bash Ronald Reagan, wouldn't you?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
One of Hollywood's finest moments, I might add.....

Right, Luis??   ^-^

Wasn't that a Freemasons project?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What I would like to see here is an avid Cruz supporter who can articulate reasons why we should be FOR Cruz, and not why everyone else is chopped liver............. or, a traitor??

Since libertybele is clearly avid, let her give us reasons to choose Cruz above the other candidates.

So far I see great strengths in Cruz, Rubio, Paul, and Scott Walker.

Tell me why Cruz has better ideas, liberty.  Don't tell me that Rubio is nearly a Democrat, and make me think you're loopy.

Keep it positive, and convince us.

When I'm on a call with one of my reps trying to take a contract away from a competitor, the ONE thing I absolutely forbid them from doing is to bash the company that currently holds that contract, because what you're actually doing is telling the individual that you're trying to convince to do business with you, normally the individual charged with the task of deciding who that company does business with, that they SUCK at their job because they picked a crappy company when they picked my competitor.

So what we do is say "Me. Prospective Customer, my competitor, Company A is a great company, but I believe that I can show you how we are an even better company than they are."

You don't sell your product by thrashing someone else's, you sell your product by convincing people that while the product they are using is good, ours is better.

You don't try to elevate your candidate by knocking other candidates down,

It wasn't that libertybele posted that article that really made me turn my head, it was her own commentary on the article:

"Meet RINO Reagan."

Ronald Reagan was and continues to be the standard bearer of modern conservatism. He's a conservative icon whose face arguably belongs on Mt. Rushmore.

The one thing that the overwhelming majority of all people who consider themselves conservative to any degree will agree to, is that Reagan was the greatest conservative President of our lifetimes, and she calls him a RINO.

That exposed her extremist fringe position on politics.

If she believes that Reagan was a RINO then everyone is a RINO to her.

Offline aligncare

Good post.

This whole thing is beginning to remind me of the 1991 Albert Brooks, Meryl Streep fantasy movie, "Defending Your Life" where in an afterlife resembling the present day US, people must prove their worth by showing in court how they have demonstrated courage. 

But, hey, no one should have to defend their political life here. That's not cricket, and it's not something I would particularly relish seeing as a regular feature here.  There should be no litmus for exchanging ideas.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I thought "W" was the greatest things to ever happen to the GOP since Reagan.

You mean RINO Reagan?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Good post.

This whole thing is beginning to remind me of the 1991 Albert Brooks, Meryl Streep fantasy movie, "Defending Your Life" where in an afterlife resembling the present day US, people must prove their worth by showing in court how they have demonstrated courage. 

But, hey, no one should have to defend their political life here. That's not cricket, and it's not something I would particularly relish seeing as a regular feature here.  There should be no litmus for exchanging ideas.

Or be called RINO and other names because they hold a point of view not in concert with someone else.

Offline aligncare

Or be called RINO and other names because they hold a point of view not in concert with someone else.

Yes, certainly that follows.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The only one I see with a massive chip on their shoulders is you. How many others in here have had to post in here about themselves in order to defend themselves?  First of all, I never intentially meant to insult others...but felt I have been insulted for my strong anti-GOPe/DEM viewpoints.  The Daily Kos...that was in error (obviously). Years ago, I spent quite a lot of time and effort fighting against amnesty as well as spending a lot of time getting "W" re-elected.  I thought "W" was the greatest things to ever happen to the GOP since Reagan.  I was never so disappointed or discouraged and really alarmed by what happened during the last two years of his term. Yes, I understand that Congress was DEM...but still... border security which was voted on was never fully implemented, the push for amnesty was prevelant and darn near succeeded then. The economy took a spiral downward, Iraq had spiraled out of control.  I had to sit back and really re-evaluate the GOP. (Keep in mind I stated the GOP, NOT my conservative feelings or viewpoint). We were given a choice of McCain (who I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for) and we were left with Obama...the TEA Party emerged...and Paul's REVOLUTION was in full force. I found I wasn't alone in my feelings.  Quite honestly, I feel that BOTH parties have failed this country period.  What we have left to depend on are ourselves and TEA.  Perhaps I'm dead wrong.  But, that is how I feel.

Ah...the News-Press forum. Right now they are relishing in the fact, that everyone in here knows that I post there. (Quite honestly, it's probably been the most visitors they've had in years). They are overjoyed that I have been "booted" here. Years ago, the newspaper had a forum that became very political and allowed both conservative and liberals. My main objective was to enlighten people as to Obama's Global Poverty Act S.2433 as a Senator and I now know I was right...that as president he would continue that goal.  Around the same time, we were all "homeless" when the newspaper shut the forum down and one of the members (liberal) started his own.  Anything goes in that forum from posting music to cartoons, etc.  Over the past couple of years, conservatives have left the building or have been kicked out for various reasons.  I continue to post in there because it has become quite an education as to how the liberal leftists think.  Perhaps progressives would be a better summation.  You would absolutely be amazed.  It is a rough forum...as I said anything goes.  I and one other conservative remain; I enjoy his writing (quirks and all). The total membership I believe is around 6, maybe 7.  Posting music from the past is entertaining and I hold no shame for contiuing to post there.  As I stated previously, "their" viewpoint is educational.  They feel that Benghazi is merely a GOP attack regardless of how many links I post. Yes, I even stated previously that I would vote for Hillary over Jeb ... at the time I didn't see much difference.   At that point, 3rd party would be my choice. At any rate, they hate Ted Cruz and think he has absolutely no chance, they hate Ted Nugent, the NRA, you name it.  I don't use the word hate lightly ... the posts are pretty vile.  They "hate" me and attack me ... I see that as me making my point.  Posting a "christian" view point there is also a no- no.  If you want to ban me from this forum so be it.  I am honest with my feelings, I don't hide from what I believe in.

Illegitimi non carborundum
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

I'm still waiting for an explanation for the Daily Kos cut and paste that was hostile to Ronald Reagan.

I have a very serious time trusting someone on an internet forum who does bizarre things that indicate one POV and then makes claims that he/she comes from another POV.

There is no reason in the world, as I see it, to ban libertybele.

I also see very little reason, thus far, as a Conservative, to trust her.

JMHO.....

(The screeching at me for hating the Tea Party when I AM Tea Party is another matter entirely.  I don't expect strength of character from every conservative.  I just expect conservatism from every conservative).

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The only one I see with a massive chip on their shoulders is you. How many others in here have had to post in here about themselves in order to defend themselves?  First of all, I never intentially meant to insult others...but felt I have been insulted for my strong anti-GOPe/DEM viewpoints.  The Daily Kos...that was in error (obviously). Years ago, I spent quite a lot of time and effort fighting against amnesty as well as spending a lot of time getting "W" re-elected.  I thought "W" was the greatest things to ever happen to the GOP since Reagan.  I was never so disappointed or discouraged and really alarmed by what happened during the last two years of his term. Yes, I understand that Congress was DEM...but still... border security which was voted on was never fully implemented, the push for amnesty was prevelant and darn near succeeded then. The economy took a spiral downward, Iraq had spiraled out of control.  I had to sit back and really re-evaluate the GOP. (Keep in mind I stated the GOP, NOT my conservative feelings or viewpoint). We were given a choice of McCain (who I couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for) and we were left with Obama...the TEA Party emerged...and Paul's REVOLUTION was in full force. I found I wasn't alone in my feelings.  Quite honestly, I feel that BOTH parties have failed this country period.  What we have left to depend on are ourselves and TEA.  Perhaps I'm dead wrong.  But, that is how I feel.

Ah...the News-Press forum. Right now they are relishing in the fact, that everyone in here knows that I post there. (Quite honestly, it's probably been the most visitors they've had in years). They are overjoyed that I have been "booted" here. Years ago, the newspaper had a forum that became very political and allowed both conservative and liberals. My main objective was to enlighten people as to Obama's Global Poverty Act S.2433 as a Senator and I now know I was right...that as president he would continue that goal.  Around the same time, we were all "homeless" when the newspaper shut the forum down and one of the members (liberal) started his own.  Anything goes in that forum from posting music to cartoons, etc.  Over the past couple of years, conservatives have left the building or have been kicked out for various reasons.  I continue to post in there because it has become quite an education as to how the liberal leftists think.  Perhaps progressives would be a better summation.  You would absolutely be amazed.  It is a rough forum...as I said anything goes.  I and one other conservative remain; I enjoy his writing (quirks and all). The total membership I believe is around 6, maybe 7.  Posting music from the past is entertaining and I hold no shame for contiuing to post there.  As I stated previously, "their" viewpoint is educational.  They feel that Benghazi is merely a GOP attack regardless of how many links I post. Yes, I even stated previously that I would vote for Hillary over Jeb ... at the time I didn't see much difference.   At that point, 3rd party would be my choice. At any rate, they hate Ted Cruz and think he has absolutely no chance, they hate Ted Nugent, the NRA, you name it.  I don't use the word hate lightly ... the posts are pretty vile.  They "hate" me and attack me ... I see that as me making my point.  Posting a "christian" view point there is also a no- no.  If you want to ban me from this forum so be it.  I am honest with my feelings, I don't hide from what I believe in.

You directed that at me, but I am not the only person to tell you that your posting style is rubbing them the wrong way and actually bleeding over into their opinion of your candidate of choice.

This is not that the News-Press Forum, we are not those people.

Generally speaking, the posters on this site are of higher than average intelligence and political acumen. We're not TOS with purity tests, but all in all we're pretty good people.

We are not the enemy. We're simply different divisions of the same army fighting a common enemy.

My problem, and this may be the problem others have with your posts (to be fair, you're not the only one) is that you see people who differ with your political opinions, even in the slightest, as being the enemy just as Democrats are the enemy. Hell... I mostly agree with musiclady, but when we do disagree WHOA! Put grandma and the kids in the storm cellar and strap yourself in!

I still have a great deal of respect for her.

Let me repeat myself... we're not the enemy.

I'd say to cool your jets a bit. Throw less names and negative acronyms around. If I'm busy on the front lines fighting the enemy across the field, I don't want to hear gunfire behind me from you fighting the reserves.

Once we, as a group, manage to defeat their side and take over both Chambers of Congress and the White House, THEN we can turn our eyes inward and fix our house,.