Author Topic: Parents of 8-year-old Boston Marathon victim say take death penalty off table for bomber  (Read 3425 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/17/parents-8-year-old-boston-marathon-victim-say-take-death-penalty-off-table-for/

Parents of 8-year-old Boston Marathon victim say take death penalty off table for bomber
Published April 17, 2015Associated Press

BOSTON –  The parents of the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombing are urging federal authorities to consider taking the death penalty off the table for the man convicted in the case.

Bill and Denise Richard, whose 8-year-old son, Martin, was one of three people killed by the April 2013 explosions at the marathon's finish line, say in a front-page piece in Friday's Boston Globe (http://bit.ly/1cBzoQE ) that sentencing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death "could bring years of appeals and prolong reliving the most painful day of our lives."

They wrote that when Tsarnaev fades from the media spotlight and public view they can start "rebuilding our lives and family."

The Richards never mention Tsarnaev by name and stressed that they are speaking only for themselves.

The penalty phase of Tsarnaev's trial starts Tuesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

What say the forum?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What say the forum?

I say death!...I understand the parents need to find some kind of closure but this is bigger than their wishes..this sends a message to all future home grown terrorists...jmo though
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:48:49 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Death. No appeals permitted.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

What say the forum?

If anyone, ever deserves the death penalty, Tsarnaev does.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

Massachusetts' death sentence is in effect life in prison.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Federal crime - federal punishment trumps state. Not something I normally agree with, but in this case I'll not complain.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Life without parole is fine with me.

IMO, he definitely was being led around by the nose by his now-dead older brother.  If he hadn't been around, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have chosen a different path.

Seems crazy to put him to death at such an age.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Life without parole is fine with me.

IMO, he definitely was being led around by the nose by his now-dead older brother.  If he hadn't been around, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have chosen a different path.

Seems crazy to put him to death at such an age.

Dzhokhar was the one who placed the pressure cooker bomb right behind Martin, blowing him in half....he chose Martin....Dzhokhar could have ditched the bomb, or contacted the police while his brother was at the other end of the street placing his bomb....DEATH!
Support the USO

Offline flowers

I say death as well. 

Offline Rivergirl

100% predictable.  Bleeding hearts for criminals. Very sad comments.  This savage animal living is somehow going to allow them to move on with their lives.  Their lives will never be the same.   Their poor little girl, maimed by that animal.   
And the Bishops in MA writing an open letter..........No death penalty.  Would that they speak up so forcefully for the unborn.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Carling

Well, if he's kept off of death row, it's that much easier for him to be Dahmered in general pop.   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well, if he's kept off of death row, it's that much easier for him to be Dahmered in general pop.   :whistle:

After I posted my opinion on this....later on in the car I was thinking exactly that.   

Let the general population in the prison yard take care of justice.

Despite the number of black 'Muslims" on the inside, I would think they'd take unkindly to not only child molesters.  Homegrown murderous terrorists should be on that list somewhere, don't you think? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

Apache brain roast. With a mouth full of ham.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline xfreeper

What say the forum?

get a rope

Offline evadR

DEATH by bongo bongo
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is odd that the parents would trivialize the event by saying the death of their son and the maiming of their daughter by saying the death penalty would inconvenience them.

"If he gets death, there will be an appeal, and we will have to come back, and come back again. Like, I have to go to the mall. I don't have time for all this stuff."

I myself, would do whatever it takes to make sure that f**ker is dead, dead, dead. I would kill him myself if I had to.

And also, aside from the justice part of it, if he remains alive it will only be a matter of time before some American(s) is capture somewhere to exchange for him. It will happen.

It is like taking off a band-aid, just get it over with now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

It is odd that the parents would trivialize the event by saying the death of their son and the maiming of their daughter by saying the death penalty would inconvenience them.

"If he gets death, there will be an appeal, and we will have to come back, and come back again. Like, I have to go to the mall. I don't have time for all this stuff."

I myself, would do whatever it takes to make sure that f**ker is dead, dead, dead. I would kill him myself if I had to.

And also, aside from the justice part of it, if he remains alive it will only be a matter of time before some American(s) is capture somewhere to exchange for him. It will happen.

I don't think the parents are trivializing a thing.  The fact of the matter is that a death sentence engenders years and years and years of constant appellate litigation and, if one appeals court finds it unacceptable, you go back to the beginning all over again.  For people in their position that can be like constantly pulling off the mother of all scabs every time it starts to heal and then rubbing salt in the fresh wound.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't think the parents are trivializing a thing.  The fact of the matter is that a death sentence engenders years and years and years of constant appellate litigation and, if one appeals court finds it unacceptable, you go back to the beginning all over again.  For people in their position that can be like constantly pulling off the mother of all scabs every time it starts to heal and then rubbing salt in the fresh wound.

I understand what you said.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b wrote above:
[[ It is odd that the parents would trivialize the event by saying the death of their son and the maiming of their daughter by saying the death penalty would inconvenience them. ]]

You are dealing with leftists here.

Some are so far gone, that not even the death and maiming of their children will result in them questioning their belief system.

I have no sympathy for them. NONE. Let them suffer.

I DO have sympathy for the boy who was killed and the daughter who is maimed.

Offline Rivergirl

You spoke from my own heart.   Death is his just reward. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
240b wrote above:
[[ It is odd that the parents would trivialize the event by saying the death of their son and the maiming of their daughter by saying the death penalty would inconvenience them. ]]

You are dealing with leftists here.

Some are so far gone, that not even the death and maiming of their children will result in them questioning their belief system.

I have no sympathy for them. NONE. Let them suffer.

I DO have sympathy for the boy who was killed and the daughter who is maimed.

Then again, some of us are so far gone into the political left/political right thing that we politicize parenthood.

I'm not sure which is worse.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You spoke from my own heart.   Death is his just reward.

He's a Muslim.

Death is what they seek, and it is the greatest prize they can achieve.

They strap bombs to their own bodies.

There's a huge problem with facing an enemy to whom death is victory.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline PzLdr

He's a Muslim.

Death is what they seek, and it is the greatest prize they can achieve.

They strap bombs to their own bodies.

There's a huge problem with facing an enemy to whom death is victory.

Only if you execute him in a way that jives with his belief system. So, if you drown him in a vat of pig's blood, causing him to inhale that blood into his system, he dies unclean, and can't get his shot at the virgins. Do it in a circular room, with no windows. Make sure he faces away from Mecca when he dies. Do NOT allow his burial, per Muslim custom within 24 hours. Leave him out on a dung heap for a week. Let dogs piss on him. And tell him all about it before you do it. I can almost guarantee he won't be praying for THAT death.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee