Author Topic: Parents of 8-year-old Boston Marathon victim say take death penalty off table for bomber  (Read 3424 times)

Offline aligncare

You are one sick puppy.

Glad you're on my side.   *who knows*

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Only if you execute him in a way that jives with his belief system. So, if you drown him in a vat of pig's blood, causing him to inhale that blood into his system, he dies unclean, and can't get his shot at the virgins. Do it in a circular room, with no windows. Make sure he faces away from Mecca when he dies. Do NOT allow his burial, per Muslim custom within 24 hours. Leave him out on a dung heap for a week. Let dogs piss on him. And tell him all about it before you do it. I can almost guarantee he won't be praying for THAT death.

What are the chances that the United States government, irrespective of who the President is, would do any of that?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:56:35 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Charlespg

Only if you execute him in a way that jives with his belief system. So, if you drown him in a vat of pig's blood, causing him to inhale that blood into his system, he dies unclean, and can't get his shot at the virgins. Do it in a circular room, with no windows. Make sure he faces away from Mecca when he dies. Do NOT allow his burial, per Muslim custom within 24 hours. Leave him out on a dung heap for a week. Let dogs piss on him. And tell him all about it before you do it. I can almost guarantee he won't be praying for THAT death.
Have the execution carried out by a woman
then sew the body up in pig skin and bury him face down ,feet toward mecca
simples
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I say death!...I understand the parents need to find some kind of closure but this is bigger than their wishes..this sends a message to all future home grown terrorists...jmo though

Agree!    :thumbsup3:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What say the forum?

get a rope

Simple and on point.   :patriot:

Offline mountaineer

I am in Boston right now. This morning's Globe had an article about the sentencing hearing and noted that many victims of the bombing support the death penalty.  So young Martin's parents call the shots? Apparently not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

I am in Boston right now. This morning's Globe had an article about the sentencing hearing and noted that many victims of the bombing support the death penalty.  So young Martin's parents call the shots? Apparently not.

That's a rather callous thing to say.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

And may I ask, why is that?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

No one, not even anyone in this forum, is calling any shots that's not in that jury. Not even the parents.

If we have the right to an opinion on this, so do they.

If nothing else, respect that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:29:37 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

Not even close to callous to observe there are other opinions among the bombing victims, which is all I did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rivergirl

Why would anyone buy into the muslim belief that they will be a martyr when they die.  They will go to hell where they belong no matter what they believe.
The Martin family is surrounded by the Church and is buying into the Church belief.  Our laws should prevail.
Let him die by the hand of the government he hates so much.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Why would anyone buy into the muslim belief that they will be a martyr when they die. They will go to hell where they belong no matter what they believe.
The Martin family is surrounded by the Church and is buying into the Church belief.  Our laws should prevail.
Let him die by the hand of the government he hates so much.

It's not that anyone buys into that, they believe it.

Offline xfreeper

Why would anyone buy into the muslim belief that they will be a martyr when they die.

I say fine give, them what they want. win/win
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:43:17 pm by xfreeper »

Offline flowers

Is this the photo that will kill him? Footage of Boston Bomber flipping off camera three months after terror attack is released

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3051049/Photo-Boston-Bomber-callously-flipping-camera-three-months-terror-attack-released.html

The image of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev flipping off a camera in his jail cell was first shown in court on Tuesday
    It wasn't released to the public until Wednesday though, when it was entered into evidence
    Prosecutors say the image is evidence that Tsarnaev is unrepentant for his crimes and therefore deserving of the death penalty
    However, defense attorneys for the convicted 21-year-old terrorist say the still from the surveillance video was taken out of context
    The prosecution called forward more victims of the attack to give their recollections of the bombing on Wednesday
    Relatives of college student Lingzi Lu and police officer Sean Collier also spoke about their lives cut short by the bombing and its aftermath

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:49:23 pm by flowers »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why would anyone buy into the muslim belief that they will be a martyr when they die.  They will go to hell where they belong no matter what they believe.
I thought a widely held Christian view is that individuals may enter Heaven by virtue of Faith ALONE.

IOW he could have a jailhouse conversion, and by the Grace of God, enter Heaven. If I am mistaken, I will listen to contrary points of view.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

I thought a widely held Christian view is that individuals may enter Heaven by virtue of Faith ALONE.

IOW he could have a jailhouse conversion, and by the Grace of God, enter Heaven. If I am mistaken, I will listen to contrary points of view.

Your POV is consistent with Scripture.   Jesus' words on the Cross, the Parable of the workers' wages..... and more.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Your POV is consistent with Scripture.   Jesus' words on the Cross, the Parable of the workers' wages..... and more.
Doesn't it say somewhere that God is the judge? And he will take any vengeance that needs be?

My wheels kind of come off, with all the tough talk coming from people that on one hand claim to hold the answers about all matters of morality, and then spout off in ways which makes me wonder if they should hold sway over my opinions, whatsoever?

"Vengeance is mine...."  and... Life in prison without chance for release, being the ultimate punishment for somebody that wants to die for his religion.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

Doesn't it say somewhere that God is the judge? And he will take any vengeance that needs be?

My wheels kind of come off, with all the tough talk coming from people that on one hand claim to hold the answers about all matters of morality, and then spout off in ways which makes me wonder if they should hold sway over my opinions, whatsoever?

"Vengeance is mine...."  and... Life in prison without chance for release, being the ultimate punishment for somebody that wants to die for his religion.

How about "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." ? His ass is Caesar's. Once he's dead, he's God's problem.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

No. That particular verse states, clearly, that if you judge the same criteria will be used to judge you. It does not admonish believers to not judge at all, but to judge wisely and fairly.

As for vengeance being the Lords - it is. That is quite clear. The death penalty though is not, or at least should not be vengeance. It is the agreed penalty for committing certain crimes, nothing more, nothing less.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

God is the ultimate Judge, but He set up a system here on earth for judging (part of His commands to Moses), and a lot of our laws descend directly from that Law.  So, we are to judge, but fairly.

As for vengeance, that's what we're supposed to avoid.  He will avenge.  But that doesn't preclude punishment, also clearly set up in the Law God gave Moses.

The New Testament verse, "Judge not, lest you be judged" is probably the most often quoted and misunderstood verse in Scripture, and is used to excuse all sorts of bad behavior.  Jesus never told us not to assess wrongdoing, and He never undid Old Testament Law.  He came to fulfill it.

I completely agree that some of the comments are over the top, and uncalled for.  Within our judicial system, Tsarnaev deserves the death penalty (which I think should be used exceedingly sparingly).   If he gets a life sentence (depending on how it is treated), it may also be an appropriate sentencing, but not as appropriate as putting him to death.

None of that is inconsistent with Christianity, but the revenge aspect of the comments here definitely are.

I do agree with those who say that not all the victims desire leniency for this monster.  And I would tend to think that more of them want this terrorist punished to the max.   

They're just not getting all the attention.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.