Author Topic: Obama concerned about 'less-than-loving expressions by Christians'  (Read 2987 times)

rangerrebew

Obama concerned about 'less-than-loving expressions by Christians'

By Brian Hughes  | April 7, 2015 | 10:17 am

President Obama used an Easter breakfast at the White House Tuesday to call out what he viewed as unbecoming comments by fellow members of the Christian community.

"On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I'm supposed to love, and I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned," the president said to a gathering of Christian leaders. "But that's a topic for another day."

Obama appeared to go off script in that exchange. He did not allude to whom he was referring.

Obama said the Easter holiday reminded him that even in the White House, some of life's problems are trivial compared to the "extraordinary sacrifice of Jesus Christ."

"For me, the celebration of Easter puts our earthly concerns into perspective," Obama said. "With humility and with awe we give thanks to the extraordinary sacrifice of Jesus Christ, our savior, and reflect on the brutal pain that he suffered, the scorn that he absorbed, the sins that he bore, this extraordinary gift of salvation that he gave to us."

The president has ignited controversy in the past with his remarks on religion. Earlier this year, Obama drew a comparison between Islamic extremism and the Christian crusades.

"And lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," he said at the National Prayer Breakfast.

Obama kept his remarks lighter on Tuesday.

Noting that his daughters were now visiting colleges, Obama said simply, "I need prayer."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-concerned-about-less-than-loving-expressions-by-christians/article/2562630
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:42:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Obama concerned about 'less-than-loving expressions by Christians'
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »
Kiss my Christian, Conservative, Caucasian  a$$, Mr. President.   :patriot:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:45:03 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:14 pm »
He might do more good to be concerned about his muslim brother's actions.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »
Note:  Not a word about the Resurrection.

On Easter.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »
The type of christian (small c) church he went to, no wonder he thinks that way about Christians.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 07:44:55 pm »
The doofus couldn't go three sentences off of the 'prompter before getting the crowd at a PRAYER breakfast to start and turn on him.  That Barack, he's a uniter!   :silly:

Was his next sentence going to be about the Crusades and the "high-horse" of Christians?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:45:39 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Calls Out 'Less Than Loving' Christians at Prayer Breakfast
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:21:14 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=636977

Newsmax
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 03:04 PM

By: Andrea Billups

President Barack Obama veered in and quickly out of a national debate over religious freedom legislation, calling out Christians as "less than loving" at an annual Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday in Washington, Mediaite reported.

"On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I am supposed to love," Obama told the group, gathered at the Washington Hilton hotel, turning from his scripted speech.

"And I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned," he said as the murmur in the crowd turned audible, Mediate said.

"But that’s a topic for another day… I was about to veer off. I’m pulling it back," the president quickly added.

He then pivoted to his prepared remarks, which carried the flavor of civil rights speeches of the past.

"Where there is injustice we defend the oppressed," Obama said. "Where there is disagreement, we treat each other with compassion and respect. Where there are differences, we find strength in our common humanity, knowing that we are all children of God."

Fox News noted that the president did not mention recent attacks in Kenya where Christian university students were slaughtered, Mediaite reports.

According to CNN, 147 died and dozens were injured at the hands of Islamist gunmen on April 2.

The president's oddly timed remarks will likely fuel the flames of his critics on the right who question why he has failed to denounce Muslim extremist violence directed at Christians worldwide.

ABC News described his jibe as a "mild poke."

The Daily Caller, however, described them as words that "malign Christians."

Talking Points Memo noted it was not the first time that the president offered eye-raising remarks at a prayer service. It noted that: "Obama faced a barrage of criticism from the right earlier this year for his comments about Christianity at the National Prayer Breakfast. Critics berated him for stating that Christians shouldn't get on their 'high horse' about religious barbarism, given the Crusades and Christian backing for slavery and Jim Crow laws."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:22 pm »
What a dumbass buffoonish Muslim this guy is. And the worst part is that he is so stupid, that he thinks he is 'intellectual' and knows better than us all. He thinks we are the stupid ones who just can't understand his greatness.

Thank you Liberals, for giving us the blessing of Obama.

Thank you all so much.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 09:49:15 pm »
I think global warming caused "less-than loving" expressions. :silly:

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 10:01:21 pm »
"But that's a topic for another day."

Then why bring it up?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:13:21 pm »
He doesn't have a clue how Christians are supposed to behave. They didn't teach that in his Indonesian Muslim school, and they sure as heck didn't teach it at Jeremiah Wright's church.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »
Is beheading a "less-than-loving" expression of the Islamic faith?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 10:52:03 pm »
He doesn't have a clue how Christians are supposed to behave. They didn't teach that in his Indonesian Muslim school, and they sure as heck didn't teach it at Jeremiah Wright's church.
What is so loving about “God damn America!” anyway? “The chickens are coming home to roost.”

But somehow I doubt that's what he meant. Nope, the Christian pizzeria owner politely saying “no thank you” to a lesbian couple demanding they cater to a same-sex wedding is the REAL unloving one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline raml

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 12:41:46 am »
The pizza owner was not unloving he was doing the right thing by not contributing to a gay marriage. We are told as Christians to love the person but if he is sinning hate the sin and not be a part of it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 02:32:29 am »
I don't think Obama is a Christian, but honestly I do think it's stupid that politicians need to pretend to be one if they hope to be elected.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:45 am »
I don't think Obama is a Christian, but honestly I do think it's stupid that politicians need to pretend to be one if they hope to be elected.

With that second part I agree.  As for the first, I have no Earthly idea whether he's religious or not, and quite frankly I don't care.

Offline raml

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 04:51:12 am »
I care because he is a Muslim and restructuring our country so it will be destroyed one day by them. Real religious people scare me no matter who they are. I am not saying people who believe and have faith are dangerous. I am talking about those that believe they have to kill off those not believing as they do now that is scary and very dangerous. Islam is the one religion in this day and time that does this. I don't like having a Muslim president and some day you will all see how he has totally destroyed all that was good about this country.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=636977

Newsmax
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 03:04 PM

By: Andrea Billups

President Barack Obama veered in and quickly out of a national debate over religious freedom legislation, calling out Christians as "less than loving" at an annual Prayer Breakfast on Tuesday in Washington, Mediaite reported.

"On Easter, I do reflect on the fact that as a Christian, I am supposed to love," Obama told the group, gathered at the Washington Hilton hotel, turning from his scripted speech.

"And I have to say that sometimes when I listen to less-than-loving expressions by Christians, I get concerned," he said as the murmur in the crowd turned audible, Mediate said.

I have a  less-than-loving expression for you ,you useless ***** tool
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »
What offends me is that he's so utterly dishonest about whatever religion he's adopted.  If he's a Muslim, an atheist or whatever, just tell the truth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »
"just tell the truth..."

Ha.  Never happen.

Truth to Obama is like sunlight to a vampire.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 05:56:19 pm »
Cheney says, according to current Drudge headline, "Obama wants to take America down!"

Thanks, Mr. Cheney.  If only George W. Bush had your set.  It's going to take somebody like this stature to impeach and remove him from office.

Obama is America's most dangerous enemy.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 06:34:42 pm »
Obama is America's the world's most dangerous enemy.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »
You guys give Obama way too much credit.  :laugh:
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »
You guys give Obama way too much credit.  :laugh:

Yeah............ right................... it's not that he wants to destroy America, and is well on his way to getting the job done.

It's just that he has a different "vision" for America that is different from our own.

Yeah............   right....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »
Yeah............ right................... it's not that he wants to destroy America, and is well on his way to getting the job done.

It's just that he has a different "vision" for America that is different from our own.

Yeah............   right....    **nononono*

I think he's just another inept president.
-Socrates