Author Topic: New White House Petition to “Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder” Has 2,000+ Signatures  (Read 5614 times)

rangerrebew

New White House Petition to “Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder” Has 2,000+ Signatures

Melissa Melton
 The Daily Sheeple
 February 6th, 2015

People are just clamoring all over themselves to get other people’s rights taken away these days in this country. What the hell happened, America?

This new petition on White House.gov is even more ridiculous than the last one which asked to raise health insurance rates on families who don’t vaccinate. Now it’s just a request to straight up classify anyone who refuses to vaccinate their child as having a mental disorder.

petitionvaxmental

This one, unlike the other, has over 2,000 signatures in just a day.

It says:

Refusing to vaccinate one’s children is dangerous, not just to those children, but to the entire community. Moreover, the ‘anti-vaxxer’ belief that vaccines are linked to mental disorders is not supported by scientific evidence. This harmful, irrational belief should, itself, be classified as a mental disorder. President Obama, please direct Surgeon General Vivek Murthy to request that this disorder, to be called Jenny McCarthy Syndrome By Proxy, be added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Sigh.

Does this ignorant petition even deserve to be broken down on its fallacies? No. Not worth the time and effort.

Here’s a petition called, “Require all parents to vaccinate their children, or be charged with child endangerment.” It has 1,365 signatures.

There’s even a petition (only signed by the starter) asking to force vaccines on everyone and if anyone opts out, they are automatically segregated from society. That’s about how people are acting at this point… over measles. The same people who didn’t even bat an eyelid at the government’s ridiculous handling of Ebola.

Funny, for all the clamoring to steal the rights of people who do not want to vaccinate their children, the petition “PROHIBIT ANY LAWS MANDATING THE FORCE AND REQUIREMENT OF VACCINATIONS OF ANY KIND” has the most signatures of all, at 11,956.

Sadly, that’s just what California is about to try to do… attempt to take away parent’s rights to religious or personal belief exemptions. The number of kids who are homeschooled will likely skyrocket, then the state will probably attempt to make that illegal as well.

Medical tyranny sucks bad enough without a cast of characters straight out of Idiocracy championing it on, as if that will never come back to bite them in the ass as well… If you can’t object to something as basic as your own medical care, the government pretty much owns you. And apparently 2,000-plus people like to be owned.
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/new-white-house-petition-to-classify-refusal-to-vaccinate-children-as-a-mental-disorder-has-2000-signatures_022015#sthash.JoWs6c8K.dpuf

Offline olde north church

If the "anti-vaxxers" weren't such morons, there would be less desire to beat them about the heads with truncheons.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

If the "anti-vaxxers" weren't such morons, there would be less desire to beat them about the heads with truncheons.

And when the time comes to take away rights that you support, you can be sure that you'll be just as big a 'moron' as those you label as such...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

People are just clamoring all over themselves to get other people’s rights taken away these days in this country. What the hell happened, America?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Martin Niemoller

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EdinVA

And when the time comes to take away rights that you support, you can be sure that you'll be just as big a 'moron' as those you label as such...
:amen: :amen: :amen:

Offline aligncare

With my new status as a moron, may I add that without the right of conscientious objection in a future in which medicine has cracked the genetic code and government social planners through NIH, know what is best for society (yes, and, for you, too) —should scare hell out of you.

Offline GourmetDan

With my new status as a moron, may I add that without the right of conscientious objection in a future in which medicine has cracked the genetic code and government social planners through NIH, know what is best for society (yes, and, for you, too) —should scare hell out of you.

The number of people on his site who would support exactly that does scare me.

Personal liberty is a rapidly disappearing freedom...

The number of people on his site who would support exactly that does scare me.

Personal liberty is a rapidly disappearing freedom...

Nooooo, personal liberty is what you do on your land, in your house, with your self.  Civic responsibility, what people seem to forget about, along with "their rights".  You walk through a public place infected with your diseases, big problem.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nooooo, personal liberty is what you do on your land, in your house, with your self.  Civic responsibility, what people seem to forget about, along with "their rights".  You walk through a public place infected with your diseases, big problem.
That is what my parents taught me. Right came with responsibilities.

And that my rights extended to the reach of my arm. When the reach of my arm, contacts the reach of another's arm, we needed mechanisms as a civilized society, to resolve conflicts.

But those were parents who experienced the Depression, served in the military during real wars, and were grateful their children could be spared polio, by modern medicine.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Rights, rights, rights.

No one ever mentions their co-joined twin: duties. Maybe if people talked about those more, a lot of the BS would disappear.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EdinVA

But those were parents who experienced the Depression, served in the military during real wars, and were grateful their children could be spared polio, by modern medicine.

What is that supposed to mean?
What exactly is an UNREAL war?
Understand you are proud of your family but you really need to get a grip...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What is that supposed to mean?
What exactly is an UNREAL war?
Understand you are proud of your family but you really need to get a grip...
Any war then. Served your country, instead of feeling entitled to something from your country.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

Nope.  Personal liberty is how I walk every day wherever I go.

Nice try to restrict it...

Oceander

Rights, rights, rights.

No one ever mentions their co-joined twin: duties. Maybe if people talked about those more, a lot of the BS would disappear.  :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Oceander

That is just stupid.  Typical liberal move:  psychologizing political dissent.

Vaccination is sufficiently important as a matter of public health that refusal should be permitted only in very narrow circumstances.  That being said, while refusal might be equally stupid, it isn't a mental disorder.

Nope.  Personal liberty is how I walk every day wherever I go.

Nice try to restrict it...

WOW!!!  A real life sovereignist!

Offline GourmetDan

WOW!!!  A real life sovereignist!

Better than letting others define your life...

I've just defined yours.  No soup for you.
Later.

Oceander

Funny how all these personal liberty paragons here when it comes to vaccination - a real public health matter - become out and out fascists when it comes to gays - a non-public matter.

That sort of hypocrisy is worthy only of a liberal; it has no place on a conservative/right of center forum.

Offline GourmetDan

Later.

Yeah, and you defined it as a real life sovereign...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Dan, that is the sort of total bollocks I expect to see from some liberal arts major wasting time at college on Mommy's dime. Not from an adult family man with a reasonably firm grasp on the world.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

Dan, that is the sort of total bollocks I expect to see from some liberal arts major wasting time at college on Mommy's dime. Not from an adult family man with a reasonably firm grasp on the world.

If you don't support not letting others define your life, I don't really care what you expect EC...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Funny how all these personal liberty paragons here when it comes to vaccination - a real public health matter - become out and out fascists when it comes to gays - a non-public matter.

That sort of hypocrisy is worthy only of a liberal; it has no place on a conservative/right of center forum.

:beer:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Later.

It's the utmost height of hypocrisy.

Wants to define the lives of others but refuses to have others define his life.

"There are rules for thee and then there are rules for me..."
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

It's the utmost height of hypocrisy.

Wants to define the lives of others but refuses to have others define his life.

"There are rules for thee and then there are rules for me..."

He's ignored.  Him dex and sink.  3 peas in a pod.